Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Something to let you know when yopu get a PM or Private Topic as they are now called..... I sent a PT to Tully and one to another member a while ago and i havent heard back yet so I am assuming he doesnt know it's there. With the old forums we had the flashing envelope..here we dont have anything and the notificatios procedure is unclear... it seems as though you can only set notifications to topics you have posted...but what do you do if someone has posted one to you? How would you know? Do we have to just check our PTs on a regular basis? That bites....even email will let you know you have mail..... so I am assumiong therre is something I am doing wrong till I find out otherwise..I just cant figure out what it is......

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Something to let you know when yopu get a PM or Private Topic as they are now called..... I sent a PT to Tully and one to another member a while ago and i havent heard back yet so I am assuming he doesnt know it's there. With the old forums we had the flashing envelope..here we dont have anything and the notificatios procedure is unclear... it seems as though you can only set notifications to topics you have posted...but what do you do if someone has posted one to you? How would you know? Do we have to just check our PTs on a regular basis? That bites....even email will let you know you have mail..... so I am assumiong therre is something I am doing wrong till I find out otherwise..I just cant figure out what it is......

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

I agree, this is something i missed from old setup. Probably the only thing hehe

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    It's the only thing I miss with the older forum.

After you send a message, even if there is no return, check to see if it was viewed. You'll know if the recipient has read it or not.

Yeah we need a option that say hat we have a PM.

Nice call Bearcat

==============================
    *Forums*SimHQ|Netwings|IL2 WebSite
    *Downloads*UberDemon|OmegaCorner|SpyBot SpyWares Killer|SpywareBlaster
    *Cool Stuff*Mudmovers|Il2 FB Movies|Il2 FB Skins|IL2 FB Data base
    *Server*Upload images here
    ==============================
    Argentina Air Force

yep thats for sure..the only good thing ..well preview was good too

U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

Agreed. It must be quite more difficult to moderate with the system this software has.

My FB/FS2004 Pages | IL2skins | OMEGASQUADRON

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah preview...it saved me a bunch of gaffes. The least they could give us is a built in spellchick

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    yea, a PM system would be nice to have again. or at least some sort of notification that you were included in a private topic

"I don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up. "
    Fiend's Wings

Yep agreed! I do like the way you can click on your name or others and view their recent post and 4 other funtions though, Makes it alot easier to catch back up after going to bed or whatever to find your old thread if it been pushed down.

131st_Toad's Squad link

My TrackIR fix, Read the whole thread