1. #31
    AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Arakeen, Arrakis
    Posts
    463
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    ...extra copies of Nugent DLC that I bought to piss-off liberals.
    Is this attention seeking comment entirely necessary? Seems like trolling, to me. Maybe you should keep your politics to yourself.

    From the Forum Rules:

    No Trolling
    This includes

    • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums, chatrooms or gamelobbies
    • Causing disturbances in forum threads, chatrooms or gamelobbies, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    • Making posts designed to or likely to get inappropriate responses.


    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) for more information.
    Share this post

  2. #32
    RollingStone222's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    667
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Twitter gets free DLC codes, fb gets the request app and the DLC whiners, all we get is the clue game. They damn sure shouldn't get it 6 hours early....

    EDIT:
    Twitch has give aways that we don't get too...
    They were relocating offices today, so Dan might not have been able to wait for the forums to come back up.
    Share this post

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    They were relocating offices today, so Dan might not have been able to wait for the forums to come back up.
    Excuses excuses...that didn't stop BW9 from posting the clue when it did come back up.
    Share this post

  4. #34
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Ruined this weeks game...not everyone uses the social media stuff...
    10 yard penalty! Unnecessary whining!

    TheRiffRepeater and Reddit also followed the clue path once it was posted, so please don't tell yourself things should only exist in one space because you only want to use one space. If the puzzle wasn't solvable, that might ruin the weekly game. But posting the clue in another area does not ruin a darned thing. It's pushing my buttons that you feel you have somehow been slighted, or that something was ruined or owed to you because I chose an alternate route after a three-day forum impasse.

    BW9 posted because I asked her to do so before I left work on Thursday (Thanks Widow!) and told her I'd be out of the office Friday, but I mentioned I might just post it somewhere else in the morning if the forums were down before I left for my event, so it could get out there.

    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Twitter gets free DLC codes, fb gets the request app and the DLC whiners, all we get is the clue game. They damn sure shouldn't get it 6 hours early....

    EDIT:
    Twitch has give aways that we don't get too...
    You are invited to join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch. And Reddit, too. I never said I wasn't going to see other people, dude.

    Rocksmith 2014: It's Not a Private Club
    Share this post

  5. #35
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Ruined this weeks game...not everyone uses the social media stuff...
    10 yard penalty! Unnecessary whining!

    TheRiffRepeater and Reddit also followed the clue path once it was posted, so please don't tell yourself things should only exist in one space because you only want to use one space. If the puzzle wasn't solvable, that might ruin the weekly game. But posting the clue in another area does not ruin a darned thing. It's pushing my buttons that you feel you have somehow been slighted, or that something was ruined or owed to you because I chose an alternate route after a three-day forum impasse.

    BW9 posted because I asked her to do so before I left work on Thursday (Thanks Widow!) and told her I'd be out of the office Friday, but I mentioned I might just post it somewhere else in the morning if the forums were down before I left for my event, so it could get out there.

    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Twitter gets free DLC codes, fb gets the request app and the DLC whiners, all we get is the clue game. They damn sure shouldn't get it 6 hours early....

    EDIT:
    Twitch has give aways that we don't get too...
    You are invited to join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch. And Reddit, too. I never said I wasn't going to see other people, dude.

    Rocksmith 2014: It's Not a Private Club
    Share this post

  6. #36
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    They were relocating offices today, so Dan might not have been able to wait for the forums to come back up.
    Exactly. Our offices are on the first floor of a two-story building, and we've moving upstairs. They said "get out of the office" so we did -- we went and had a fun day together in Golden Gate Park -- but before I left, I wanted to post the clue somewhere so people could get their weekly fix. I also had no idea of if or when the forums would return, so I did my work things before leaving the house.
    Share this post

  7. #37
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    They were relocating offices today, so Dan might not have been able to wait for the forums to come back up.
    Exactly. Our offices are on the first floor of a two-story building, and we've moving upstairs. They said "get out of the office" so we did -- we went and had a fun day together in Golden Gate Park -- but before I left, I wanted to post the clue somewhere so people could get their weekly fix. I also had no idea of if or when the forums would return, so I did my work things before leaving the house.
    Share this post

  8. #38
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by TheSpyGamer Go to original post
    Can anyone confirm that it's Creed?
    Yes.
    Share this post

  9. #39
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by TheSpyGamer Go to original post
    Can anyone confirm that it's Creed?
    Yes.
    Share this post

  10. #40
    It was solved before we even got it, I think that's fair criticism. You obviously gave BW9 the clue to post for when the forum came back up, you didn't have to give others a 6 hour head start. If you want to give the clue to everyone, fine, but you should do it at the same time.
    Share this post

  11. #41
    Jayrocksd's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    619
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    It was solved before we even got it, I think that's fair criticism. You obviously gave BW9 the clue to post for when the forum came back up, you didn't have to give others a 6 hour head start. If you want to give the clue to everyone, fine, but you should do it at the same time.
    I think the worst possible thing would have been to not have a clue because the forums were down, so I appreciate the alternative method. I Don't think Dan had any control over when the forums were back up.
    Share this post

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by Jayrocksd Go to original post
    I think the worst possible thing would have been to not have a clue because the forums were down, so I appreciate the alternative method. I Don't think Dan had any control over when the forums were back up.
    They could have waited until end of day, at the very least, but they gave the clue to twitter long before we usually get it here. I would have rather they just announced the DLC on fb/twitter than ruining our fun by giving others a 6 hour head start. They could have waited, that's a fact.
    Share this post

  13. #43
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    They could have waited until end of day, at the very least, but they gave the clue to twitter long before we usually get it here. I would have rather they just announced the DLC on fb/twitter than ruining our fun by giving others a 6 hour head start. They could have waited, that's a fact.
    The goal was not to ruin anyone's fun, but I was not going to let a technical issue over which I had no control or insight (or ETA for that matter) stop the flow of information. I am going to post the puzzle wherever it makes sense to post the puzzle on any given week.

    I'd advise you to stop being upset about this, because it's just plain silly. You've expressed your displeasure, and nothing's going to be changed from this point on, but you keep restating that you wish it was different. Well, it's not. Let's move on and start complaining about the DLC itself.

    Unless someone can actually tell me how the clue was solved, because I haven't seen anybody explain the origins of the glyphs.
    Share this post

  14. #44
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    They could have waited until end of day, at the very least, but they gave the clue to twitter long before we usually get it here. I would have rather they just announced the DLC on fb/twitter than ruining our fun by giving others a 6 hour head start. They could have waited, that's a fact.
    The goal was not to ruin anyone's fun, but I was not going to let a technical issue over which I had no control or insight (or ETA for that matter) stop the flow of information. I am going to post the puzzle wherever it makes sense to post the puzzle on any given week.

    I'd advise you to stop being upset about this, because it's just plain silly. You've expressed your displeasure, and nothing's going to be changed from this point on, but you keep restating that you wish it was different. Well, it's not. Let's move on and start complaining about the DLC itself.

    Unless someone can actually tell me how the clue was solved, because I haven't seen anybody explain the origins of the glyphs.
    Share this post