🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Originally Posted by Oldmanjoe505 Go to original post
    What happened to the ignore button?
    I don't remember having to do so before, but what I just did was to click on the member, go to their profile, then add to ignore. Seems kludgy to me.

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't ignore anyone.
    The self-righteous amuse me.

Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    If one cannot distinguish between political disagreement and standing in front of a crowd of people with an assault rifle and expressing a desire to stick the barrel up/inside a woman with whom they disagree....or referring to African-Americans as "subhuman mongrels"...then feel free to stand with the rest of the pigs.

Moreover, this is not an issue of left/right or 1st/2nd Amendment -- it is the promulgation of HATE, hate that undermines the dignity of all human beings regardless of race, creed, gender, political affiliation, etc. AND while I clearly will refuse to purchase this DLC, it does not excuse or even lessen the greater problem of Ubisoft's financially supporting this HATE through their contractual agreements with and purchasing of licensing rights from this so-called "artist."

If this were true, I would applaud you, but I doubt there is sincerity there.
    Hate is a tool of the left. You have proven through your posts you are very firmly entrenched in the left, so I'm pretty certain you use hate as a tool as well.

Originally Posted by Oldmanjoe505 Go to original post
    Liberals are not tolerant of other peoples views. The real problem is they will let you know and be high and mighty about it.
    I completely understand why someone would choose not to buy. But it takes a special type of person to tell everyone they won't be buying, while implying they have taken the high road. (which implies those who don't agree are wrong)
    I am tired of all of the labeling together of "conservative", "left", "right", & "liberal".

I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal but I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter
    if I agree with it or not.

I 100% don't agree with one thing T.N. has to say but I choose to just ignore him. I like his guitar stylings and I will be most likely
    buying his song as long as it is a song I like and have interest in learning.

Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Why are liberals so hated?
    If you want a serious answer, it's because they are hypocritical. They tell you they are tolerant, but they willingly suppress others who don't believe the same things they do.

If you noticed, this political "argument" was started by someone with a liberal view bringing politics into this discussion to slam Ted. They probably don't even really know Ted, just heard baout them from their Liberal news feed. (Just as partisan as any conservative news feed.)

Originally Posted by stoneloco Go to original post
    I am tired of all of the labeling together of "conservative", "left", "right", & "liberal".

I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal but I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter
    if I agree with it or not.

I 100% don't agree with one thing T.N. has to say but I choose to just ignore him. I like his guitar stylings and I will be most likely
    buying his song as long as it is a song I like and have interest in learning.
    Yep I agree 100% here.
    Love the Nuge's music since I was a kid and saw him live many times back in the day.
    Hate the guy now but will buy the DLC as I love the music.

Signed-
    An NRA, gun carrying, Liberal Democrat who plays guitar.

cklinejr's Avatar Member
    Forum about playing guitar.

Everything else should be left at the sign in door.

-Charles

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    3 Singles?
    Three singles, no bundle this week.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    3 Singles?
    Three singles, no bundle this week.

So now that I've had time to catch up, let me address a few points.

Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.
    Offering a Ted Nugent song as DLC has nothing to do with Ubisoft supporting the man's political views. We considered the music, not the musician.

Your reaction contains a lot of false assumptions and a few logical fallacies. You clearly would not what your personal views to be confused with his personal views -- but if we offer you that respect, please do the same when it comes to Ubisoft's views.

Originally Posted by MoldyRhyme94061 Go to original post
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion, including Ted Nugent. Obviously Ubisoft doesn't align with the political opinions of the artists' dlc they put out or they would be all over the place.
    Pretty much this.

Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    Purchase a song because you like it or don't. Agree with the politics or don't. Just don't think that you're going to change minds in this forum.
    Well said. Not one person here has said "I must change how you feel or think." If you still feel you want to debate this topic, consider your endgame -- if your win state is to change someone's political position, you will likely not achieve that goal here.

When I saw Ted Nugent on the calendar, I was wondering if a discussion like this would evolve, and while I don't think we've accomplished much with it, I do want to thank everybody for keeping the disagreements civil. No personal attacks -- much appreciated.

TL;DR: We're not playing politics. We're playing guitar.

So now that I've had time to catch up, let me address a few points.

Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.
    Offering a Ted Nugent song as DLC has nothing to do with Ubisoft supporting the man's political views. We considered the music, not the musician.

Your reaction contains a lot of false assumptions and a few logical fallacies. You clearly would not what your personal views to be confused with his personal views -- but if we offer you that respect, please do the same when it comes to Ubisoft's views.

Originally Posted by MoldyRhyme94061 Go to original post
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion, including Ted Nugent. Obviously Ubisoft doesn't align with the political opinions of the artists' dlc they put out or they would be all over the place.
    Pretty much this.

Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    Purchase a song because you like it or don't. Agree with the politics or don't. Just don't think that you're going to change minds in this forum.
    Well said. Not one person here has said "I must change how you feel or think." If you still feel you want to debate this topic, consider your endgame -- if your win state is to change someone's political position, you will likely not achieve that goal here.

When I saw Ted Nugent on the calendar, I was wondering if a discussion like this would evolve, and while I don't think we've accomplished much with it, I do want to thank everybody for keeping the disagreements civil. No personal attacks -- much appreciated.

TL;DR: We're not playing politics. We're playing guitar.

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    as usual ubi treat the 70s with contempt!

another mixed bag,as if Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd don't warrant 5 songs each but all the punks do.

The last 70s pack was woeful,bill withers, sheesh. half the song is him saying 'i know i know i know" and funk#49 with a third of the song a drum solo.

Just say it, you don't givre a toss about us older players you just want to cater to the punks.

You can't find FIVE 70s songs for us?
    Speaking of logical fallacies, I think this fits under false cause. You're assuming contempt and preferential treatment, compounded by personal taste. We put out 5 songs by pop-punk band, but only 3 songs from 70s classic rock artists, so we must hate 70s music? No. You're simply incorrect in this case.

This is not the first time I've seen you react this way to DLC release, Bazz, so I want to remind you that the acquisition of new DLC is not an exact science. You believe that there should be parity between releases -- "if they get five songs, we should get five songs" may simplify it to the point of immaturity, but it really sounds like this is your position based on what you've written above. But remember -- content you don't buy, other people do. There are millions of people who play Rocksmith. It cannot only be your tastes that are represented.

Also, we are not approaching DLC the way you seem to think we are (or should be). You're assuming a lot of critical assessment or emotional judgment that isn't part of our process. You are creating yardsticks that we are not using, then judging us harshly by them. Heck, I think you are assuming a master plan that isn't even there.

Since it began, DLC has been a mixed, unbalanced collection; I don't think there's ever been a suggestion or expectation that it would be more structured, with a proper rotation or a minimum/maximum number of tracks by style or decade. You will see streaks, you will see peaks and valleys, you will see us try and sometimes fail to provide a variety of content. So if you have not done it yet, please now accept that you are not going to see parity between different genres, eras, or styles in DLC -- we're going to give you what we can give you when we can give it to you. The DLC will not be meted out in equal measure.

What makes your reaction even more upsetting to me is that we have described our clearance process in a fair amount of detail. We've explained that not all artists are eager to give us what we ask for, and that sometimes the requests take a long time. Your post feels like an overreaction, where you've added a lot of ingredients to justify (or maybe even boost) your rage -- but there are better ways to say "I'm disappointed there isn't more of this, because I like this stuff." You know one of those ways, but as Mick 'n Keef said, you can't always get what you want. It does not stop us from offering what we can when we can. Five songs would be nice; three songs is what we've got. We're going to put those out even though three is less than five.

So don't misunderstand, I get your message -- you want to see more classic rock, more often. I just wish you'd expressed your opinion a bit more rationally, with less assumptions about motive or judgment.

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    as usual ubi treat the 70s with contempt!

another mixed bag,as if Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd don't warrant 5 songs each but all the punks do.

The last 70s pack was woeful,bill withers, sheesh. half the song is him saying 'i know i know i know" and funk#49 with a third of the song a drum solo.

Just say it, you don't givre a toss about us older players you just want to cater to the punks.

You can't find FIVE 70s songs for us?
    Speaking of logical fallacies, I think this fits under false cause. You're assuming contempt and preferential treatment, compounded by personal taste. We put out 5 songs by pop-punk band, but only 3 songs from 70s classic rock artists, so we must hate 70s music? No. You're simply incorrect in this case.

This is not the first time I've seen you react this way to DLC release, Bazz, so I want to remind you that the acquisition of new DLC is not an exact science. You believe that there should be parity between releases -- "if they get five songs, we should get five songs" may simplify it to the point of immaturity, but it really sounds like this is your position based on what you've written above. But remember -- content you don't buy, other people do. There are millions of people who play Rocksmith. It cannot only be your tastes that are represented.

Also, we are not approaching DLC the way you seem to think we are (or should be). You're assuming a lot of critical assessment or emotional judgment that isn't part of our process. You are creating yardsticks that we are not using, then judging us harshly by them. Heck, I think you are assuming a master plan that isn't even there.

Since it began, DLC has been a mixed, unbalanced collection; I don't think there's ever been a suggestion or expectation that it would be more structured, with a proper rotation or a minimum/maximum number of tracks by style or decade. You will see streaks, you will see peaks and valleys, you will see us try and sometimes fail to provide a variety of content. So if you have not done it yet, please now accept that you are not going to see parity between different genres, eras, or styles in DLC -- we're going to give you what we can give you when we can give it to you. The DLC will not be meted out in equal measure.

What makes your reaction even more upsetting to me is that we have described our clearance process in a fair amount of detail. We've explained that not all artists are eager to give us what we ask for, and that sometimes the requests take a long time. Your post feels like an overreaction, where you've added a lot of ingredients to justify (or maybe even boost) your rage -- but there are better ways to say "I'm disappointed there isn't more of this, because I like this stuff." You know one of those ways, but as Mick 'n Keef said, you can't always get what you want. It does not stop us from offering what we can when we can. Five songs would be nice; three songs is what we've got. We're going to put those out even though three is less than five.

So don't misunderstand, I get your message -- you want to see more classic rock, more often. I just wish you'd expressed your opinion a bit more rationally, with less assumptions about motive or judgment.