Why in the near future there wont be a new faction, Reasons

If a faction gets a weak card, the forums start flooding with anger and resentment and i personally feel it is impossible to balance all factions and still bring new mechanics and variety for the game to be fun so i never complain about a faction being not balanced. But i suggest for nerfs and buffs for certain cards trying to reach balance which is an ideal situation but cannot be perfectly achieved by such a complex mechanics of DoC. Because a new faction will make the forum more full of protests and balance related comments, and a new faction would new mechanics and ideas, as people will complain if the ability is lore wise correct and why 2 factions share the same ability (lore is very important to me) and having a lot of expansions ahead there will be similar features and balance issues. The only entry point of a new faction is possible if people stop complaining always, Doc gets a bigger team or ask us for intresting abilities and artwork and selected winners will be awarded gold, seals, wildcard, boxes (fyi, they are all virtual so ubi wont have to spend extra bucks on a new team member because the work will be partly done by the community), addition of base set 3 and increasing size of each expansion to 110 or something

Bazaltovy's Avatar Swiss Hunter
    Reasons behind not including a new faction were presented long time ago by Simon V., and while lore wasn't mentioned that much, the matter of balance and cards' increasment were pointed out. Besides, just for the faction's start, it would need to have the same amount of cards as any other faction (for Open format specifically). So... For a new faction to be introduced, DoC team would need an entire expansion. That's pretty insane to do.

Anyway, the current state of the game is pretty cool in my opinion. Sure, having Dungeon or Sylvan or whatnot would be amazing, but willpower is definitely not enough to make this happen. And all odds are - so far - against.

ulpsz's Avatar Senior Member
    because thay are incompetent at ballanceing and uninspired at desighning...like they have shown so far...and lazy also...

instead of creating new factions they cram traits more suiting to factions that are not yet in ..in existing factions...

eg>sandor woth his magic schools would make a perfect dungeon hero...

za rdoc with earth light also...

mill is more suited to dungeon than academy...

if they had a new faction with each expansion or at least woth each 2 exp we would have had all factions by now

Right now each faction has 91 cards, they would have to make expansion with only new faction cards, and almost half of them ban in standard mode. And as we all know they don't care about open, so that won't happen.

banduan's Avatar Senior Member
    when do you stop? How many factions is enough?

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    8 or 9 factions.

Originally Posted by malkorion Go to original post
    8 or 9 factions.
    this game started out with just 4 factions and the eventually added academy and sanctuary ... i guess they could eventually add one or two more.
    Sylvan and Dungeon are pretty popular .....a fortress faction would be awsome too, with basilisks (with some cool petrification abilities), gorgons, lizard warriors..etc...
    when they added academy they came out with a set that was pretty much 50% plus just academy cards, only academy heroes and so son... i could keep going but this game can definetely fit more factions if they feel like it

I just gave this answer in a different thread as well: I don't think a new faction is on anyone's mind of our teams right now just because of all the problems it would bring with it. We'd rather focus on improving the current game and fixing as many problems as possible before forcing new ones upon ourselves. The sheer work and balancing nightmare it would bring are frankly daunting.

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft Go to original post
    I just gave this answer in a different thread as well: I don't think a new faction is on anyone's mind of our teams right now just because of all the problems it would bring with it. We'd rather focus on improving the current game and fixing as many problems as possible before forcing new ones upon ourselves. The sheer work and balancing nightmare it would bring are frankly daunting.
    That is true.

zenithale's Avatar Senior Member
    A BS3 could be a perfect time to add a new Faction.