the_big_wig97's Avatar Member
    I'm just sitting here in Australia thinking "Wow Ted Nugent DLC!!" His guitar work is pretty awesome. I've got no clue about his political views. I think he's on a Simpsons episode lol. I just play guitar & learn songs I love

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Hmmmm..... seems like the Dixie Chicks faced a huge public backlash from the conservative community for being critical of the US President for taking us into war, although they weren't nearly as vocal about it as Mr. Nugent has been, so I guess it really does go both ways.

Wasn't too long ago, so I'm surprised more people here don't remember that it happened.

Edit: Anyway I like TN's music, but as with most artists I'd rather hear about his art than his personal views on other subjects.

I would boycott Dixie Chicks DLC because I don't like their music. Not because of their political views. I thought the hate at the time was overblown. The whole 'my team is better than your team' volatility of modern politics creates a lot of haters and blind followers.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    as usual ubi treat the 70s with contempt!

another mixed bag,as if Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd don't warrant 5 songs each but all the punks do.

The last 70s pack was woeful,bill withers, sheesh. half the song is him saying 'i know i know i know" and funk#49 with a third of the song a drum solo.

Just say it, you don't givre a toss about us older players you just want to cater to the punks.

You can't find FIVE 70s songs for us?

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Man, Deep Purple has so many great tracks it's tough to pick a favorite. Lots of people calling for Highway Star, but I think Woman from Tokyo is more riff-a-licious. Knockin' at Your Backdoor or Perfect Strangers would be faves from a listening standpoint but maybe not as fun to play.

Another lesser-known track, but sounds like a blast to play:

If it's any consolation, the only reason I'm passing on Nugent is because I'm just flat-out not a fan of his music; I honestly find "Stranglehold" incredibly boring any way I look at it, even as an avid fan of both classic rock and extended guitar solos.

I only say any consolation because I'm at least only passing in accordance to my music taste rather than my political views.

Originally Posted by winemakermianba Go to original post
    Well, the first reason is bogus: there is no shortage of outspoken leftist musicians. Most likely it is the second one, since most "artists" tend to be far left of center. However, with the leftist media providing them cover, they don't stand out from the crowd as much and you don't notice their propagandizing.
    You hit it right on the head.....most liberal artists such as Bono, Springsteen and Bon Jovi are portrayed as "normal" by the media but conservative artists such as Ted Nugent are separated and labeled as such. Your political beliefs may lean whichever way you choose but let's not deny this, the press and media in this country is a bit left of center...

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.

am I too late for this joke?

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    I see many saying they'll not buy the Nugent track .... but, someone correct me if I'm wrong, won't it most likely only be sold as a pack, and not as individual songs?
    There is zero chance these will be a pack. A Lynyrd Skynyrd pack may come into existence with this release, however.

culo_grasso's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.
    Will you feel as strongly when the RATM pack is released? Lead singer Zach de la Rocha said essentially the same thing about the Bush administration.