Why we need a morally dark assassin

throughout the assassins creed franchise, the story has always went the same basic route of putting you in the shoes of an assassin slaying the corrupt Templars one by one. yet this whole time Ubisoft has clung to the idea that both the assassins and Templars both mean well and are both good and bad in different ways, in my view though the assassins are easily given the title of the good guys. but this isn't what ubisoft had in mind. we are supposed to be questioning ourselves constantly what side we think is right........... but we don't. I mean who honestly thinks the Templars views are more righteous or better than the assassins? anyone? what we need is the unthinkable. a branch of assassins that are corrupt and view the creed similarly to altiar at the beginning of AC1 , but like ten times worse. it would be a cool factor to play as a dark antihero assassin that kills Templars, and enjoys it extremely. And the character believing anything is permitted will kill any who stand in his or her way. or to play as a Templar hunting down this assassin branch. this type of story will really get us to question what side we stand on. what type of character would you guys like to see in the future!

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Not gonna lie. I thought this was gonna be a #weneedablackassassin thread and I had my Adewale picture ready.

But I agree all the way. We need "bad guy" assassins. Assassins that want Freedumz and will use loopholes in the creed to get it in anyway possible.

And TBH I think both Assassins and Templars ideologies are kind of nutty. Maybe cuz I'm a person who believes in moderate amounts of things. Moderate freedumz and controlz

Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Not gonna lie. I thought this was gonna be a #weneedablackassassin thread and I had my Adewale picture ready.

But I agree all the way. We need "bad guy" assassins. Assassins that want Freedumz and will use loopholes in the creed to get it in anyway possible.

And TBH I think both Assassins and Templars ideologies are kind of nutty. Maybe cuz I'm a person who believes in moderate amounts of things. Moderate freedumz and controlz
    lol need to work on my titles then!

GreySkellig's Avatar Member
    I'm all for increased greyness--the direction I thought we were headed after AC3's nuanced Templars and frequently rage-fueled Connor. A morally ambiguous Assassin would be a good counterpoint to the Templar game a lot of people expect Comet to be. The trick in both cases, of course, would be writing the character with believable and compelling nuance--something with which the series has occasionally struggled.

@Mayrice--I was ready for the same thing. Every time somebody complains about diversity in AC, it makes Aveline sad.

"You all forgot me so quickly"

Why not let us play as not just a templar or an assassin at one point...

...but an ordinary soldier caught up in the mix?

and you kill people from both sides.

Infinite moral grayness!!

Edit:

woah, Deja vu

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Somebody definitely missed out on Assassin's Creed 3, IV, and Freedom Cry...

Originally Posted by Fatal-Feit Go to original post
    Somebody definitely missed out on Assassin's Creed 3, IV, and Freedom Cry...
    It wasn't clear to the masses the assassins from those games were morally dark. The only one that is even implied to be in the wrong is Edward IMO. But in the end he's still cheered by the fans as doing justice.

It should be clearer.

Not musatche twirly though.

Just....the mustache is starting to grow...

poptartz20's Avatar Senior Member
    Ohhh! I would love to see this. . . That one Assassin that takes things just a little to far to prove his point or to show that his way is the right way and uses the creed to back up his convictions. In a sense we got that with Edward, he morally didn't care about the creed or assassins or templars at first as long as he got some coin. He just wasn't DARK enough.

I love characters like that, they have so much depth to them!

GreySkellig's Avatar Member
    I think the key difference between this idea and somebody like Edward is that he is amoral, in the sense that he's just doing whatever he wants to line his pockets. Whereas a really dark assassin would be one who does totally twisted things out of a desire to serve justice. The one who is a little too willing to cross the line to bring down those who are (or who are perceived to be) evil. Slowly descending into the same darkness he set out to fight.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...FightsMonsters

I'd really love to see this. I kind of hoped AC3 would go there--goodness knows Connor was sufficiently angry and misguided--and to be honest you can still interpret it that way to an extent. But yeah...an assassin who bends and breaks the code, abandoning honor in the pursuit of his quarry...that would be interesting indeed.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    It wasn't clear to the masses the assassins from those games were morally dark. The only one that is even implied to be in the wrong is Edward IMO. But in the end he's still cheered by the fans as doing justice.

It should be clearer.

Not musatche twirly though.

Just....the mustache is starting to grow...
    What OP wants are for the Assassins to not be completely righteous and white-knighted(like the goodie two shoes in AC:2, AC:B, and AC:R), not evil for the sake of it. That was something very prominent in AC:3 and AC:IV. You had conflicted protagonists fighting against Templar who were arguably more virtuous and right-minded.

As for the request for a psychotic serial-killer that would kill anyone who stood in his path, I dig it. It'd be like playing a game about Haytham as an Assassin.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last ►►