🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member

HNGD over 2 years in the making - JP Majesty

Ok, I know it's been a while since I posted that I was looking for a new guitar - that was back in July 2012 in fact...

To make matters worse, the last electric six string I purchased was in the last century (1996 to be more precise). Which I am confident will boggle the minds of almost anyone reading a guitar gear sub-forum.

End of March last year I came close to a HNGD which turned into a SNNGD.

But I finally found something that I liked, and so far it's playing great. I will say up front that this is definitely not going to resonate with everyone because its styling looks a bit out there, but when you see it in person it looks pretty freaking amazing.

Just a quick reminder of what I was looking for in this purchase... I wanted to find a compliment to my Les Paul, most guitars I've tried out felt less fun to play than my Les Paul, and when SFenton swung by to play he had the following to say about it to help back up that statement.

So, I was searching for something that was:
    1) Light
    2) 24 frets
    3) Great upper fret access
    4) Something that would inspire me to play better

I came up with the following after getting a coupon for $375 off the price putting this just at the top end of my price range:

Here are some pics of mine:
    The case:
    Even the case looks fancy.

Guitar in case:

Guitar out of case:

Rear view:
    Showing the neck-thru design, which is a first for a JP signature.

Access to 24th fret:
    I was just picking up the guitar in this pic, but it also shows that you can play the 24th fret low E with your thumb if you want.

Front:
    Laser etched maple looks like carbon. The rest of the wood outside of the center is basswood which results in a crazy light guitar.

Back of the guitar with tremlo-no installed:
    So, I put in a tremol-no so I can easily tune to drop tunings, but still have the flexibility to move the guitar to full floating mode when I want to mess with the whammy.

Family photo:
    The colors on the LP didn't really turn out right in this pic, looks redder than it really is.

So, I'm loving it so far, it's so light that playing standing up is not going to be a problem as it is with my LP after a few songs. It's amazing how easy it is to reach those upper frets, and the ebony fretboard with jumbo stainless steel frets really feels amazing.

Brick235's Avatar Senior Member
    HNGD again! That thing just looks so nice in that color and totally bad a$$! Well worth the money, I'm sure. You will be passing that down to your kids one day. If they can pry it from your hands!

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Looks like something Satch brought back from his home planet.

Looks really at home next to the bass

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah - we knew you'f get there in the end. And in some serious style too! Long live the king.

Beautiful guitar, man; HNGD!

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Looks awesome! When is the trial period over so we'll know when a true, official HNGD is appropriate?

viilaneyez's Avatar Senior Member
    Very sleek, color combo is great. HNGD!!

Enjoy!

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    wow, great looking guitar, love the colour.

HNGD it was worth the wait hehe

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks all!

One thing I forgot to mention is this also has the piezo pickup selector which lets you get an acoustic sound out of the guitar. If you play it on a clean amp at that setting it really sounds amazing.

This was the only vid I could find online that demoed this behavior on the Majesty (most are demoing it on the other JP series guitars). You can hear the difference at 10 seconds in when he switches to the piezo:

Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Looks awesome! When is the trial period over so we'll know when a true, official HNGD is appropriate?
    Well, since I had a tech put in the tremlo-no and cut out a hole in the backplate for easy access to it I think it's unlikely I can return it at this point, so my trial period is definitely over, this one is mine

Whoa, epic new axe! HNGD!

I happen to think that the styling on this is awesome, especially the mock carbon shield. Some of the previous JP Music Man guitars have been kinda bland, but Petrucci and the Ernie Ball guys really knocked it out of the park with this one.