9 16.67%
  • Davenport Homestead

24 44.44%
  • Great Inagua

22 40.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member

Best Hideout?

One thing has been pretty constant throughout the entire series; the Assassins get some pretty cool digs. Which was your favorite? The epic fortress of AC1, the gloriously upgradeable city of AC2, the incognito warehouse of Brotherhood, the indoor ponds of Revelations, the cozy manor of AC3, or your own personal island in AC4?

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    All of them in one.

Let's build a minecraft city with all of them in it.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Masyaf was THE Assassin presence. It was the symbol of the Assassins operating within society but on its edges at the same time. I will never forget that glorious castle and the bustling market place below. It felt like a cold home...a tough mom standing over you.

The Davenport Homestead, although could have been more dense, holds a special place in my heart. Getting to know the residents, hearing their stories, bonding with them and creating a community FAR more advanced than anything of the time makes it endearing. That, the awesome AI and playing games inside the manor.

Great inagua was beautiful. period. it was denser than the homestead and as beautiful as the Auditore Villa.

It was breaking my heart when the Villa Auditore was being destroyed...literally, every part of my heart was crying at buildings being destroyed. It felt like heritage...I inherited this place and ran it to the ground in one lousy day.

I loved the Tiber island hideout because it was secret, which was a nice change from the gangesque presence of the brotherhood in ACB.

Galata wasn't THAT remarkable imo

GoldenBoy9999's Avatar Senior Member
    I enjoyed crafting things for the Homestead in AC3 (it reminded me of decorating in Hearthfire) the atmosphere was cool and I liked the people in it.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    Masyaf has a pretty iconic feel to me. It felt alive from the Assassins being trained within the Castle itself to the small village that the Assassins were protecting. To me, so many stories could be told but it was all left to the imagination which is something Patrice did very well with AC1 especially in different areas around The Kingdom.

The Davenport Homestead and Inagua are things I loved mainly because you were able to build communities and get to know the people who were living there although that is more geared towards AC3. I loved being able to bring people to the Homestead and then see them get on with their lives in that area and contribute something to that community.

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    I really enjoyed the Davenport Homestead the best because it's actually our HOME. We ran there, Trained there, and eventually the place was ours
    ( Connor's) in the process......it was nice coming from Boston or New York to meet/ help the people of the Homestead, and actually have a sense of comfort there.
    ( No Templars or Colonists)
    Plus, it's always nice to play a game with Achilles ( before his death) or Father Timothy.....like how a son plays with their father.

And finally checking up on the people to know their whereabouts and common happenings or just simply going towards the Aquila to go on an exciting adventure.

So yeah.....

I cast my vote for Great Inagua and the Villa (you guys can vote for more than one BTW, I made it a multi-choice poll).

The Villa was awesome because it felt like literally everything you did in the game significantly contributed to its development. Main story missions unlocked new target portraits and vehicle models. Side missions unlocked the armor in the basement. Buying items filled out your art gallery and armory. Getting money unlocked renovations. Renovations unlocked discounts and secret areas. It all felt very systemic to me, despite the somewhat broken "come back every 20 minutes for free money" economy (which actually didn't feel that unbalanced to me, since I wanted to buy EVERYTHING in the game from every shop). I was raging pretty hard when it was all wiped away in Brotherhood.

Great Inagua was far less connected to the core game experience, but TBH that's part of what I loved about it. It felt like the place where Edward would to to crash when he was sick of pirating and missing his home and his wife. I always felt like the mansion upgrades were designed with her in mind. It also brought back a little bit of the decoration aspect of the villa, and though none of the artworks were as grand or impressive as the Renaissance paintings that hung in Ezio's home, it seemed fitting that a poor Welsh kid would grow up to have a million little odds and ends in his art collection rather than a uniform set of paintings that might adorn a nobleman's walls. Plus, you obtained the home itself in the most piratey way possible; kill a guy and steal his crap And there's a frickin' waterfall in the backyard. Hard not to love that.

phoenix-force411's Avatar Senior Member
    Homestead 'cause it's appearance changes as you progress through Homestead missions.

Homestead Missions > Main Story Missions

Originally Posted by phoenix-force411 Go to original post
    Homestead 'cause it's appearance changes as you progress through Homestead missions.

Homestead Missions > Main Story Missions
    Yeah, I really loved handing over money and fetching crap, that was some intense gameplay

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Yeah, I really loved handing over money and fetching crap, that was some intense gameplay
    T'was better than riding a horse while running back and forth saying FIRE!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►