Just to keep the confirmations rolling - corrupt files on highly official servers are always fishy - the procedure of installing humblebundle files and letting them update via uplay client works. Validating local files will make it not work

Glad to hear the fix works (and to be da real MVP)! So it really is that file that's problematic. Let's hope someone at Ubi hears about this, figures out why the file is corrupted on their end, and is able to fix it.

If you have a ticket open, I'd suggest linking to this thread to show where the real issue is. Hopefully that will help getting a fix out quicker.

Thanks a lot ! meuhcoin, you're my savior ! And actually, Humble Bundle is our savior ! I do love them.

To Ubi : you know what you have to do to fix this. What about a small rewards to meuhcoin who did your job fixing this ? Something like a little voucher or something ?

Originally Posted by Meuhcoin128 Go to original post
    Upload finished. To make things easier for everyone, I compressed it with 7zip, and to avoid forcing people to download it, I made it a self-extracting archive, hence the .exe. Download it, run it, let it extract the file on the Desktop, then copy the file into your install directory (to be safe, make a backup of the file before overwriting it). Start the game and hopefully the issue will be fixed.

If you're worried about launching random exe files from the Internet, you can always get 7zip yourself and open the executable with it: it will be treated as a regular archive and allow you to extract the file from it without actually executing it.

Let me know how it turns out. If it works, then that will mean this is definitely the faulty file. If that's the case, we'll have to wait for Ubi to replace it on their server with the actual non-corrupted version.

Download the file here.
    Great thanks! Working like a charm! You're my hero!

This file is corrupted on 2/4 servers.

To download the file with Uplay, you need to add a line on your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (with admin privileges) :
    Code:
    87.248.214.1	static19.cdn.ubi.com
    or this one :
    Code:
    87.248.214.129	static19.cdn.ubi.com
    Then remove DataPC_extra_chr.forge and repair the game files with Uplay.

More details here (in french sorry) : http://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread....=1#post1049058
    Maybe I'll translate it someday.

At the end remove this line. You'll have some problems with Uplay if Ubisoft changes their IP in the future.

Originally Posted by XoN-DnS Go to original post

To download the file with Uplay, you need to add a line on your C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (with admin privileges) :
    Code:
    or this one :
    Code:

More details here (in french sorry) : http://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread....=1#post1049058
    Works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by XoN-DnS Go to original post

Code:
    or this one :
    Code:

thank u that helped me a lot

Originally Posted by Volfbane Go to original post
    We would like to have as much info as possible. Please do so via "my questions" here: https://support.ubi.com
    My ticket was rejected because I apparently must use the support in my country's native language.

Luckily the community is really great - and it looks like the French either have much superior support or some tech-hack figuring out the CDN

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hi,

Just a friendly reminder - any community fixes that appear to work, which are not tested or officially sanctioned by Ubsoft - should only be done at your own risk.

If you have a potential solution - please make sure to update your tickets with what fixed the issue, so that the team can send it for testing.

Meuhcoin128!!!! You're my savior! I've tried all the basic stuff to fix the game too since one week. Nothings worked... Then I tried Ubi Support but I got a generic answer from them either.

And then today I tried another google search and I find this topic! I'm downloading you file, I hope it will work! Many many thanks if it do work!

It seems that community fixes are everytime faster than Ubisoft support. That's kind of a shame... But I do understand they have a lot of work and not so much time.

Well thanks again Meuhcoin128 for the upload. You are for sure, the MVP on that thread!