coltcat's Avatar Senior Member
    yes, it's a complaining something about story,background setting and scripting.(maybe becuz we've got too many reponse on gameplay itself, I would like to say something about "one particular" part of level design and scripting)
    it just seems not much ppl bring THIS one up (or it's just too ridiculous to even bring this one up)
    and I would like to discuss this with other ppl who likes to see some good story being put togather (in a game or otherwise).
    If you are not a game story-pursuiting person,you might find out what I'm about to write are not a problem and nothing to btch about at all.

resurrection,best friend you've naver heard off,red hair spy chick,shadow govenment org... for me those are just lame story development,but not really making my mind fall apart.

theres one thing in whole conviction story(or background) setting that few people bring up before that truly shows the ingnorance of the dev team on SC universe.present to players with (IMO)probably the most ridiculous level in whole SC history.

NO, not iraq , iraq is just plan out of the place and was happen way before anything about SC timeline began.and it's not even Sam.

that level is the THIRD ECHELON HEADQUARTERS.
    this level alone shows how misunderstanding (there for incapability) the dev members are for making a SC sequel.

just think about it , how many times the thing "3E" has been brought up in this game, how many times "3E" being said my dev team member in all the dev diary we've seen before.

I dont know how many previous SC game the devs have played before start to scripting and making conviction.
    at least creative director said he like the CT most.
    and devs wants to bring Sarah back to alive mean at least they've played and exam the story of the DOUBLE AGENT.
    does that bothering any one is the dev team, theres a meter at left side bottom of the screen? shows you the trust of two group of ppl you work for?, the JBA and THE FREGGING N.S.A

last time I check the god dam third echelon is a sub branch of the National Security Agency.
    in the creative director's favorite SC game,the Chaos Theory. where on earth did we sees Sam and all the character he worked with having briefing and analysis information? ...FORT. MEADE! in MARYLAND!
    third echelon may have an office in that giant black building, or even a section,area or a level in that building. and thats it!
    3E is not an organzation or even a agency, IT'S just a TEAM work for (and inside)NSA!

and where the hell on earth did those dev team got their idea to even think third echelon has it's own fregging HQ?
    and its huge! and correct me if I'm wrong, it sets in DC?

at the time I saw the story trailer when Sam triggers C4 and a building went off I thought I'm gonna having a level sets in NSA building,how awesome it that. the same of awesomeness we got when we go through langley in SAR.

when I came down to the level,the 3E HQ with my friend(I mean his SP gaming progress quite close to mine),at that time we hook up on the skype,and both of us was like... WTF? WTF is THIS BUILDING? WTF is this sht?

"THEY" the develop team didnt understand the most basic structure in the whole splinter cell plot! worse part is they dont even bother to doing a little bit of research on the franchise(or just go see whats in the previous games).
    they just goes like...
    "so Sam worked for third echelon hun? thats gonna be some secret special force agency! gotta be something like what Bonds worked for,and what agency Bond worked for? how should I know? but we need to have a level there and it's gonna be super secret and poweful just like Bonds anyway,and sure this echelon will have a super hi-tech headquarters and it batter looks like NASA mission control yeah! and just in case for those first time SC player can feel the power of the agency, we gonna put a big eagle claw statue in HQs front door to shows you how big and awesome this agency is. and every one works inside must be SWAT like with automatic weapon and other splinter cells poping out from nowhere,it shows you how ruthless this agency is. btw put a chick behide the desk you can talk to so Sam can have a badass dialogue before we cut off the buildings power. ha! those old SC fans thinks the CIA HQ is a good level? wait till them sees THIS...oh and give this level a non-detection order at begining and make a video about it so those retro SC fans will think its just like old time."

till this time , devs havent got a clue just wth 3E is.
    but worst is yet to come.

"after we put a mad scientist character thats resemble to Wayne Knight in jurassic park,rigged the place with self-destructive device that will blow every thing in 100 yard distance for the ultra climax, becuz carrying a guy through half of the level is just lame ending sequence for secret govenment agency level,blow it up is the way to go. and at last just to show you the importance of this agency,put it in DC!....
    btw does any one knows where the hell the first and second echelon are? we can come up some awesome story with those two in SC6!!!"

You only just got up to that part? That was like 5 minutes into the game. Yeah there was already a whole thread about this.

Originally posted by shadowblade334:
    You only just got up to that part? That was like 5 minutes into the game. Yeah there was already a whole thread about this.
    oh no, I guess I need to check that tread out.

and yea, this is the part I just cant stand anytime and couldnt tell why , other part of the scripting?,well these are just plain dumb. if I need to put a BS score on every story flaw on the game, Grim gets 8 of 10 , rise of the 3E gets 12.
    you can say your lovely coworker get hit in the head hard to become an ice queen. but you dont put one ford dealer above FoMoCo.
    it's like watching the new season of the X files and found out now theres now a X file agency dealing with aliens being set at florida.

sameer_monier's Avatar Senior Member
    okay i will make it simple for you, think of Reed and you will understand

and here is a little intel

" It's not Lambert 3rd E, Last time i checked he was dead, And you know what, 3rd E nearly died with him "

Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    This can apply to this thread too.
    Originally posted by Jazz_117:
    Any and probably all problems you may have came across, or that there might be in Splinter Cell Conviction, story or otherwise, can be put down to the following three pictures.

i dont know if that will help but i will post something from splinter cell wikia.....There has been at least two Third Echelon headquarters located in either in a subterranean area of NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, the other one has been located in various spots in Washington D.C. area. It is located in a non-descript building somewhere near the National Mall and White House in the nation's capital (the location is routinely moved around every few years for security reasons).However, Third Echelon still often utilizes the NSA's headquarters to station its employees. The reason for this seperation is because technically Third Echelon doesn't exist. Most NSA employees will have never heard of Third Echelon. As one of the most classified, top-secret organizations in the U.S. government, only those on a "need to know" basis are aware of the agency. In 2011, Third Echelon's current headquarters was destroyed by 'Protocol 2319' after one of its former agents(Sam Fisher) breached its security…..

Originally posted by Falzar:
    i dont know if that will help but i will post something from splinter cell wikia.....There has been at least two Third Echelon headquarters located in either in a subterranean area of NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, the other one has been located in various spots in Washington D.C. area. It is located in a non-descript building somewhere near the National Mall and White House in the nation's capital (the location is routinely moved around every few years for security reasons).However, Third Echelon still often utilizes the NSA's headquarters to station its employees. The reason for this seperation is because technically Third Echelon doesn't exist. Most NSA employees will have never heard of Third Echelon. As one of the most classified, top-secret organizations in the U.S. government, only those on a "need to know" basis are aware of the agency. In 2011, Third Echelon's current headquarters was destroyed by 'Protocol 2319' after one of its former agents(Sam Fisher) breached its security…..
    yeah, I've seen that one , but still thanks.
    but man , SC wiki just have to come up something that brings the broken story back togather when it's obviously in a very bad shape .(even if it means players have to somehow make the story reasonable by their own. really)
    oh god. wouldnt it be a nice finish if dev team just give you a NSA HQ level instate , but no! they just want to through out what all previous story has build up before and start to search in their own imagination..

Originally posted by sameer_monier:

" It's not Lambert 3rd E, Last time i checked he was dead, And you know what, 3rd E nearly died with him "
    and thats what I'm trying to point out and what I just feel sucks!
    devs shouldnt just change and throw around the script anyway they want. theres still some standard for scripting. not just made up thing and say "we are having it now!"
    most proper word I can come up in english to describe this is ridiculous, a "ridiculously storyline development" that can usually be found in soap saga such as MGS.

I can start to imagine we will fighting in 1st and 2nd echelons HQs in SC6. abd megiddo might have its own super secret underground base too.

oh btw jazz , I've seen your brilliant post.
    it's BBB , hell with Clancy in the tilte.
    like the 4th die hard movie , directed by the guy who might havent see any die hard movie before and a information warfare plot written by the guy who probably dont have any idea how the internet works. (blow up a build by pumping in gas with only keyboard , aint it something.)

newhenpal's Avatar Senior Member
    Besides the cameras that emit light, what I found absolutely stupid about that level was how Sam turned into the Hulk and gained infinite marks near the end.

No amount of "Wouldn't YOU react the same way" or "He's a super spy" arguments will make sense of that embarrassing scripted event.

Originally posted by Jazz_117:
    This can apply to this thread too.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazz_117:
    Any and probably all problems you may have came across, or that there might be in Splinter Cell Conviction, story or otherwise, can be put down to the following three pictures.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For god's sake Jazz, I just dont get it? I understant the 3 JB's and what the devs wated, but you confuse me sometimes.

sameer_monier's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by sameer_monier:

and thats what I'm trying to point out and what I just feel sucks!
    devs shouldnt just change and throw around the script anyway they want. theres still some standard for scripting. not just made up thing and say "we are having it now!"
    most proper word I can come up in english to describe this is ridiculous, a "ridiculously storyline development" that can usually be found in soap saga such as MGS.[/QUOTE]

maybe to you it is ridiculous, but it depend on how you really take the story, i think Reed is not going to be a person who works underground, he doesn't look that kinda of a guy, that's why there is a 3rd E HQ that looks like this in C

And i don't think you will be fighting any Splinter Cells in SC6, neither will you be in 1st and 2nd echelons HQs, but i guess it will be more like different location around the world, and of course megiddo has super secret underground base (i highly doubt it), why wouldn't it ?!, everyone have one right ?!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►