Milky97's Avatar Team GZ Captain

DoC Showmatch competition - Les Trentenaires vs The Dream Team!

This post is by Aza404, who for some reason currently can't post in the forums.

"Dear Champions,

We have been challenged!

The French guild “Les Trentenaires” wants to test our steel in a duel to the death showmatch competition! They have asked me to rally our 12 strongest players to the rescue to provide entertainment for all and to defend our honour against those baguette-eating scoundrels…

So what’s the basic idea?

12 players on our side, 12 players on their side. 1 player per faction for open and 1 player per faction for standard: all factions in both formats must be present. Players can use as many decks as they want from their designated faction and tournament mode. Enemy team will not be told of the faction/player composition.

OK, and how do we fight?

Both teams choose a first player from the 6 Standard format players to take part in the first BO3. Once this duel is over, the winner will indicate who will be the next player from his team in the other format. The opposing team will have 24h to nominate their next player.
    This process is repeated 12 times in all, alternating between Standard and Open format players. In each Bo3, the first round is played as normal. In the second round, the loser from the previous round chooses who goes first and who goes second. For the third game (if there is one), the turns are random again.
    The winning team is the team with the most won duels over all. In case of equality, both teams must designate 5 players who will take turns going against the opposing 5 players in on final Best of 5 duels (one duel per player).

Great! Who will be our champions?

As team mentor, I will handpick 12 players amongst the strongest or most inventive players from the English-speaking community. I will be contacting them shortly and will reveal their names as I receive their confirmation.

And if I don’t take part, how can I follow the competition?

Simple! All the games, every duel, every defeat or victory will be commented in video! I will be posting all the replays on my channel and will keep you updated here as soon as they come out.
    It will all happen here =>https://www.youtube.com/user/Aza404Online
    As for those who want to watch the games in French, you can also [Link on its way].

Thanks for reading, enjoy the show and long live anyone who is not French!

Best,
    Aza "

Dream Team members announced so far:
    Cucu99
    Hectoring
    Uraxor
    Nillicomes
    Mitch.sp
    Zergrusher
    Jkkk89
    Heroesfan123 (aka Poly)

Edit Aza: Thanks Milky for the help =)

Kimundi's Avatar Senior Member
    You beat us during the Serpentfly Cup, I'm not sure the baguettes will let you win once more!

seemed relevant.

Great initiative of course. Can't wait to see our superstars demolish the french!

Milky97's Avatar Team GZ Captain
    Mitch.SP and Zergrusher have been announced as two more players for the dream team.

Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster
    I'm pleased to announce that Jkkk89 will also be joining us in the DreamTeam!

Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster
    Heroesfan123 AKA Poly will be joining the DreamTeam!