MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion, including Ted Nugent. Obviously Ubisoft doesn't align with the political opinions of the artists' dlc they put out or they would be all over the place.

Originally Posted by winemakermianba Go to original post
    Well, the first reason is bogus: there is no shortage of outspoken leftist musicians. Most likely it is the second one, since most "artists" tend to be far left of center. However, with the leftist media providing them cover, they don't stand out from the crowd as much and you don't notice their propagandizing.
    Well, it's both reasons really. If an artist is outspoken about something I agree with, that's fine with me. On the other hand, if they like to kick puppies but they keep it to themselves then I can still enjoy their work, blissfully unaware.

Here you go:

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by rabbitts Go to original post
    Shame on Ubisoft for supporting this racist, misogynistic, homophobic pig. Threatening to murder the Secretary of State and the President of the US is NOT merely political rhetoric, but traitorous hate speech intent on inciting others to violence. Shall we expect an ISIS dlc next? What's a couple of beheadings when there's $$ to be made. Utterly shameful.

Here's another:

I see many saying they'll not buy the Nugent track .... but, someone correct me if I'm wrong, won't it most likely only be sold as a pack, and not as individual songs?

I personally don't get how the views and politics of an artist is making some choose to not want to play their songs. I think Bruce Springsteen is a complete asshat ****** for his politics ... and how vocal he is with it ... but there's absolutely many a song I'd buy if they hit RS.

Think it's a mistake to allow politics to be more important in your life than music.Just my opinion tho!

Originally Posted by as_uninvited Go to original post
    I personally don't get how the views and politics of an artist is making some choose to not want to play their songs. I think Bruce Springsteen is a complete asshat ****** for his politics ... and how vocal he is with it ... but there's absolutely many a song I'd buy if they hit RS.
    Haven't you learned anything about liberal politics? It's only bad when conservatives do it.

Last one:

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    Although I don't really care about Ted Nugent's music or political views, I do think he has a natural charisma and charm all the while still being a huge **** (dale and his del-tones).

I respect him as a guitarist and meat enthusiast. That's pretty much the extent of it.

I won't put any of ya's on ignore... well, unless all you have to say is blindly-aimed vitriolic insults. Just stay on point... Artist A is ****, or Artist B is the next best thing since *****.

I can't think of any songs from these three that I wouldn't buy...this time because I like their music, not just because I buy every DLC like the lemming I am :-P

I totally get the point some folks are making about Ted's politics or just personality traits. One thing that always stood about about Ted was that he was larger than life. That side of him has just gotten bigger over time. There are some things I actually agree with him on (not everything!), but he's so over top about so much that it's hard to identify with a lot of the time. But musically? Man, I plan to play Cat Scratch Fever, Stranglehold, Wango Tango, Free For All, Wang Dang Sweet ******* ... whatever we get - even Fred Bear - 'til my fingers bleed and my wife threatens to move out. I may buy an amp just to point out the window at the neighbors

Jack Edison's Avatar Member
    I'm not a fan of Ted Nugent's music, but I'll buy his DLC to pay him back for doing his part to run Piers Morgan out of town.