OLeg i found FW190As in AEP are overheat very easyly.did you make any change on this in AEP?

OLeg i found FW190As in AEP are overheat very easyly.did you make any change on this in AEP?

The 190 certainly seems to overheat quicker, especially compared to planes like the Spitfire, P-63, etc.

Also, Oleg could you please look at if the 190's gunsight is getting knocked out too frequently/easily. I LOVE the new complex DM (can't thank you enough for this), but the gunsight seems to get knocked out ALOT.

Thanks again for everything, truly amazing work.

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HQ1:
    OLeg i found FW190As in AEP are overheat very easyly.did you make any change on this in AEP?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have no changes in modeling of engines for FW-190s. It is the same as in 1.22

CHDT's Avatar Senior Member
    In real life, the 190A, and especially the early variants, overheated fast, even Tank acknowledged that in his scribings. It was only really solved with the A-5.

Cheers,

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    If the overheating is happening while in a dogfight where the enemy is forcing you to turn or climb a lot then that will reduce your speed and so the amount of air flowing over your air-cooled engine. The engine itself will also be torqued more which also raises internal heat. You only have to average a certain amount slower at high power to get all of that.

In the meantime, the Spitfires are very good at turns and pitching up maneuvers. Very easy to fly and very easy to bring onto targets. And that's just the plain Vb! Don't turn with them at all! Fly straight through with only slight change in angles and then only if you have a shot. Keep it short and get out fast. Don't turn till you are well clear. With a team, one group can hit while the other extends. If any Spits try and follow then they become targets in turn, they have to run somewhat straight to get chase speed or make shots. Still, beware of setups! Didn't the Abbeville Boys pick their engagements?

Neal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HQ1:
    OLeg i found FW190As in AEP are overheat very easyly.did you make any change on this in AEP?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have no changes in modeling of engines for FW-190s. It is the same as in 1.22<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was also said that the A-9 was never touched and it certainly seems better in AEP . I'm sorry but the 190's certainly seem to overheat much quicker, I'll test some stuff another time. Still, just flying planes back to back will make it obvious that there are HUGE differences in overheat times. Oh well, whatever will be will be. It seems Oleg is just getting annoyed so I'll just forget about it.

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

First of all I wasn't lazy and I checked myself.

1. They overheats as it was in 1.22.
    2. With open cowls ("Radiator") on maximal power it is not overheats even 25 min of flight. More time had not time to check
    3. In CEM all works as it was in 1.22. Just Auto/Closed - works as it is only Closed. Why? See item 4.
    4. Not using CEM: Position auto/closed nopw works only as closed. Because historically corect is that FW-190A/F/G had not automatic control of cowls ("radiator") but had only manual. I asked my programmer to make it very long time ago, but it was done just now.

I hope the "problem" solved?

a8 and a9 climb same 5000m, that has not change

[This message was edited by Skalgrim on Fri March 05 2004 at 06:17 AM.]

LOL, Oleg, you gotta document these curve balls you throw at us! I was gonna call BS on your time to overheat till you explained Close/Auto means closed. I suppose this works this way for the Ta-152 also, because that aircraft seems to overheat exceptionally easy like the Fw-190 A's and D's.

"A6? Will be A6!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►