I know that pilots had jams in their guns (unfortunately not modelled in FB/AEP) and I have jammed myself a few guns from the time and always had to tweak inside the breech, either taking out the offending bullet or putting it manually in its place, so, as I've seem in some sims a key to unlock jammed guns I wonder: How did they managed, if there were a procedure at all? I'm pretty sure the breeches could not be reached in flight, so were there an ad hoc device to do so?
    You knowledgable guys that roam this forum could please answer this?

Thanks in advance.

S!

Kuikueg

That's the only way I can hit anything.

I know that pilots had jams in their guns (unfortunately not modelled in FB/AEP) and I have jammed myself a few guns from the time and always had to tweak inside the breech, either taking out the offending bullet or putting it manually in its place, so, as I've seem in some sims a key to unlock jammed guns I wonder: How did they managed, if there were a procedure at all? I'm pretty sure the breeches could not be reached in flight, so were there an ad hoc device to do so?
    You knowledgable guys that roam this forum could please answer this?

Thanks in advance.

S!

Kuikueg

That's the only way I can hit anything.

As far as I know, once jammed, they could NOT be unjammed in flight. EAW use to have jams, I wish FB had them too.

SeaFireLIV...

Now Harris could blow up everything with wild abandon like everyone else! Welcome to the war!!

Zayets's Avatar Senior Member
    True,jamming does not occur in IL2 when you fire the weapon,however,if your plane is hit ,very often you may find that your cannon or MG are jammed.

Zayets out

I could have sworn sometimes I've gotten single gun jams when I pull many G's. I do know that you can get gun jams when you are hit by enemy fire.

Vertically challenged since 1984.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    Check out the P-39, P-63, and La-7's. I believe the red handles are there to clear/charge the nose guns. I did just a quick search, there may be more.

Good hunting,
    Cajun76

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Troll2k's Avatar Senior Member
    I get the "guns jammed" message all the time.Usually from enemy fire.But also from AAA.

Oh no, no jams plz!
    Not more whining....NO!*gg*

Agamemnon22's Avatar Senior Member
    Some planes had pneumatic reloaders. I don't know how reliable they were tho.

I've read somewhere that Luftwaffe weapons had pneumatic or electric (dunno i forgot) cocking-mechanisms on their guns, in case of a jam, they could just press the trigger until the jam was cleared. On Allied weapons this was not the case..

And in EAW indeed jams were modelled in...that was really cool. (and quite a bummer sometimes when you lost half your guns and needed them alot :P )

Salute and Regards,

73GvIAP_Milan
    Formerly known as: Der_Tote_Baron