Problems with Exile III installer

Thanks for the reply Gannet7!

I have tried to use both versions of the installer with the same result.

I noticed that disc 3 is named slightly different.

Disc 1 = EXILE Disc 1
    Disc 2 = EXILE Disc 2
    Disc 3 = EXILE_DISC_3
    Disc 4 = EXILE Disc 4

Strange, since my set is a original CD Rom set from UBI-Soft that I bought from a store in a sealed box. Had it been an illegal copy I would have made sense...

I will try to make a new copy of the disc and name it without underscore. Maybe this will fix it!

Thanks for the confirmation!

Best regards
    Dogbert

Thanks man for info

don't stop giving us such infos

thanks again!

Yeah, that would probably be the best way to fix it. However you can use a quick trick to mount the disk under a different name:
    1. Insert CD 3, open Disk Utility and get info on the Exile volume. Note the disk identifier, it should be something like "disk1s1".
    2. Click the Unmount button in Disk Utility to unmount the CD without ejecting it.
    3. Run this command in Terminal:
    mkdir "/Volumes/EXILE Disc 3"; sudo mount_hfs /dev/<disk identifier> "$_"
    Make sure to replace <disk identifier> with the disk identifier from step 1. You will be required to enter your password.
    4. The CD will then be mounted. It will still show the original name on your desktop but the installer should be able to find it.

Problem solved!

Originally Posted by Gannet7 Go to original post
    Yeah, that would probably be the best way to fix it. However you can use a quick trick to mount the disk under a different name:
    1. Insert CD 3, open Disk Utility and get info on the Exile volume. Note the disk identifier, it should be something like "disk1s1".
    2. Click the Unmount button in Disk Utility to unmount the CD without ejecting it.
    3. Run this command in Terminal:
    mkdir "/Volumes/EXILE Disc 3"; sudo mount_hfs /dev/<disk identifier> "$_"
    Make sure to replace <disk identifier> with the disk identifier from step 1. You will be required to enter your password.
    4. The CD will then be mounted. It will still show the original name on your desktop but the installer should be able to find it.
    Thanks for your suggestions and info! I stuck with my idea about creating a new cd #3 with the correct label. Problem solved!

Thanks Gannet7

Download problem

I've just tried to download the installer for older OS X versions. Is it possible that the download has been infected with something? It's just that my anti-virus keeps blocking the download

Hi Cespenar1985. Nope, not even a possibility of viruses here. Viruses for OS X are few and far between, I suggest you disable your anti-virus.

Installers work for OS 10.10, or even 10.11?

Any chance I can get Myst III, IV & V to run on Yosemite or even El Capitan?

Hi Tian, sorry for the late response, I didn't get a notification for some reason.
    Myst III is running great on El Capitan, just grab the installer on page 1.
    Myst IV also runs reasonably, click the link in my signature below to find the installer.
    Myst V unfortunately only runs on 10.6 or earlier.

Display offset in Myst III

I used the Myst III installer and it installed without a hitch, but when I run the game, the display is offset towards the upper right portion of my screen, and so the top and right side of the content are cut off. Any suggestions for how to fix this? I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina running OSX10.11.3

Thanks.

ETA: I can get it running and see the whole screen if I switch to windowed view and set the screen size to the smallest dimensions possible (1024 x 640), but I can't get the window larger than between 1/3 and 1/2 of the total size of my screen.

Hi

It works great. Thanks for all