🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
  1. #441
    JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14,478
    Fresh companies have it hardest.

    Don't do amazingly well first time and you pretty much guarantee bankruptcy.

    The main problem I have with frequent game dev layoffs is it makes it hard to work yourself up the ranks.

    I guess you just really gotta impress with that portfolio/resume so people wanna keep ya.

    ...

    #nowimevenmoreparanoid
    Share this post

  2. #442
    HeedfulMass4856's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    145
    Newsflash, folks: Ubisoft is a racist, Illuminati company.
    Share this post

  3. #443
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,209
    i'm a member of the illuminati
    Share this post

  4. #444
    I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Delicious and full of healthy oils!
    Posts
    8,959
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    i'm a member of the illuminati

    Oh

    so can you get me Iron Man's autograph, then
    Share this post

  5. #445
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Fresh companies have it hardest.

    Don't do amazingly well first time and you pretty much guarantee bankruptcy.

    The main problem I have with frequent game dev layoffs is it makes it hard to work yourself up the ranks.

    I guess you just really gotta impress with that portfolio/resume so people wanna keep ya.

    ...

    #nowimevenmoreparanoid
    I realize the risks and have a rough idea of the costs. I don't jump into anything ;P Not without hours of research and study. It's not an immediate project anyways, money must be put away for it and a lot of it. If I managed to make it well with the brokering though... Miami real estate isn't cheap, I'm guaranteed at least 16k on average, and that's just one appointment.

    Originally Posted by HeedfulMass4856 Go to original post
    Newsflash, folks: Ubisoft is a racist, Illuminati company.
    8U your last troll was better, at least it was partially believable.
    Share this post

  6. #446
    JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14,478
    I personally would prefer to just get a steady job and slowly rise up the company to the point i have some creative say/control.

    but not enough to become a notable face on a company

    I'd much too self-consious for that, lol.
    Share this post

  7. #447
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    I personally would prefer to just get a steady job and slowly rise up the company to the point i have some creative say/control.

    but not enough to become a notable face on a company

    I'd much too self-consious for that, lol.
    Not for me, the game industry is full of cancerous fat businessmen running things. I'd rather do it myself than listen to some ****** old man born in the 30's sit in his office with his 20 year old secretary that he hand picked and tell me what to do as if he knows what he's talking about.
    Share this post

  8. #448
    Xstantin's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    2,369
    ^And I just wanna sit and doodle in the corner lol
    Share this post

  9. #449
    Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,661
    Originally Posted by Namikze17 Go to original post
    How old are you, Fatal?

    Well in Pimpaca years...
    85, but still kicking.
    Share this post

  10. #450
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,209
    Originally Posted by I-Like-Pie45 Go to original post

    Oh

    so can you get me Iron Man's autograph, then

    Iron Man is dead
    Share this post