will the ocean in SH3 be more lively ? because in SH2 the ocean was empty...
    Can we have fish, plants(seaweed) and a significant relief pleeeaaaasse ?

will the ocean in SH3 be more lively ? because in SH2 the ocean was empty...
    Can we have fish, plants(seaweed) and a significant relief pleeeaaaasse ?

I hope so, would be great to see at least some seagulls from time to time

Ocean bottom terrain,would increase imersion; subs would go deep, settle to the bottom,stoped quietly to blend in with ledges & other sea floor terrain.To avoid detection, from sound reflection

wouldn't hurt for the sub to throw up some "dust" if you settle on the sea bed..perhaps a bit of that screen shake from the video..

Are there any stories about U-Boats sitting on the sea floor to avoid detection - did it happen in real life?

Would probably depend on the depth of the seabed. As most of the ocean floor is below the crush depth of submarines, only the shallow places could be used as cover.

Oh yeah, see the fishes and some plants would be very realistic and greatly beatiful, man!

Fish and plants on the ocean floor might be beautiful, but being able to see outside the sub while submerged is NOT realistic.

Taxes are never levied for the benefit of the taxed.

I am also voting for ocean terrain. In SH2 ocean floor is one enormous sand beach. Therefore I can lay my UBoot on the ground without danger of damaging my rudder, screws or diving planes. This is not realistic. There should be some mechanical hazards like rocks in executing this maneuvers. It would also add to realism should we have crevices where the UBoot can stuck or reap her belly open while trying to lay aground.
    Yet this is working only when we have freedom of travel. If our missions are canned (and it looks like it in SH3) and we are allowed to control the boat only somewhere in the middle of Atlantic, geography of the ocean floor becomes a moot point.

OK. Forget about terrain! Just simple debris of the war!!! Destroyed or deliberately sunk scows littering the ocean floor in shallow waters. The hazards of this debris should increase as the war progress. Yet again, to feel consequences of debris laying straight on you route, YOU have to navigate the boat - not some canned mission engine.

Bruno Lotse
    U45

[This message was edited by Bruno_Lotse on Tue May 18 2004 at 06:43 PM.]