fatherrock's Avatar Senior Member
    well I passed the first time on them, gotta pass this time as well.
    not into scream vocals

for the curious, here ya go

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Not familiar with them, but listening to "Walk With Me In Hell" right now. Seems decent, though not a for sure buy for me.

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    I just listened to the three. I like the guitar playing but the vocals, *whew*, that might be tough to ignore.

Carl

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    Dan,

I understand when you say you don't want to confirm the answer when people just throw names up early on.

But, people came up with Lamb Of God early on, not by guessing, but by using your clues.

They got Jan Hus, Burning the Priest thus Lamb of God.

Whilst they didn't go thru the whole puzzle you designed, they did use your clues to get the right answer.

Just because they didn't go all the way through your maze,they still found the exit, to use an analogy.

Anyway, this is one of those bands whose singer, and I use that word very loosely, detracts so much from otherwise likeable music that it's too painful to put up with, so people pass. Might get it and try to ignore the vocals, but it's hard with LoG

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Awesome, Laid to Rest is an amazing riff

I don't even like the band that much lol

I was hoping to get back home and post in the thread before it was solved. I was going to say that the close up shot of the horrified onlookers was a reference to everyone seeing the video of me performing Josie and the Pussycats songs in the appropriate costume.

This pack really depends on the song selection for me, but it's more likely I will get it than not.

elemenohpenc's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Moodyblues57 Go to original post
    Screamo metal with sacrilegious undertones?
    If this is a question about LOG, the answer is no.

I've never been a huge LOG fan but, I've listened to most of their albums... not much replay value for me. Honestly, I'm not even familiar with all of these songs... look forward to playing these. I'm sure their guitarists will give us a workout this week!

EDIT: all the people commenting about the vocals, I understand. to be fair though, Randy has some of the best annunciation in metal. I can understand almost every word he bellows out... lyrics aren't really important to me but, I've got to give this guy credit for making sure that his words aren't just growls but have pronounced vowels and consonants.

I doubt it'll happen but, I REALLY hope that these tracks are uncensored... specifically Laid To Rest. the radio edit used on GH was really obnoxious. the f-bombs are placed at an awkward spot to be simply edited out. lyric replacing? i'd be okay with that... just not the hard edits.

Just listened to Ghost Walking... that solo sounds awesome.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    Dan,

I understand when you say you don't want to confirm the answer when people just throw names up early on.

But, people came up with Lamb Of God early on, not by guessing, but by using your clues.

Whilst they didn't go thru the whole puzzle you designed, they did use your clues to get the right answer.

Just because they didn't go all the way through your maze,they still found the exit, to use an analogy.
    There were several guesses related to Jan Hus that were incorrect as well. There was more information to be found and that's what I was waiting for.

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    Dan,

There were several guesses related to Jan Hus that were incorrect as well. There was more information to be found and that's what I was waiting for.

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    I REALLY hope that these tracks are uncensored... specifically Laid To Rest. the radio edit used on GH was really obnoxious. the f-bombs are placed at an awkward spot to be simply edited out. lyric replacing? i'd be okay with that... just not the hard edits.
    Sorry to dash your hope on this one, but you should expect edited tracks. Remember, we're not just making this for one territory. There are stricter rules for content ratings in different parts of the world. It makes the most sense for us to make the track once and send it out everywhere. We want to be a game that any guitarist of any age can play in front of their family, worldwide. It's about context.

Of course, there's more to a song than its most aggressive lyric, and we use those edited versions with the artist's awareness and permission. If they didn't find that acceptable in this context, they wouldn't give us the license, let alone the radio edit of the song itself.

Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    I REALLY hope that these tracks are uncensored... specifically Laid To Rest. the radio edit used on GH was really obnoxious. the f-bombs are placed at an awkward spot to be simply edited out. lyric replacing? i'd be okay with that... just not the hard edits.
    Sorry to dash your hope on this one, but you should expect edited tracks. Remember, we're not just making this for one territory. There are stricter rules for content ratings in different parts of the world. It makes the most sense for us to make the track once and send it out everywhere. We want to be a game that any guitarist of any age can play in front of their family, worldwide. It's about context.

Of course, there's more to a song than its most aggressive lyric, and we use those edited versions with the artist's awareness and permission. If they didn't find that acceptable in this context, they wouldn't give us the license, let alone the radio edit of the song itself.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Moodyblues57 Go to original post
    Screamo metal with sacrilegious undertones?
    LOL, are you trying to give me flashbacks to when my mom found the Ozzy cassette I bought back in high school?

And just because we're all about learning about music here...... screamo is emo music combined with a screaming vocalist. Metal is musically pretty different, even though it might also contain very aggressive or screaming vocals.

Example of a screamo band (wait for the chorus when he starts singing about how lost and broken-hearted he is....)