Jungle Outpost
    Spoiler:  Show

Shifting Fates

Sunrise

svilleneuve's Avatar Game Designer - Balancing
    Originally Posted by SilverMajkl Go to original post
    Thank you for your reply, always nice to know what goes through designers minds.
    But still, i do not think it is a valid reason. You got consistent fluff, that is a good thing. But it should not go against the gameplay experience. To put it bluntly, it is easier to picture scenario where desperate human defender uses dark magic, then it is to build strong heaven deck.
    Heaven is the weakest faction. Thats not great, but i suppose someone has to be. But reserving arguably strongest magic for everyone except weakest faction seems somehow strange to me.
    Also, as you build on strong franchise, there is a good chance that your players will be recruited from this fanbase. Fanbase where Heaven is most popular faction since Heroes III and where it often use dark magic in newer titles. Now theese fans came to test this new card game and their favourite faction kind of sux and they cant even use magic they would like.
    I am just saying, not like i care that much, but it seems strange to me, because i see it first hand. Several of my friends, whom i sometimes play Heroes and MTG with, tested it on my recomendation
    and it did not go as well as i expected (and i had high hopes, because DoC is a fine combination of the two).

Not that i am telling you how to do your jobs, just laying my thoughts here.

Also, i am not Heaven fan as you might think. I am Dungeon guy, so Dark Elves WHEN? :-D
    Since Heroes switched to the world of Ashan, each faction has gotten a clear favorite school and a clear ban from a design standpoint and Haven's ban is Dark. If any game is to use Dark in Haven, there needs to be REALLY good reasons for it and a REALLY good story to tie it with. If that rule is ever to be broken, it's gotta be something big. I don't think DoC needs that right now.

I think that Haven's problem is that Dark is too strong and Light is not, and it's not by putting Dark in Haven that you'll fix the problem. Maybe Dark needs to be less effective, then Haven wouldn't feel like it's missing on something and we wouldn't have to sacrifice part of the lore.

Marbran's Avatar Member
    Nemeton, where your dreams may guide you.
    Are you going to reintroduce unique spells, now that we got a lot of unique fortunes ?

i'd love to see some unique spells if they had a little less unconditional power but i guess the aligned uniques were meant to replace the spells

some spellschool aligned normal creatures would be nice though...

I am not too sure where I am supposed to post this, whether it should be a different thread or whatever.. but here's the post anyway, hopefully it will be read.

I really have a problem with Irina because of her schools.

Noboru:

This guy comes with Dark / Light, and a very good, yet very costy finisher ability. Why play Noboru instead of Irina? Well, his ability perhaps... at least there's still a reason to play him if you value the relocation.

Mukao:

Mukao comes with dark and water, and a very small and subtle ability that is not that useful. If Mukao was an inferno hero, he would probably be among the top just because they are the ones with the discard mechanics, and being able to know what the other player has in hand for 2 at will would be freaking insane. Why play Mukao if Irina comes into the game with her current 3 schools? None whatsoever - simply none.

Irina:

Her magic schools simply makes Mukao obsolete and diminish the strength and originality of Noboru. In Noboru's case, that is semi-fine, as his ability can still be of use as a finisher and therefore can justify his use. I strongly believe that dark or water should be removed from Irina simply to justify Mukao's presence in the game. Because of how Mukao has a very small ability, his magic school combo of dark and water should forever remain exclusive to him and him only (in sanctuary).

I suggest Irina's dark or water be replaced by another school of magic - prime would be a good idea, simply because that school is currently inexistant in standard for sanctuary (fire is a no-go, earth would make Shalan fairly obsolete, and air would be mostly boring)

zenithale's Avatar Senior Member
    +1 with Mushidoz.
    Irina should have Light+Water+Prime.

Even if the shogun has a good artwork, the cost and the ability are not interesting, or do i miss something?

Originally Posted by bogi122 Go to original post

Crippling is becoming viable strategy with this card.

As of Irina and other sanctuary heroes, I would rather buff Mukao and Noburu a bit, than changing her magic school. Sanctuary is all about balance, and Irina reflects this philosophy pretty well as new base hero.

i had rather to play the previous version of the executionner Succubus, who introduced a new mechanic and i was interested to see how it would be play, the new version is an alternate-Banshee less interessant. The Banshee is a good card fo necro since it can bring back again, but inferno can't bring back there creatures, thus a alternate-Banshee isn't good for inferno, the previous version was also interested because it was for crea/fortune deck. maybe increase it cost to 6 is necessary but don't give up on the ability.