ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    I just thought of something, all three artists have a member that is/was involved in conservative politics. I feel like this pack is going to be called the Republican Rock Pack.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    What a huge debate about politics. I remember the Dixie Chicks and their political rants against President G W Bush. Seems that people are OK with musicians standing up for politicians that they love and causes with which they agree, but they are quick to dismiss and completely bash those that they don't. I remember a time like that - The 60's. White people dominated and suppression was everywhere. Just because the hatred and bigotry is pointed in the other direction makes it ok now? When will the rubber band stop being stretched?

I was in the military and willing to die for the rights we have, not the least of which is expression. I could care less if I came home to banners of love and welcome or the signs people had on their lawns stating "Sailors and dogs keep off the grass." Yes, those were real.

But you don't care about my politics, do you? Of course not, and you shouldn't. You should care about your belief system. This is music. Nugent's songs were plain and simple filled with s-e-x-ual innuendo from beginning to end. Whether it's Cat Scratch Fever or Stranglehold, he wasn't running around flailing his political beliefs in your face. I went to his concerts in the 70's and the only thing that struck me after seeing a man arrive on stage at the end of a jungle vine while he wore nothing but a loin cloth was his incredible guitar playing. He had already had a career as the bassist and guitarist for great African American musicians. His music is an homage to their incredible talents, and he makes no bones in saying so. He didn't hide his affinity for young women, but he also didn't hide his disgust for drugs and their place in the R&R scene at the time. His life (like it or no) is an open book and his words come from his heart, not because he's afraid of losing sponsors or listenership. You may not like him, but he has never wavered in his beliefs.

Don't know as we can say the same for the country/western community of musicians.

All that said, if this was 1979 and you didn't buy Elton John or Queen because they were gay, the majority of people would be behind you. Society wouldn't change if people weren't willing to listen and make those changes.

I remember going to a management class and the woman in front of the room went on and on about embracing and supporting the thoughts of others while bashing the beliefs of those who didn't agree. I finally told her that she was just as bad or worse than the folks she was berating. To convince people to be harmonious is not to shove it down their throats or threaten - it is to understand their thinking and help guide. Otherwise, it's the same tactic as the suppression that we faced in the 60's in America's South, only the new face of oppression as a nicer coat of makeup.

Purchase a song because you like it or don't. Agree with the politics or don't. Just don't think that you're going to change minds in this forum.

I didn't scour through the pages of interplay, so I hope that tomorrow, Toy posts the songs as normal.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Exactly. Who cares what these guys do or don't do in their spare time, if the music's good I'll buy it

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I hear Gary Glitter's confident about the sales of his forthcoming new album ...

KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by danielf567 Go to original post
    I hear Gary Glitter's confident about the sales of his forthcoming new album ...

And as for that Pol Potts guy...

tjdrico's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by danielf567 Go to original post
    I always liked Gary Glitter tunes.

Rolf Harris, too.

I'd still listen to their stuff. Would buy DLC of it too.

Was never into Lostprophets though.

Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.
    What happened to the ignore button?

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    I see many saying they'll not buy the Nugent track .... but, someone correct me if I'm wrong, won't it most likely only be sold as a pack, and not as individual songs?

I personally don't get how the views and politics of an artist is making some choose to not want to play their songs. I think Bruce Springsteen is a complete asshat ****** for his politics ... and how vocal he is with it ... but there's absolutely many a song I'd buy if they hit RS.

Think it's a mistake to allow politics to be more important in your life than music.Just my opinion tho!
    Liberals are not tolerant of other peoples views. The real problem is they will let you know and be high and mighty about it.
    I completely understand why someone would choose not to buy. But it takes a special type of person to tell everyone they won't be buying, while implying they have taken the high road. (which implies those who don't agree are wrong)

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Oldmanjoe505 Go to original post
    Liberals are not tolerant of other peoples views. The real problem is they will let you know and be high and mighty about it.
    I completely understand why someone would choose not to buy. But it takes a special type of person to tell everyone they won't be buying, while implying they have taken the high road. (which implies those who don't agree are wrong)
    Why are liberals so hated?

Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    I feel several ignores coming on...