AC4 Didn't save over 8 hours of gameplay ... I WANT MY TIME BACK.

I have no clue if it was the features of U play that didn't read my saves and I wasn't in offline mode. I had been jumping back and forth from using the internet and coming back in game to continue play. The auto save option occurred several times. My steam account says I played for 8 hours and when I jumped in game it says I'm at 1% on u play and im at the original ****ing animus cut scene. Is there some additional save option I didn't see in game? I seriously had upgraded a ton on my ship. Various things on Edward. Hunted a ton and specifically took my time to seek out entire animus tokens and chests in various city's I had reached. This setback pisses me off. How do I know this wont happen again?

I will say I was having a blast. The game is super fun I just don't want to have to do the first 8 hours again... Is there anything that can be done? I'm assuming not...

Did you use cheats? Because then the game won't save.

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Were you online when you played? - if so, try playing again - or if you where offline / cloud saves disabled may help.

www.support.ubi.com - if you have further issues.

I did not use cheats. At one point a option appeared telling me you can use them but it wont save. Secondly. I was just told to turn off cloud saves. Which there should be information on this at the start. I was online and tabing out of game play to check e-mails. I saw it save several times. Now I have to go threw the hours of tedious intro's all over again when I finally was free to enjoy the sandbox...

I've encountered pretty much preciseley the same problem, but I wasn't tabbing out of my game at all whilst playing. After nine hours of gameplay I've been booted right back to start. I even have the achievements to prove that I at least completed sequence 3.

Exiousa's Avatar Member
    Same for me, I just completed chapter 3 so onto 4 now, my achievements has this listed, opened the game up this morning and I am back to about 2 missions before the end of chapter 3!

It is a fun game, but this particular glitch could get very annoying if it persists, I thought it was just a one off glitch, but I noticed it before when I had to repeat one island that I cleared, just from normal discovery, not part of the story quests ...

I think have encountered this problem too, because I lost two hours of game playing after it said ingame: Using CHEATS can be very interesting but will not save the game, I did not think at that moment that I had enabled the CHEATS so went on playing... But afterwards it was lost.... kind of crappy not but for the future, does anyone knows which keyboard combinations you should avoid? Because I dont want this to happen in the middle of a mission or something LOL

Exiousa's Avatar Member
    Not sure it is a combination or not, I think you have to just go into the various menus and enable it, guess we need to see if happens more often or not! :-S

Well lets hope we don't lose whole chunks of game as that can be annoying if it keeps repeating!

YES, I lost my progress in game too, about 6-8 hours. Still online and no game save. Olmost full upgraded ship, long time farming. THANK YOU UBISOFT :-(