Jack Edison's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    I would boycott Dixie Chicks DLC because I don't like their music. Not because of their political views. I thought the hate at the time was overblown. The whole 'my team is better than your team' volatility of modern politics creates a lot of haters and blind followers.
    ^This may be the most rational comment in this thread.

It has caused me to further examine my philosophical position; I actually agreed with the Dixie Chicks' comments about the Iraq invasion, but don't like their music, yet I wouldn't buy their DLC. AND I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent's music, but I agree with him on the 2nd Amendment, so I will buy his DLC.

So the question I have been asking myself is; why would I buy Ted Nugent DLC, but not the Dixie Chicks? Is it that I am more passionate about the 2nd Amendment than anti-interventionism? Or is it that I can tolerate (what I consider) bad hard rock music more than (what I consider) bad country music?

DBD.shika's Avatar Senior Member
    Guys, I’m sorry I started a debate about that, I feel I should explain myself a bit more.

Everyone is entitled to its own opinion, I wouldn’t ditch an artist because he’s not on the same political side as I am. But it’s not when they are vocal about it. Because these people have a lot of public exposure, people listen to what they say a lot more than if they were unknown. When they promote hate it can lead to disasters. Here in France, a guy like Dieudonné will have to face justice for what he said about James Foley getting beheaded, calling it “progress”. The only suitable place for a guy like this is jail.

Criticism against governments is not a concern for me, for instance John Lennon may have been irreverent, but he was first and foremost a guy that promoted peace, so yeah, putting Ted Nugent and John Lennon in the same bag is weird by my standards. It’s not about political sides, it goes beyond that, it’s about values like good and evil, violence and peace.

Now, I just said I won’t get this DLC because of that, but I would like to avoid people fighting over it. It’s useless. You won’t convince people to get this DLC if they don’t want to get it because of that, and you won’t discourage people to get it if they just care about the music, and not one guy’s background. You won’t convince me to get this DLC, don’t even try, but if you plan to get this DLC, just say you’re excited about it, just respect my opinion, do not talk about it.

Again, sorry for opening pandora’s box, I should have known that it would have started an argument.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    as usual ubi treat the 70s with contempt!

another mixed bag,as if Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd don't warrant 5 songs each but all the punks do.

The last 70s pack was woeful,bill withers, sheesh. half the song is him saying 'i know i know i know" and funk#49 with a third of the song a drum solo.

Just say it, you don't givre a toss about us older players you just want to cater to the punks.

You can't find FIVE 70s songs for us?
    is Bazztard "Breaking Bad"...?

welcome to the Darkside

its painfully obvious that each of these artists desrve their own 5 packs

Originally Posted by sh1kamaru- Go to original post
    Guys, I’m sorry I started a debate about that, I feel I should explain myself a bit more.

Everyone is entitled to its own opinion, I wouldn’t ditch an artist because he’s not on the same political side as I am. But it’s not when they are vocal about it. Because these people have a lot of public exposure, people listen to what they say a lot more than if they were unknown. When they promote hate it can lead to disasters. Here in France, a guy like Dieudonné will have to face justice for what he said about James Foley getting beheaded, calling it “progress”. The only suitable place for a guy like this is jail.

Criticism against governments is not a concern for me, for instance John Lennon may have been irreverent, but he was first and foremost a guy that promoted peace, so yeah, putting Ted Nugent and John Lennon in the same bag is weird by my standards. It’s not about political sides, it goes beyond that, it’s about values like good and evil, violence and peace.

Now, I just said I won’t get this DLC because of that, but I would like to avoid people fighting over it. It’s useless. You won’t convince people to get this DLC if they don’t want to get it because of that, and you won’t discourage people to get it if they just care about the music, and not one guy’s background. You won’t convince me to get this DLC, don’t even try, but if you plan to get this DLC, just say you’re excited about it, just respect my opinion, do not talk about it.

Again, sorry for opening pandora’s box, I should have known that it would have started an argument.
    don't sweat it
    as it would have happenned sooner or later as its the nature of the beast

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sh1kamaru- Go to original post

I, for one, am not trying to convince anyone of anything. Vote with your wallet man. That is your right. You hate Ted don't buy the DLC. Frankly I am not a huge fan so I may or may not get it myself. Putting him in the same conversation as Lennon isn't crazy though. You are morally offended by Ted. That's cool I find some of what he does offensive too. The Beatles offend people too on various levels or at least they did at the time. Personally I think Lennon was a genius but he said and did incendiary things. Some of those things he said in the name of peace I am sure got a lot of people angry. He was dead before I was born so I wasn't there to care one way or another. Ted also thinks he's right. He can say what he wants. People can hate him for it. My hair is kind of blown back by the outpouring of I won't buy his music in this thread though as I can't recall it ever happening before. Sure people say I hate that band and don't like their songs but this is different. I could really easily see this kind of thing happening every couple of months or something and it is just really striking to me that in 3 years I can't remember it happening once until now.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jack Edison Go to original post
    ^This may be the most rational comment in this thread.

It has caused me to further examine my philosophical position; I actually agreed with the Dixie Chicks' comments about the Iraq invasion, but don't like their music, yet I wouldn't buy their DLC. AND I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent's music, but I agree with him on the 2nd Amendment, so I will buy his DLC.

So the question I have been asking myself is; why would I buy Ted Nugent DLC, but not the Dixie Chicks? Is it that I am more passionate about the 2nd Amendment than anti-interventionism? Or is it that I can tolerate (what I consider) bad hard rock music more than (what I consider) bad country music?
    Yeah forget the Dixie Chicks because their music is awful and not because of anything they said. They can say what they want. This is America.

Your stance on the 2nd amendment vs anti-interventionism could be equal but the 2nd amendment doesn't really change and the idea of anti-interventionism can based on the situation a country is involving itself in.

This thread is weird...

rabbitts's Avatar Senior Member
    If one cannot distinguish between political disagreement and standing in front of a crowd of people with an assault rifle and expressing a desire to stick the barrel up/inside a woman with whom they disagree....or referring to African-Americans as "subhuman mongrels"...then feel free to stand with the rest of the pigs.

Moreover, this is not an issue of left/right or 1st/2nd Amendment -- it is the promulgation of HATE, hate that undermines the dignity of all human beings regardless of race, creed, gender, political affiliation, etc. AND while I clearly will refuse to purchase this DLC, it does not excuse or even lessen the greater problem of Ubisoft's financially supporting this HATE through their contractual agreements with and purchasing of licensing rights from this so-called "artist."

Ted grew up in a much different america before forced acceptance's & tolerance's lead to the Wussification of Americans
    & before calling it as he see's it became reason to riot.....

I for one like these old school Americans speaking their minds in an attempt to "shock" even if they are having "Senior moments"
    like this old girl once did

or how this guy still does

Originally Posted by MoldyRhyme94061 Go to original post
    Oh yeahhhh!!! Can't think of any songs id be very disappointed with from these 3. C'mon Great White buffalo. The guitar in that song is dominant! Can't wait for Tuesday.
    I would love to (try to) learn to play Great White Buffalo!

FFFunk's Avatar Member
    Good news, my personnal Deep Purple favorite is "Mad Dog" but I have not even entered it in the suggestion tool yet, doubt anyone has done so my guess would be Highway Star like many.
    Not a fan of Nugent, but looking forward what LS song it will be too. ^^