Hi ajcobby,
    Not sure what the problem there is, I just tried it on 10.9 and it worked okay for me. Perhaps the more compatible installer is actually not very compatible. You could try the 10.9+ installer instead.

@Gannet7

Just tried the new installer on OSX 10.6.8 using the DVD version I received with Myst IV Revelation. Install stalled the first time. Tried it again and it completed installation. Tested the game, seems to work. Not sure why it stalled. It does take a while to install from DVD so you have to be patient and try to minimize other tasks while installing. Will try on the CD version of Myst III later. Thanks Gannet7 for all your hard work.

P.S.: How is one supposed to use the Myst V installer patch. I have the Myst V DVD (Mac/PC version), however, I am not sure what to do? Thanks again.

Hi jwshu,
    Thanks for your response. Glad to hear it does work (sometimes). When it stalled, was it in the same place that ajcobby showed above?

For the Myst V installer patch, you should just put in your DVD and run the patch. It does a quick, temporary patch of the actual installer and then starts the install. It won't save a "patched" copy of anything. Note Myst V is still PPC only so it only works on 10.6 or earlier.

Originally Posted by Gannet7 Go to original post
    Hi jwshu,
    Thanks for your response. Glad to hear it does work (sometimes). When it stalled, was it in the same place that ajcobby showed above?

For the Myst V installer patch, you should just put in your DVD and run the patch. It does a quick, temporary patch of the actual installer and then starts the install. It won't save a "patched" copy of anything. Note Myst V is still PPC only so it only works on 10.6 or earlier.
    The installer stalled at a different point (blue bar about 1/8 full). What I did notice was I was using other apps while the instillation was taking place. That may have caused the stall. The second time, I only had the installer running and quit all other open applications.

Thanks for the info on Myst V being PPC only. I'll see if it works with one of my emulators.

That worked!

Hi ajcobby,
    Not sure what the problem there is, I just tried it on 10.9 and it worked okay for me. Perhaps the more compatible installer is actually not very compatible. You could try the 10.9+ installer instead:
    Myst III Installer 10.9
    That worked perfectly, thanks! Game is fully functional, no hang-ups during install. Much appreciated!

Good to hear!

I've just updated the first post, there are two versions of the installer now. The newer one is preferred of course but the one for older systems I've just reworked a second time using the really old/deprecated code from the previous "universal" installer (at least I know it works).

It works!!

@jwhsu, McKillney
    I believe I've fixed the crashing problem. Please redownload the installer and let me know how you get on.

More compatible version still to come...
    Hey, thank you so much - it worked perfectly! I'm using the CD version and I've been able install and run the game. Awesome!

@Gannet7

I can verify that both versions of the installer works with the DVD and CD versions of Myst III. They were tested on OS 10.8.6 and 10.10. For some reason, if you use the CD version, it fails on the first try. However, on the second try, it installs without any problems. Thanks again for your hard work on these installers.

Problems with Exile III installer

Okay, I've just reworked it to be compatible with 10.6 and higher. I haven't actually tested on anything below 10.9 though so please let me know if it works.
    Hi,

Have been trying to install the CD version of Myst III Exile but it hangs after CD #2. The CD ejects and I get the message telling me to insert CD #3. When I hit "continue" it just redisplays the "Insert CD..."-message over and over... I can browse the CD using finder and it presents itself as Disk #3...

Is there any workaround?

I am running OS X 10.9.5 on a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!
    Per

One more thing: The Myst installer I am using is downloaded from this forum and was posted in November 2014 by Gannet7

Hi Dogbert. Not sure what the problem is but there are two different versions of the installer - try using the other version to see if it is any different. Note the CD should be titled exactly "EXILE Disc 3" or it won't find it.