Stang616's Avatar Member
    Here is how I picture the scene.

Nugent has a "Stranglehold" on his guitar/rifle while telling Skynryd to "Gimme Back My Bullets" and Deep Purple sits in the corner telling them both to "Hush".

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by bcolwell2012 Go to original post
    This will be the 3rd Lynyrd Skynyrd song: 1 from original RS, 1 original RS DLC, and now a 2014 RS DLC. Any chance this can get combined into a pack?
    Sorry, no -- each of these songs was licensed for its specific purpose, so we can't change something's designation/license from on-disc to downloadable without relicensing the whole song. Your best bet is to use the import pack, which is how we solved that problem.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by bcolwell2012 Go to original post
    This will be the 3rd Lynyrd Skynyrd song: 1 from original RS, 1 original RS DLC, and now a 2014 RS DLC. Any chance this can get combined into a pack?
    Sorry, no -- each of these songs was licensed for its specific purpose, so we can't change something's designation/license from on-disc to downloadable without relicensing the whole song. Your best bet is to use the import pack, which is how we solved that problem.

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't care what anyone else thinks.

These 3 bands ROCK!!!!

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm pretty confident there will be some great guitar in this pack. I think we'll know the choices in just over an hour as Elisa will be streaming them.
    https://twitter.com/ElisaRockDoc/sta...02061624254464

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    these are just direct quotes from the thread, in order of appearance:

Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    If one cannot distinguish between political disagreement and standing in front of a crowd of people with an assault rifle and expressing a desire to stick the barrel up/inside a woman with whom they disagree....or referring to African-Americans as "subhuman mongrels"...then feel free to stand with the rest of the pigs.
    Originally Posted by Oldmanjoe505 Go to original post
    If this were true, I would applaud you, but I doubt there is sincerity there.
    Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post

...and I quote "I was in Chicago last week. I was in Chicago and said, "Hey, Obama you might want to suck on one of these you punk." Obama, he's a piece of ****, and I told him to suck on my machine gun. Let's hear it for him. And then I was in New York. I said, "Hey, Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless *****. Since I'm in California, how about [Senator] Barbara Boxer [D-CA], she might want to suck on my machine gun. And [Senator] Diane Feinstein [D-CA], ride one of these you worthless *****. Any questions? Freedom!"

also, in regards to the "subhuman mongrel" comment. I don't KNOW if that was necessarily racist (because I didn't hear him say it or the context... all I'm finding is articles ABOUT the situation) personally, it READS racist but I don't know if he actually meant it that way. I have a feeling he did but, I can't say for sure.
    I've never condoned what Ted said, I'm not a big fan, but that's not what I said, and you shouldn't connect me to his rants unless I specifically support them. (Typical Liberal strategy BTW)
    I was only posting the video to show that the things rabbitts said was true. I only quoted you because you questioned Ted saying those things on stage while wielding assault rifles (plural). I never once connected you personally to his rant, his views, or alleged racism/homophobia. I further went on to comment on the "subhuman mongrels" quote (which once again I mentioned with a link only to show you that the 'Nuge did say this) and even then, said that I don't know whether or not the statement was racist.

You are assuming that because my view differs from yours that I was attacking you. You even accuse me of using a "typical liberal strategy" as if I have some political agenda I was pushing. I said that the things he said with an assault rifle on stage were hateful. Calling anybody a piece of **** is hateful. That is not debatable. You seem very paranoid.

Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Because he was being bombastic and inflammatory not literal. Like when people say "kiss my rear" they don't mean it literally. Nothing he said was racist or misogynistic, he was referring to their desire to ignore the Constitution and infringe on our 2nd amendment rights. Sure, you're right, he was being mean and disrespectful but that's not limited to him nor the right.
    I brought up the racist/homophobic thing just as something synonymous with his character. I wasn't trying to imply that his tirade on stage was either of those things. It was just hateful of people that disagree with him... that's all. AGAIN, it was only there to show that it happened... not to insinuate anything more than what HE said. Also, in my final paragraph on the post (quoted below), you'll see that I say I support his right to say those things, even if they are politically incorrect [as in un'PC, not that having this view is necessarily wrong. I felt I needed to explain that or someone would quote just "politically incorrect" and accuse me of saying that that means their opinions are wrong]. I agree that it IS his right.

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    Once again, I don't care about Nugent's music OR politics. I agree he has never backed down and stands up for what he believes in, just like everyone should. But to say that hate is a tool of the left is ignorant. Especially when you SEE that video... how is 1 thing he said in that video NOT hateful? and it's from a prominent right wing public figure talking about liberally aligned politicians. I think Nugent has a right (and obviously the ability) to say whatever he pleases (even if it is racist, homophobic, whatever). But you have to admit that the things he says certainly aren't nice or respectful ways to convey your opinion.
    What I said was liberals are Hippocrates, and I can give you pages of examples.
    You know there are thousands of examples of lefties doing the same kind of things so as oldmanjoe points out "it's because they are hypocritical. They tell you they are tolerant, but they willingly suppress others who don't believe the same things they do." Liberals whine when it's a conservative doing what they do everyday.
    I never asked for any examples. I said that if you think the left use hate as a tool, that is ignorant. It's ignorant because HUMANS use hate as a tool, not just the left. Everyone is hypocritical. I never said being more liberal was better or more correct... you two are looking for an argument that I'm NOT trying to bring. I'm responding to talking points with sources and then said that I PERSONALLY (emphasis on personally) don't agree with. Never once talked negatively about your view points or rights to express them.

This one is close:

LOL. Thanks M_C. I laughed so hard when I saw that.

So..... do we know what songs yet? haha

I just pointed out what he said was neither racist nor misogynistic as somebody claimed and being against gay marriage doesn't make him homophobic either. It's a canard that liberals try to employ. Criticizing/insulting obama doesn't make one a racist. Criticizing/insulting fienstien/boxer doesn't make one a sexist and being against gay marriage doesn't make one a homophobe. The left often try these lies in order to attempt to stifle debate.

Originally Posted by Peter Brimelow
    The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    There are millions of people who play Rocksmith. It cannot only be your tastes that are represented.
    Run some wacky ads on Japanese TV so that can be millions just in Japan so we can get more DLC from there!

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    highway star, simple man, stranglehold confirmed.

Edit: By aforementioned twitch stream. Great pack.

I just pointed out what he said was neither racist nor misogynistic as somebody claimed and being against gay marriage doesn't make him homophobic either. It's a canard that liberals try to employ. Criticizing/insulting obama doesn't make one a racist. Criticizing/insulting fienstien/boxer doesn't make one a sexist and being against gay marriage doesn't make one a homophobe.
    I agree that what he said on stage wasn't racist, just hateful of the opposite position. I think the sexual innuendo in his comments is misogynistic... especially the ones about "riding this" aimed at females. But, again, he has a right to say those things...

I agree that criticizing or insulting Obama doesn't make him racist. The comments he made about Obama being a "subhuman mongrel" MIGHT (again, might... I can't say for sure) have racial overtones BUT, he still had a right to say it.

I agree that being against gay marriage doesn't make one automatically homophobic. It certainly doesn't make them come across as tolerant but they don't have to be, aaaagain, they have that right.

Originally Posted by SeattleSauve Go to original post
    highway star, simple man, stranglehold confirmed.

Edit: By aforementioned twitch stream. Great pack.
    Thanks Seattle... looking forward to Highway Star! I hope there's an alternate lead that has the organ solo charted.

Simple Man I'm pretty indifferent about. Stranglehold will be fun on guitar but I have a feeling I'm going to hate it on bass (just like I did on drums on Guitar Hero... too long and repetitive).