Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    Well,
    I don't see myself willingly giving 'Ted' any money...
    As I've said repeatedly, everyone has the right to pass...for any reason.

Funny how some of those that only wanted positive feedback now act differently. I hope that puts an end to *that* debate at least.

futile67's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Liberals only like that when it agrees with their politics...
    There's a logic to that. Most of the greatest names in arts and entertainment are liberals.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    Well,
    I don't see myself willingly giving 'Ted' any money.
    Ted don't need your bread he makes millions on his hunting gear alone

miguelcartel's Avatar Member

Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    I was thinking more like Andrew Sisters, Robert Johnson and Cab Calloway but I liked her "comme un moineau" song; I'm just not sure it'd be a good one for guitar. What would you suggest from her? L'Etranger perhaps?
    To be honest, I'm not really an expert on Édith Piaf. But I sure would love Robert Johnson to be featured in the game.
    Sadly, will not happen.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    There is a fundamental sameness to it as well, since the art flows from the artist.
    You are missing the point completely. Once anything enters the possession of the public consciousness it changes. Sure one person or group created it but what it means can change drastically whether that is due to ignorance or public perception or whatever force that is at work. Take Born in the USA for example. Clearly Springsteen was writing a critique of American life and Vietnam if you read the lyrics but somehow used as a patriot song in some instances. I don't really care if Ted Nugent is a hardcore conservative shooting anything that moves on his own land or if the British dudes in Coldplay hate American foreign policy or if Bono is helping kids in Africa or if Green Day spent a decade or so criticizing every decision made by the American government. Write a good song and I will listen to it and probably buy it. If I happen to agree or disagree with an artist that is a separate thing. I happen to think Tom Cruise is from outer space with a lot of what he thinks and does. I still enjoy the crap out of a lot of his movies and will gladly pay to see him again.

Originally Posted by miguelcartel Go to original post
    Ya.....I don't think it's got a chance of being the song. It would be a great one though. Same goes for "The Needle And The Spoon".
    Sounds like we have the same taste in Skynard music.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Well,
    I don't see myself willingly giving 'Ted' any money, his politics cause me to want to vomit.
    so
    I will check out the other 2 songs and cherry pick what I like.
    Skynard's politics are probably pretty similar even if they aren't as vocal. You may want to sit out the whole week.

RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ezios_Axe Go to original post
    Skynard's politics are probably pretty similar even if they aren't as vocal. You may want to sit out the whole week.
    I quit going to see Skynyrd after seeing them in the 80's as they were pretty much a bunch of Born Agains pushing an agenda

Originally Posted by futile67 Go to original post
    There's a logic to that. Most of the greatest names in arts and entertainment are liberals.
    And if I based spending my entertainment dollars solely on whether the performer agreed with me politically, I'd be watching and listening to a lot less (and have a lot more money). But, as another rare entertainer who leans politically the same was as I do said:
    Originally Posted by Alice_Cooper
    If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.