LurifaxB's Avatar MMDoC Legend

ST: Kieran Stack Rush 4/3/0

Hi there

I didn't find a good post about the Kieran stacking decks I have seen a few of lately. I have been experimenting for a while, and found this rush version good. I chose to go all out rush and stop at 3 magic. So far the results have been very good. I'd say it is around 1800 ELO or so.(I'm currently 1750) Haven't tested it to it's limits as I tend to play many different decks. I have a 75,9% WR (28 games) with it currently. Going first is actually not as bad - WR 71%.

Here is the deck:

Hero:
    Kieran

Events:
    4x Time of war (to get the draw going - you will deploy a lot of creatures)
    4X Week of the Mercenaries - changed it from fiery sunrise to get more damage from other creatures.

Creatures (36):
    4x Imperial crossbow men - yes really. Goes really well with barracks and a cost 1 human is good.
    4x Wolf Trainer
    3x Elite squire - this card is really good in the meta with so much shooter and mele shooter
    4x crusader watchmen
    4x Griffin crossbowmen
    3x Sun rider - can be changed. But need decent human that can deal some damage.
    4x crusader Vanguard
    4x Griffin Legionaire
    2x devout priestess - can be taken out. But a decent human and can heal your crusader vangards and watchmen
    1x Anael - redemption
    1x Angel Protector - dispelling. Argueable it should be more, but she is not human
    2x scattershot crossbow men. Can be taken out, but such a good mid/late game unit - and human.

Spells (10):
    3x Sunburst
    3x Town Portal
    4x Blinding light

Buildings (4):
    4x Barracks

The idea is to massively stack your barracks by deploying a lot of humans. Then get the kills by using blinding light or town portal. I chose NOT to go for the 6 magic effects, although good, they take tempo out of the game, and as a result you will not create the massive stacks early on - or later. Instead there is 8 cost 1 creatures. And yes, imperial crossbow men really suck, but not in this deck. Going first you can deploy a cost 1 creature turn 1. Barracks turn 2. Going second you can deploy a cost 2 creature turn 1. And then a barracks and a cost 1 creature to get a stack size of 2.

Getting a barracks in hand is crucial, but you can do without. It is just so much stronger with barracks.

Another tip. Since you dont go beyond 3 magic, draw a lot, OR use keirans ability. It is actually really good, say use it against a goblin scout that attacked last turn- insta-kill.

UPDATE:

I made some small changes for testing purposes. I kindda like this version a bit better. Thanks for all the advice and all the feedback!

Some of the changes are suggestions from you guys:

Out:
    3x Sunrider
    1x Town Portal
    1x Imperial crossbow men

IN:
    +1 Angel protector - it is actually nice to have a beefy blocker and ability to dispell.
    (NEW) +2 Crusader Sergeant. The added damage from this guy is awesome! Thanks for tip Sjakiraa
    (new) +1 tele port. Since the opponent will try to double block lanes to prevent you from getting last damage through, they can't play around teleport. Also nice to be able to move scattershot marksman for kill.
    (new) +1 Benevolent Angel. It is nice to make your stacks untargetable and also again, a nice blocker with 6 HP.

I'm still testing and playing many different decks, but so far this deck seems like the strongest, and I use it to farm ladder points for R2P. So nice to be able to play Haven again!

Good to see Kieran rush making a comeback (I remember on one of the streams they mentioned Kieran is actually the hero with the highest win rate pre-BS2 because his ability was OP back then)
    Although I would still play with x4 Tithe Collectors instead of Crossbowman since upping Destiny just for them isn't big of an issue as your maxout (4/3/1) is relatively low anyway.
    Also I would play with maybe x2 Benevolent Angels to protect your big stack. A Blinding Light on your Barrack stack can totally render it useless so you need untargettable or add another Angel Protector. Devout Priest is a good blocker and can also protect your creatures from Blinding Light or other enchantments.
    Anyway, just a few thoughts. Faced this deck a few times and it's pretty good

Angel protector is really good in many games. In others not so much - for instance vs. Acamas. But using more than 1 is a good idea in general.

About tithers. I always use them -except in this Kieran build. Reason being that you want to go as fast to might 4 as possible for barracks. You can get to might 4 in turn 2 which makes kieran the only hero to be able to do that (in standard at least). Therefore the 1 fortune will slow you down and not bring you much. Tithers are great in early game and crap after that. Since this is a rush variant, you want all your creatures to be able to do damage.

Nice deck. Tried out something similar this afternoon with great success. its surprisingly resilient even if the initial rush is blunted, once you have multiple Barracks down playing a couple of humans a turn keeps the board full of threats.

Played open by mistake, got a heck of a shock when the op dropped The Forbidden Flame but it held up thereafter really well against a barrage of board wipes.

Stoneofhelp's Avatar Senior Member
    Awesome deck!! I agree about tithe collectors (leave them out, 1 destiny is a big deal for rushing)

Here blinding light gives a permanent free lane for my barracks Push 6 damage though this turn

Sameji246's Avatar Member
    I'm losing horribly to any deck with a lot of AoE spells. And Stronghold.

Originally Posted by Sameji246 Go to original post
    I'm losing horribly to any deck with a lot of AoE spells. And Stronghold.
    AOE can be a problem - especially in case of stronghold as they have high HP creatures that survive the AOE and thus have board control where you may have lost all your creatures. Bloodlust decks can be a problem as you will fuel their rage. On the other hand, I find Acamas a good matchup. Just make sure to deploy your barracks away from their creatures to give them room to grow.

Originally Posted by Stoneofhelp Go to original post
    Awesome deck!! I agree about tithe collectors (leave them out, 1 destiny is a big deal for rushing)

Here blinding light gives a permanent free lane for my barracks Push 6 damage though this turn

Thanks man. Nice picture. Not only do you get 6 damage through, you will have a big stack size AND draw 2 extra cards due to events

i dont know i dont like decks which focus on winning as fast a possible with low board control after boad wipes and i dont think this suits heaven very good, also playing the stackables without garrison is somewhat strange and what do u do if u get an unlucky draw without a barracks in the first turns, just give up? i know its good and i also use it but i woudnt rely that much on it, also i wound never play without tithes and the crowbowman is really bad, the whole decks relies on barracks, the crossbowman does, the hero does,

I'm sure it can work but can go very wrong also

banduan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MoritzBradtke Go to original post
    i dont know i dont like decks which focus on winning as fast a possible with low board control after boad wipes and i dont think this suits heaven very good, also playing the stackables without garrison is somewhat strange and what do u do if u get an unlucky draw without a barracks in the first turns, just give up? i know its good and i also use it but i woudnt rely that much on it, also i wound never play without tithes and the crowbowman is really bad, the whole decks relies on barracks, the crossbowman does, the hero does,

I'm sure it can work but can go very wrong also
    It does rely a lot on the rax, but I don't think they necessarily need to come out that early. I do find the use of Crossbowmen really cute tho.

I'm not sure how you'd try to fight spell rush.

Garrisons are the right choice to omit. They are purely a combo card and they work with only 8 cards in the deck. If in the next expansion Haven gets another stack critter, Garrisons would be awesome.

Tithes are also rightly omitted. Whatever acceleration they give you they take away by forcing you to up Destiny. Better off playing Slava if you're doing that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►