RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member

Assassinís Creed: Identity [ANNOUNCEMENT]

Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed Identity, the first action RPG for mobile platforms. It is an application developed by the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio and currently only available on iPhone and iPad in Australia and New Zealand. The idea is to do a test with the players in this area and then release the full game in 2015.

In Identity, players can customize their Assassin and tackle various missions in one of the most popular locations in the series: the Italian Renaissance. By using the Unity engine the game will be able to show 3D maps of places like Florence or the Colosseum. There will also be a dynamic crowd system, time and weather presets and real-time lighting.

The app should be available for free at this link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/assassi...880971164?mt=8

Special thanks to Access The Animus

Here are more screenshots that I took from my experience with the game. There’s a MONTREAL 2014 setting coming soon which confirms a modern day experience. For that, I’m glad.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Another cellphone game? they just released Memories not long ago.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    This actually looks like a decent smartphone game. Not a fan of their choice of settings or aesthetics, but the graphics are neat.

I wish it was Android, though. Maybe next year is the year I'll switch to Apple.

Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post
    Another cellphone game? they just released Memories not long ago.
    I said the same thing, at first. But this isn’t technically released yet. It’s still a beta only available for iTunes Australia and New Zealand, set for a worldwide release in 2015.

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    This actually looks like a decent smartphone game. Not a fan of their choice of settings or aesthetics, but the graphics are neat.

I wish it was Android, though. Maybe next year is the year I'll switch to Apple.
    I agree about the setting. Why Renaissance Italy when it was already featured in 2 main games? Ezio’s trilogy is my No.1 but I think it would’ve been better if they made it an Ezio game set in a new, different setting than just re-using Italy with someone else.

I found a video showing off what it actually looks like. Not too bad for a mobile game.

Originally Posted by LordoTzeentch Go to original post
    I found a video showing off what it actually looks like. Not too bad for a mobile game.
    Thanks for sharing. I’ve downloaded it and now I’m waiting for it to do an in-app download of 420MB. *Excited*

Probably the most interesting thing it shows so far is the Helix system and the fact that coming soon is a Montreal setting which looks like a historical version.
    EDIT: Sorry it looks like an MD Montreal.

Do we know when it's set? Is it pre/post Ezio's time in Florence?
    I'm hoping it's not during...

Originally Posted by RussellSparrow Go to original post
    Do we know when it's set? Is it pre/post Ezio's time in Florence?
    I'm hoping it's not during...
    The video had 1515 Florence and 1503 (I think) Monterrigioni.

It’s set after Ezio because the Villa Monteriggioni was damaged and apparently locked down. Some missions are set in 1549, others are in 1536..etc.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►