DLC 7/24 "Joni Mitchell Song Pack"

Tomorrow, Rocksmith will release 3 songs from the most talented member of Eastenders' Mitchell family, Joni Mitchell! The songs are:

A Case of You
    Big Yellow Taxi
    Both Sides, Now

Enjoy!

Source
     1 people found this helpful

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Joni Mitchell – $7.99

• Joni Mitchell “A Case of You” | Lead [Eb Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]
    • Joni Mitchell “Big Yellow Taxi” | Lead [Open E] | Alt Lead/Bass [E Standard | Rhythm [Capo Required]
    • Joni Mitchell “Both Sides, Now” | Lead/Alt. Lead [Eb Standard] | Rhythm [Capo Required] | Bass [E Standard]

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Do we know which versions we'll get? Any Jaco?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

Joni Mitchell - $7.99 / Steam

Afraid that I'm not hearing a lot of Jaco in these tunes, and Joni without Jaco is just another folk singer which I need like a hole in my head (sorry couldn't resist).

For those who can dig it enjoy!

Steam song pack not downloading

Seam is not downloading the Joni Mitchell Song Pack.

UbiSoft please investigate.Thanks.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Are you sure it's not Jaco? Those bass notes were FLYING on the 2nd song! There was a LATE note in the preview!
    <-- joking

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    Are you sure it's not Jaco? Those bass notes were FLYING on the 2nd song! There was a LATE note in the preview!
    <-- joking
    It's a shame we only got 3 of her "top 40" tunes. The stuff that Joni did with Jaco and Pat Metheny and co. was sooo much groovier. Oh well

I have to comment on this: Ubi, thank you SO much for including "Both Sides Now." It's one of my favorites, and this is like a huge gift to me.

Now, Judy Collins' version is probably best-known, and I actually prefer Glen Campbell's version (the orchestration -- those strings! -- the guitar, Glen's voice... wonderful). I'll even take Roger Whittaker or Neil Diamond's. Give me Harry Belafonte's take. Bing Crosby's. Even Sinatra's. The dozens and dozens of others from past to present, yeah, they're all worth a listen, maybe. But this is Joni's song.

And Joni defines it. Judy rushes it, in my opinion; so many others sing it straight and squeeze the life out of it. Joni, though. Joni takes her time, but still varies her pace within the phrases to great effect. Letting the lyrics and strumming play against each other, dragging and leading in turn. Hesitant, then tumbling forward... ebbing and flowing, sometimes falling headlong and other times held back quiet and reserved. Soaring and diving. She embodies it, and that's such a great, raw, real thing for this song to be. Melancholy wrapped in discovery and barely-restrained joy. Amazing. Studio or live, she makes it a journey of life experience.

Thanks for sharing that as part of the library, Ubi.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Originally Posted by CatDaddi0 Go to original post
    Seam is not downloading the Joni Mitchell Song Pack.

UbiSoft please investigate.Thanks.
    Hey CatDaddio, we're not seeing other instances of the songs/pack not downloading on Steam. Please completely shut down Steam, restart it, then launch Rocksmith Remastered again. If they still don't show up, let me know. Thanks!