Patch 3.2 is live (for PC Only) + Release notes

Hello guys,

Here is the release notes for PC Patch 3.2:

- The frame rate in the editor is improved (Only with gamepad for now).
    - The patch also contain data for "Empire Of The Sky" tracks.

Players owning the Season Pass should now be able to play "Empire Of The Sky".
    We will publish a page to purchase "Empire Of The Sky" on Uplay and Steam tonight.

If you encounter any issue, please let us know.

Regards,

I think my problem was also apparent in 3.1 but i haven't played much since it was released, so i post it in here.
    Every now and then the game drops from 60 to 50 or even 30-40 fps. Especially on Eden (Empire of the sky dlc) it is very noticeable. Lowering the Anti Aliasing hasn't helped. There is also a significant fps drop, when i press the Retry button, everytime i reset, the framerate drops.
    (My system: Win7 64, gtx 660 ti, i5 750k, 6 gb ram) But i'm pretty sure, the problem is the anti-slowmo patch.
    In developer words:
    Originally Posted by sebastianaalton Go to original post
    I have the exactly same problem on my home computer. The game used to run at stable 60 fps (minimum settings), but now drops regularly to 30-40 fps. It's currently unplayable. We need to investigate why.
    If you need any more information, let me know.

Thanks,
    Morgan

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    Sorry to say but I somewhat called the performance drop to come as soon as frame skipping arrived. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post9934676

I'll now take two frametime recordings so you somewhat see the difference. One from 4 months ago and one today with this patch on Turbine Terror. The game still runs at 60FPS through most of it. Now for example, Terraria runs with an option to enable or disable frame skipping in the menu. If it really is the issue (it is definitely the issue for causing a major speedup when going back to checkpoints and restarting tracks as they both cause major lag spikes and the game tries to catch up) that could be a temporarily solution, as it works well for those PCs that weren't able to run the game at 60FPS at all.

Spoiler:  Show
    Before:

After:

Also general things on the DLC. The track Eden is a nightmare, it rarely runs at 60FPS and Winter Getaway is also quite laggy during the start, drops down to 20FPS. Running the game at 1920x1200 without any fancy stuff on. With the fancy stuff on I get a steady 60FPS on every base game track and the 1st DLC, which says something.

En0-'s Avatar Trials Developer
    Hi everyone,

This is the problem reported with 3.1 (nothing changed in 3.2 related to that). We're investigating.

Lowering the resolution will help to smooth the frame rate though.

Regards,

IImayneII's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by En0- Go to original post
    Hi everyone,

This is the problem reported with 3.1 (nothing changed in 3.2 related to that). We're investigating.

Lowering the resolution will help to smooth the frame rate though.

Regards,
    Setting my video settings to low (default) with 1280x720 resolution didn't help anything. Fps still goes down to like 50 at the start of a track or reset on a checkpoint. Even changing my resolution 800x600 I can get 55fps when resetting.

And maybe I'm crazy, but feels like testing in the editor is slower than usual, not much but just enough to notice. Even tough it shows 60/59 most of the time

You guys sure did make these new tracks difficult with the 20 fps feature. Slideshow gaming.

EmptyBottle4's Avatar Member
    Since the PC-Beta i had everytime ~60fps. (1920x1080, everything maxed)
    Yesterday i played the DLC2 and now its unplayable. (at least the maps from dlc2, don't tried other maps)
    I start with 60 FPS at the start and after 1-2seconds i have ~20FPS.
    I can change to a lower resolution and to lower graphic-details->no change.
    Today i have more time and i will testing a few things so i can give a better information.

Edit: now i tested low-setting with a 640x480 resolution (lol it looks like sooo funny xD).
    Same here. After a few seconds my FPS goes to 20.
    Tested 1920x1080 with ultra settings: Old Maps+DLC1 Framedrops to 20 after Hitting "B" for less the a second then jumps to 60 and stays at 60 till i hit "b" again.
    Absolutly "ok" imo.

Tested 1920x1080 with ultra settings: DLC2. 60 FPS at the start of the Map. After 1-2 seconds drops down to 20fps.

Conclusion:
    I can play Old maps+DLC1 at any resolution no matter what graphic settings most of the time with 60fps.
    I can't play DLC2 at any resolution no matter what graphic settings.

Here some specs: (i know my PC isn't very good, but i can play old maps-DLC1 without problems, so why do i have problems with dlc2?)
    12GB RAM
    AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor 3.10 GHz
    GeForce GTX660

All Drivers are up2date.
    Should i try old drivers?

Originally Posted by Siegi8888 Go to original post
    Since the PC-Beta i had everytime ~60fps. (1920x1080, everything maxed)
    Yesterday i played the DLC2 and now its unplayable. (at least the maps from dlc2, don't tried other maps)
    My problem, exactly. It's definetly up to Patch 3.1 so don't expect any changes with different drivers.

Originally Posted by Zzzlol94 Go to original post
    Terraria runs with an option to enable or disable frame skipping in the menu.
    This is the best idea IMO. Even if y'all would like to keep working on it to make it better, there needs to be a patch to add this option in, ASAP! I haven't been able to play since 3.1 and thought 3.2 was gunna fix it. I understand it takes time, but it's not fair to leave the game in a unplayable state while you do so. I really want to play the new DLC. :<

If there was a way to remove the patch, I would. But now with it being tied to the new DLC, I'm sure that isn't even a somewhat option without losing the DLC as well.

The definitive Trials PC experience. Complete with frame rate drops below 20.