Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sooner or later, but he will return

19 76.00%
  • No, the franchise is dead

6 24.00%
    kaileena750's Avatar Senior Member

Do you think Prince of Persia is dead?

Many people think Prince of Persia is a dead franchise and no matter how many times Ubisoft say they havenīt given up on the franchise, they believe that the Prince of videogames and father to Assassinīs Creed and FarCry had his time, but it is gone now. However, there are others who still hope for a return of the persian hero, which will happen sooner or later.

What do you guys think? I do really hope for a return. Come on, itīs almost 25 years since the first Prince was born. Itīs a classic and classics never die. It is true that the franchise has been very unlucky to find on its way games like Assassinīs Creed (and whoever decided to change POP to it, I hate you ) and mostly... Ubisoft, since when they see that something makes money, they just have to use it again and again until it dies. Perhaps if its creator grabbed a stick and poked Ubi a little, maybe they would focus a little bit more, but he seems quite relaxed.

But hey, I know my Prince will return one day. And when that day arrives... youīll hear me screaming all over the planet XD You know me! hehe

Dead has more than one meanings. As for the currently known iterations of PoP I think we can safely say those are dead as a corpse. I think we'll see a game in the near future but it will be totally different than the previous entries, that meaning going back to 2D and no a SoT or PoP '08 sequel.

Gi1t's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sanceman Go to original post
    Dead has more than one meanings. As for the currently known iterations of PoP I think we can safely say those are dead as a corpse. I think we'll see a game in the near future but it will be totally different than the previous entries, that meaning going back to 2D and no a SoT or PoP '08 sequel.
    True, they're totally ignoring the main series and probably won't ever be bothered to make a 3D one again. Apparently they think that's too much work. Lately it doesn't even seem like they're interested in producing a 2D one. Their Child of Light project would have been a perfect style to continue the 2008 story in 2D and I wouldn't consider it dead if they did that. But I'm well beyond dubious that they'll ever make anything until there are some actual changes in their executive staff. Right now, they seem not only uninterested in PoP but rather spiteful toward the fanbase.

Theyīre not only ignoring the fans from Prince of Persia. According to Ubisoft, all the fans are happy about having so many Assassinīs Creed games so fast, and they love having Rogue and Unity. And they say that the ones who arenīt happy about it are just a few noisy ones.

Ubi... Are you guys on drugs?

Grafferu's Avatar Senior Member
    A Prince will return one day, I'm confident about that.
    What I don't feel good about, is that we'll probably never see the continuation of the ''thief'' Prince & Elika's story
    Also I believe we'll not see any new POP game in the next 2-3 years, which is just sad, very sad.

I think the franchise is dead unless it's sold to another publisher... And if a 2D game is released, it will only makes it worse...

Originally Posted by marouane87 Go to original post
    I think the franchise is dead unless it's sold to another publisher... And if a 2D game is released, it will only makes it worse...

But we have to face that the roots of the franchise are 2d games. If Ubisoft made an actually good 2d game... But we have only seen poor remakes. Donīt lose hope.

The franchise is dead... Ubisuck doesn't want to continue it anymore... I can feel it... I hope Ubisuck games fails.

Originally Posted by kaileena750 Go to original post
    But we have to face that the roots of the franchise are 2d games. If Ubisoft made an actually good 2d game... But we have only seen poor remakes. Donīt lose hope.
    All games were 2D at that point
    I'm talking about a game that sells well and give them a reason to continue. A 2D game will be sold only to fans and will not attract any new (or even old) players. Because let's face it, gamers are becoming more and more needy and they have to be fascinated by a game graphics or trailers to buy it.

Besides, a 2D game will only show that Ubisoft does not want to invest in the game, and they just released something that didn't need much money to make in the hope to make a little benefits...

Originally Posted by marouane87 Go to original post
    All games were 2D at that point
    I'm talking about a game that sells well and give them a reason to continue. A 2D game will be sold only to fans and will not attract any new (or even old) players. Because let's face it, gamers are becoming more and more needy and they have to be fascinated by a game graphics or trailers to buy it.

Besides, a 2D game will only show that Ubisoft does not want to invest in the game, and they just released something that didn't need much money to make in the hope to make a little benefits...

Yes well, but still. I do think that Ubisoft can bring back the Prince with a new 3d game. Perhaps the 2d proyect was cancelled and thatīs why it wasnīt shown at the E3. Actually, I think that a good remake of the Sands of Time game would be great to bring him back. It was the game to brought him back to being popular when Ubisoft bought the rights of the franchise, and it is the most beautiful one (even though my favorite one is Warrior Within)

If Ubisoft asked if we wanted a remake, a good remake, with the new graphics, better gameplay, more options and, maybe open world. If you think, the map of the Palace of Azad could be used a an open world map, since Ubisoft seems to love open world now.

Though, I donīt think Ubisoft will come out with a game knowing it wonīt sell well. They know what they have in hands, they know the POP franchise a strong one, and they know that if they play their cards well they can make a game that can be at the level of Assassinīs Creed (which isnīt hard since theyīre killing it slowly), FarCry or even WatchDogs.

I believe Ubisoft will announce Beyond Good & Evil first (I want POP, but letīs admit, they deserve their chance too, theyīve waited for much longer than us) and then, POP will come.

As we say in Spain: Lo bueno se hace esperar

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►