pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member

What are your concerns for AC Unity?

Seeing as I have a few concerns, I don't doubt you guys do as well, here are mine:

1. Content - This map of Paris is huge, I just hope it has enough stuff to make each district worthwhile. Boston and New York had open areas with nothing in them, the Frontier was pretty bare and so was a section of Havana that had 1 contract in (think it was to the north of the map).

2. Draw distance - AC3 had a horrible draw distance, both on PC and Consoles. You could say AC4 improved this but remember that all cities were quiet small and the ocean was just.... water. The reason I bring this up again is due to the size of the map.

3. Parkour glitches (glitches in general) - The gamescom demo that we saw had a fair few glitches. The crowd glitching was horrible and the parkour animations clipped through a lot of the buildings, not to mention the floating arno to gargoyle thing.

What are your concerns?

Only use official videos as examples for your concerns or past games etc etc

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    My concerns:

-Being required to use AC initiates or a Companion App in order to 100% the game or access content in the game.
    -Having that Blue Blending Circle unable to be disabled
    -Having that immersion-breaking morph "disguise" skill make it into the final game.
    -Having the Modern Day restricted to interface format with crappy voice overs and 'hacking' minigames.

Edit:

Didn't see the no inclusion of rumors requirement. My bad. Ignore the first one then.

Edit 2:

Included modern day.

jayjay275's Avatar Senior Member
    1. Not Having Ambient Music - Immersion Breaker
    2. Draw Distance - Breaks Immersion and atmosphere
    3. What the hell is up with the crowd popping, and a BLENDING CIRCLE & DISGUISE "SKILL"!?!?

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Modern Day (my most favorite part that Iím worried that it sucks even harder than ACIV)
    Modern Day
    Modern Day
    Modern Day

and

Modern Day

as well as

First Civilization (my 2nd most favorite part and Iím so worried that they make it so minimal)
    Disguise Skill
    Too many pop ups and highlights
    The Story (Iím excited about it, but Iím afraid that it turns out to be too minimal or too self-contained)
    The Rift gameplay seems like an Assassinís Creed-themed Jak and Daxter or Crash Bandicoot.

OH SHOOT how could I forget modern day?

I hope it's not just an interface w/ voice overs n' "hacking" like rumors imply. I hope in the very least it's like ACIV even if I didn't like ACIV's modern day.

Because it's better than being restricted to some interface.

aL_____eX's Avatar Senior Member
    1. lack of variety for side content and too little of it throughout Paris
    2. no ambient music during free roam
    3. huge fps drops on PlayStation (although Black Flag did a pretty good job)
    4. disguise skill is bs
    5. crowds are still bugged as hell in the final version

If you guys don't like the disguise skill... just don't use it? I don't know what it is though but if its something you can choose like the others, just dont use it

It's not the choice to use it that's the problem. it's the fact that it exists. conceptually it makes no sense.

but that's for the disguise debate thread.

aL_____eX's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    If you guys don't like the disguise skill... just don't use it? I don't know what it is though but if its something you can choose like the others, just dont use it
    Okay then...

4. afraid the disguise skill will play a major role in the game (which means be something like an 'optional objective' or direct mission objective)

Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    It's not the choice to use it that's the problem. it's the fact that it exists. conceptually it makes no sense. but that's for the disguise debate thread.
    But I don't understand... why is it existing a problem if you don't use it? What is it anyway?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►