New World Cup format proposal

So, I have an idea to make things interesting and give us more competition. There are a couple competing leagues going on right now. However, they're individual based... no real clan versus clan stuff. I propose having an eight team clan vs clan league/tournament every four months. Each team would have four members of the same clan. Right now, the clans I'm thinking would join are TOS, COF, Nimois, and Chez Nam. That would give each clan two teams in this new version of the World Cup. If other clans are interested in joining, let me know and we'll figure out how to get this to work.

The schedule would be as follows: double round-robin format (each team plays the other teams twice). Top four teams automatically qualify for the tournament and two teams with the most points which didn't automatically qualify are entered in as repechages. The quarter final round is a best of three series. The semi-finals, finals, and consolation (3rd place) rounds are each a best of five series. It would start on July 2nd and end on August 17th using this format.

In consideration of people's weekends, we would run the season from Monday to Thursday and have off Friday to Sunday (US time). That still gives plenty of time off for the majority of the players. However, for the playoffs, it would run Monday through Friday. This gives us one round per week. With a full eight team roster, the entire World Cup would last for approximately seven weeks.

How each clan decides who qualifies for your two teams will be up to you, but I do have some recommendations.

For those clans interested in hosting their own qualifiers, I recommend one of four sites:
    [list=1:yi7l994d]
    [*:yi7l994d]konkuri.com (which TOS currently uses, very simple to use, great communication tools, but is limited to 8 people/teams on a free account), [/*:m:yi7l994d]
    [*:yi7l994d]leaguerepublic.com (which I'm starting to look into more, is free for an unlimited number of players, but is vastly more complex to set up), [/*:m:yi7l994d]
    [*:yi7l994d]fixturelist.com (slightly more complex setup than konkuri and the site League Mondiale currently uses), or [/*:m:yi7l994d]
    [*:yi7l994d]challonge.com (good for those who just want a playoff to decide their teams... I would recommend the eight people in the quarter finals are automatically in and your prime team comprised of those who reach the semi-finals. Also, the current World Cup uses this site).[/*:m:yi7l994d][/list:yi7l994d]

I will run the new World Cup on Konkuri for now and possibly leaguerepublic in the future.

Re: Nouveau "Coupe du Monde" proposition de format

Donc, j'ai une idée pour rendre les choses intéressantes et nous donner une plus grande concurrence. Il ya quelques lieues en couple concurrentes en cours en ce moment. Cependant, ils sont à base individuelle ... aucun clan réel par rapport à des choses clan. Je propose d'avoir une équipe de huit clan vs clan ligue / tournoi tous les quatre mois. Chaque équipe disposera de quatre membres d'un même clan. À l'heure actuelle, les clans auxquels je pense se joindrait sont TOS, COF, Nîmois, et Chez Nam. Cela donnerait à chaque clan deux équipes dans cette nouvelle version de la Coupe du Monde. Si d'autres clans sont intéressés à se joindre, faites le moi savoir et nous allons voir comment cela fonctionne.

Le calendrier serait le suivant: double tournoi à la ronde (chaque équipe joue deux fois les autres équipes). Top quatre équipes se qualifient automatiquement pour le tournoi et deux équipes avec le plus de points qui ne se qualifient pas automatiquement sont entrés en tant que repêchages. Le quart de finale est un best of de trois séries. Les demi-finales, des finales, et de consolation (3e place) tours sont chacun un best of de cinq séries. Il faudrait commencer le 2 Juillet et à la fin le 17 Août en utilisant ce format.

En contrepartie de week-ends des gens, on courrait la saison du lundi au jeudi et ont de vendredi à dimanche (heure US). Cela donne encore beaucoup de temps libre pour la majorité des joueurs. Toutefois, pour les séries éliminatoires, il irait du lundi au vendredi. Cela nous donne un tour par semaine. Avec un alignement de l'équipe complète de huit, la Coupe du Monde entier va durer environ sept semaines.

Comment chaque clan décide qui a droit à vos deux équipes seront à vous, mais j'ai quelques recommandations.

Pour les clans qui souhaitent accueillir leurs propres qualificatifs, je recommande un des quatre sites:
    [list=1:2pj7skto]
    [*:2pj7skto]konkuri.com (qui utilise actuellement TOS, très simple à utiliser, des outils de communication très bien, mais est limité à 8 personnes et les équipes sur un compte gratuit),[/*:m:2pj7skto]
    [*:2pj7skto]leaguerepublic.com (qui je commence à examiner plus, est gratuit pour un nombre illimité de joueurs, mais est beaucoup plus complexe à mettre en place),[/*:m:2pj7skto]
    [*:2pj7skto]fixturelist.com (configuration un peu plus complexe que konkuri et le site de la ligue Mondiale utilise actuellement), ou[/*:m:2pj7skto]
    [*:2pj7skto]challonge.com (bon pour ceux qui veulent juste un match de barrage pour décider de leurs équipes... Je recommande les huit personnes dans les quarts de finale sont automatiquement et votre équipe composée de Premier ceux qui atteignent les demi-finales. En outre, la Coupe du Monde actuel utilise ce site). [/*:m:2pj7skto][/list:2pj7skto]

Je vais courir la nouvelle Coupe du Monde sur Konkuri pour l'instant et peut-être leaguerepublic à l'avenir.

Re: New World Cup format proposal

This idea is awesome!

I also like the idea of combining the slick Konkuri interface with more people competing. But while I'm certainly not against the idea of clan battles, I feel like a lot of people who probably would like to take part would be left out in this model - for one, individual people, and on the other hand all clans who don't have at least four members 'm not sure, but I think this would be the case for the Nimois even?). But I don't know, maybe that is the one thing that would separate this format from the word league we already have up and running.

Originally Posted by Octofier
    I also like the idea of combining the slick Konkuri interface with more people competing. But while I'm certainly not against the idea of clan battles, I feel like a lot of people who probably would like to take part would be left out in this model - for one, individual people, and on the other hand all clans who don't have at least four members 'm not sure, but I think this would be the case for the Nimois even?). But I don't know, maybe that is the one thing that would separate this format from the word league we already have up and running.
    Interesting viewpoint to which my reply would be if there is someone who isn't currently in a clan, use this forum, or whatever forum they want, to find 3 other people who also aren't in a clan and form their own team/clan. Or join a pre-existing clan.

There already is enough individual competition (Globals and 10-Day). The next step is teams/clans. This will foster team pride and, hopefully, more participation in this forum.

Originally Posted by TheRobZ
    if there is someone who isn't currently in a clan, use this forum, or whatever forum they want, to find 3 other people who also aren't in a clan and form their own team/clan. Or join a pre-existing clan.
    Guess that could work, but I'd argue that this would be too much of a hassle for anyone who'd just like to casually jump in. But yeah, like we both agree on, this league would probably only focus on anyone who's willing to make an effort and join a lengthy, team-based competition.

Yes it's a good idea TheRobz! So that the players can participate by joining teams there or creating news, it would be necessary to make a topic by listing all existent teams where news players would postulate or come to create their team there!

But i don't understand really why you prefer participate at the TOS league however the league mondiale??? Because it's the same thing!!
    I think it's better playing all in the same big league with different divisions than playing in differents league.

Re: Re: New World Cup format proposal

Originally Posted by Bengitou
    Yes it's a good idea TheRobz! So that the players can participate by joining teams there or creating news, it would be necessary to make a topic by listing all existent teams where news players would postulate or come to create their team there!

But i don't understand really why you prefer participate at the TOS league however the league mondiale??? Because it's the same thing!!
    I think it's better playing all in the same big league with different divisions than playing in differents league.
    I don't like running a tournament and a league at the same time. The league should be a qualifier for the tournament. Also, everyone needs to play on the same day, without fail. Points matter for ties in standings. If one person is off on a 1500 point day, it puts them at a disadvantage. I have run leagues and tournaments of all sorts for 20 years over a multitude of sports. Everything from organization, to money collection and reporting, to disciplinary action, to refereeing. These are best practices I have learned. It's also why I ran two seasons of the TOS league before putting forth my proposal for a new world cup format. I want to know what works and what doesn't to ensure EVERYONE has a good time.

Re: Re: New World Cup format proposal

Originally Posted by TheRobZ
    I don't like running
    Wrong game then, my friend
    Sorry, couldn't help it!