toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Stranglehold is a blast on guitar, can't imagine why any guitarist wouldn't want to grab it

fatherrock's Avatar Senior Member
    WOW time to re-highjack the thread back to music.

thinking...

YEA

Who wants to see an all anime theme song pack ? :-D

YEA !!!!

(mandatory video link)

Lets talk about this instead :-)

Femacejo's Avatar Member
    Wow . . . . Nugent's Stranglehold will be available tomorrow? Are you kidding me?!??!

What fantastic news!

Thanks Rocksmith . . . another excellent pack. Cant wait !!!

I have been watching with anticipation just about every Monday/Tuesday with the exception of a handful. With the exception of Bachsmith, It has been a while since I have seen anything exceptional (for my subjective tastes). In fact, absent an occasional (seemingly accidental) release over the past few MONTHS, it's rather disappointing as a whole.

GRANTED, my opinion is my opinion, and it is a hollow echo of some chorus of people that post every week, no matter what the outcome... I get that. I also get that unless I am pulling the requests, (or you or him) nobody is going to be completely satisfied. It is very subjective and sometimes a little "breakout/fringe" submission is a breath of fresh air to one person and a shuddering disappointment to another. I respect the devs putting in the effort to continue to put forth content and SO LONG AS THIS CONTINUES, I will make the effort keep my subjective, arguably irrelevant/non-constructive opinion to myself.

So, why speak now? In general, I find certain complaints fruitless. Perhaps some need to be voiced (I would steadfastly the Maroon5 fiasco would be one of them). On the whole however, the chorus of Aw Geez not this.... again is often balanced by THANK YOU for going out on a limb for one of my favorites RS Devs! I think the reason why I am speaking out is because we are approaching the 1 year mark of content and it merits a review. When RS14 came out, it did with a bang. Every week was exciting. When they offered something I liked, I LIKED if not LOVED it. When they offered something I didn't care for, I readily accepted the merits of the choice considering the influence and appropriateness. However, I feel that once the handful of big bands (that were probably pre-licensed in '13) dried up, we got some real second and third tier "meh" to wade through... often.

To wit, the last 6 months of RS14 compare very differently from the first 6 and I find it greatly disappointing on the whole. It worries me some as the platform ages as it would occur to me that lesser known and potentially less-exiting choices would be more likely than a sudden avalanche of greats. I would love to be wrong and again, to the extent the Devs keep trying, I will do what I can to give credit where it is due.

Now to that end... this week's DLC isn't knocking my socks off, but it IS absolutely fitting and in place for what RS is. I WILL be supporting it partially if not fully. Sublime wasn't my cup of tea and I probably won't but I recognize it's a choice that many would approve of and I get it. Bachsmith, as I said... First "WOW" DLC in months. Point being, I am pleasantly surprised with the past few weeks of releases on the whole and I appreciate some movement out of what seems to be a desert of 90s-00s inspired "not my cup of tea" releases that (true or my perception) seemed to be dominating the DLC as of late. Looking forward to an upswing in this trend. I would love to LOVE DLC again, but I will at least settle for liking to support DLC that I find easier to spend $ on.

MY $4.50 on the subject. Feel free to dismiss, discard, or deny as you see fit.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    I will be skipping. Deep Purple is good, but I would prefer a pack of just their songs.
    For the record, choosing not to buy a Deep Purple single will not encourage the release of a Deep Purple pack. The sales or non-sales of singles can directly influence the creation of similar or additional content.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by thequickmind Go to original post
    I will be skipping. Deep Purple is good, but I would prefer a pack of just their songs.
    For the record, choosing not to buy a Deep Purple single will not encourage the release of a Deep Purple pack. The sales or non-sales of singles can directly influence the creation of similar or additional content.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    In that case I'll buy Deep Purple TWICE hehe

That's good to know Dan coz Deep Purple definitely warrant more DLC in the future, imho.

NOT that I am requesting here

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    As an observer of music games since 2005 I find the fact we don't have a Lynyrd Skynyrd or Deep Purple pack kind of strange.

I'm always in for some classic rock.

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Just Highway Star for me this week.

P308R's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    In that case I'll buy Deep Purple TWICE hehe

That's good to know Dan coz Deep Purple definitely warrant more DLC in the future, imho.

NOT that I am requesting here
    There is nothing wrong with requesting more Deep Purple I heard something(probably somewhere in my head in the Deepest of Purple) that when you beat Highway Star's Score Attack on medium it will unlock Child in Time as well

Just a must buy for me!