Originally Posted by SeattleSauve Go to original post
    highway star, simple man, stranglehold confirmed.

Edit: By aforementioned twitch stream. Great pack.
    Great songs. Great pack.

Not a huge fan of any of the bands, but might be 2 or 3 songs from each artist I still hope for in future releases.

Keep bringing the classics!

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member

Thanks Suave!

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    I agree that what he said on stage wasn't racist, just hateful of the opposite position. I think the sexual innuendo in his comments is misogynistic... especially the ones about "riding this" aimed at females. But, again, he has a right to say those things...

I agree that criticizing or insulting Obama doesn't make him racist. The comments he made about Obama being a "subhuman mongrel" MIGHT (again, might... I can't say for sure) have racial overtones BUT, he still had a right to say it.

I agree that being against gay marriage doesn't make one automatically homophobic. It certainly doesn't make them come across as tolerant but they don't have to be, aaaagain, they have that right.
    It's no more mysogynistic to call a specific female a b-word than to call a specific male a bast-word, had he said all woman are (insert slur here) I might agree.

If obama was white and he used the same slur it would be no different. Liberals need to infer racism where none exists.

What about the gays that were against gay marriage? Being against specific policy isn't the same as being against them as human beings. It's just another case of "the boy who cried wolf" and the race/sexist/homophobe card is getting old, imho.

YMMV...

Stang616's Avatar Member

Simple Man is the only must have for me right now. I may get the others later, but I would have preferred Cat Scratch Fever.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member

Agree with GreenBrick2

I'm with Greenbrick2. Everyone has wildly varying tastes, but definitely drum up more players in Japan, and then bring some more jrock to the US. That's the main reason I bought this game in the first place.

As far as this pack is concerned, I like seeing more variety, but I will be skipping. I was never a Skynard fan, nor a Nugent fan. Deep Purple is good, but I would prefer a pack of just their songs.

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    YMMV...
    once again, you're looking for a fight that isn't there. i've thrown in my 2 cents. defended everyone's right to have their own opinion (even if it doesn't coincide with what I personally [there's that word again] think). i'm not trying to convert you dude... chill the **** out.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it...

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    once again, you're looking for a fight that isn't there. i've thrown in my 2 cents. defended everyone's right to have their own opinion (even if it doesn't coincide with what I personally [there's that word again] think). i'm not trying to convert you dude... chill the **** out.
    I'm not "fighting" with you, I'm pointing out the fallacy of your argument. I'm not the one bent out of shape as "YMMV" would indicate.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by jgrantham7 Go to original post
    Thanks Suave!
    I figured not everyone is watching the stream. I'm happy with these songs, there are always a few pet songs I could ask for, but there's a lot of fun guitar in this pack.

having watched the twitch stream of all 3 songs tonight, it's clear that Simple Man will be the only one I might eventually be able to play. Stranglehold in particular looks incredibly difficult on guitar.