"they could have this, they could have that"

All I hear is wahh wahh wahh. Puzzle's solved. Move along.

I appreciate getting the clue, doesn't matter how. Thank you again Dan.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    You are invited to join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch. And Reddit, too. I never said I wasn't going to see other people, dude.

Rocksmith 2014: It's Not a Private Club

Pass...

The issue isn't that you gave the clue to twitter too, it's that you gave them a 6 hour head start rather than waiting a little longer. We've had late DLC clues before but you jumped the gun and bent us (the forum members) over...so to speak.

The goal was not to ruin anyone's fun, but I was not going to let a technical issue over which I had no control or insight (or ETA for that matter) stop the flow of information. I am going to post the puzzle wherever it makes sense to post the puzzle on any given week.

I'd advise you to stop being upset about this, because it's just plain silly. You've expressed your displeasure, and nothing's going to be changed from this point on, but you keep restating that you wish it was different. Well, it's not. Let's move on and start complaining about the DLC itself.
    That may have not been the "goal" but that was the affect. I have every right t complain about this.

I'll say it *again,* you could have gave us more time; the clues have came later in the afternoon before. I can't complain about the actual songs (and/or tunings) until we know what they are and that's always Tuesday.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Pass...

The issue isn't that you gave the clue to twitter too, it's that you gave them a 6 hour head start rather than waiting a little longer. We've had late DLC clues before but you jumped the gun and bent us (the forum members) over...so to speak.
    You seem to think Twitter was given a head start, as if it's a race? Nope. Twitter was given the clue because the forums DID NOT EXIST AT ALL at that time. I didn't know they would be coming back. I also didn't know when I would be back. Alternate path, not preferential treatment. Do you understand?

I have every right t complain about this.
    Okay. But I clearly don't see the point of it, because how you are interpreting the situation does not align with the reality of the situation. You see a delay, I see an outage.

Pass...

You seem to think Twitter was given a head start, as if it's a race? Nope. Twitter was given the clue because the forums DID NOT EXIST AT ALL at that time. I didn't know they would be coming back. I also didn't know when I would be back. Alternate path, not preferential treatment. Do you understand?

I have every right t complain about this.
    Okay. But I clearly don't see the point of it, because how you are interpreting the situation does not align with the reality of the situation. You see a delay, I see an outage.

Pass...

That may have not been the "goal" but that was the affect. I have every right t complain about this.

I'll say it *again,* you could have gave us more time; the clues have came later in the afternoon before. I can't complain about the actual songs (and/or tunings) until we know what they are and that's always Tuesday.

You should check a site called Riff Repeater. They had the clue running today, and they usually have the songs posted Monday night. Its really a great site.

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Unless someone can actually tell me how the clue was solved, because I haven't seen anybody explain the origins of the glyphs.
    I think they just saw that it was a five letter word, and the 3rd and 4th letters were the same. Someone threw out Geddy for Rush, then someone said Creed, which fit the latin translation.

Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    From Reddit:

[–]stevexcNational Support Act 1 point 7 hours ago
    Well if it's some sort of cipher, the pattern is abccd, so I'm trying to think of words that match that. Buddy and Jimmy come to mind. And Geddy.

[–]apaatsio 6 points 7 hours ago
    Creed matches the pattern.

Twitter gets free DLC codes, fb gets the request app and the DLC whiners, all we get is the clue game. They damn sure shouldn't get it 6 hours early....

EDIT:
    Twitch has give aways that we don't get too...
    But we *do* get DLC whiners. (As I look at my reflection in my monitor).

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    I think they just saw that it was a five letter word, and the 3rd and 4th letters were the same. Someone threw out Geddy for Rush, then someone said Creed, which fit the latin translation.
    It's more than a pattern. Where are those characters from?

I'm actually a little surprised that people missed part of the clue this week. There was a hint that would lead you to the key to those characters, and someone noticed it on RiffRepeater but did not get its significance. AFAIK nobody has put those pieces together.

Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    It's more than a pattern. Where are those characters from?

I'm actually a little surprised that people missed part of the clue this week. There was a hint that would lead you to the key to those characters, and someone noticed it on RiffRepeater but did not get its significance. AFAIK nobody has put those pieces together.

You didn't know that they weren't coming back either. I don't knwo why you feel compelled to make excuses for it but you jumped the gun.

You should check your glasses, its not "outrage," it's disappointment.

Originally Posted by Lancelot352012 Go to original post
    You should check a site called Riff Repeater. They had the clue running today, and they usually have the songs posted Monday night. Its really a great site.
    I don't support spammed blogs...and he spams links way too often here. If the blog was worth visiting he wouldn't have to spam it. I'd rather wait for Tuesday.