LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member

McFarlane Arno figure

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/...able-this-fall

Apparently they're launching a whole new line of these. Disappointingly enough, they all come with unlock codes for digital content. As I don't intend to buy any of the figures, hopefully they'll be included in the freaking Season Pass this time

That's one thing that really bugs the hell out of me about recent Ubisoft games; there's so much exclusive content all over the place it's next to impossible to get a "complete" copy of the game.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member

But yes nice figure

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    who cares about a weapon skin.

Fatal-Feit's Avatar Senior Member
    HELL YES!

Revelations Ezio, Altair, and Arno!!! Can't wait to pick those up.

--------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Loyal about the digital content. It's a nice reward and all, but it keeps 95% of the players from feeling like they have the complete package. You'll literally have to spend about 300$+ to get the complete game. And as a collector, I don't like to open the box so I won't be able to enjoy the codes either.

The Haytham color outfit for Edward (which I really, really, REALLY want) never got released for AC4 outside of the figurine code, so I doubt that I'm fine with those being timed exclusives, but there's ever so slightly increasing amount of things that people can't get. Heck, I even created a thread about it, voicing my concerns about stuff like what's going to happen with community challenges rewards when they're no longer supported, how people are gonna get them? (Ubi keeps promising for a new cycle of challenges, ok, but after that? These challenges have to be kept constant, otherwise just release the content and be done with it).

They look decent but still not enough to convince me to buy them.

I used to see a few sellers who only collect the figures then they sell all the codes for a fraction of the cost (ex: $24 for all ulcs). But that price is still outrageous for a few pieces of digital content

edit: thanks for sharing loyalacfan. B)

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post

This is so true it hurts.

Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    who cares about a weapon skin.
    It's the principle, Jexx. If I pay for the game and the bloody Season Pass to boot (nearly $100 sunk into the game already), you're damn right I care about all the weapon skins, outfits, and dyes. I'm not buying AC toys, I just want the full f***ing game I paid for. You shouldn't have to buy eight action figures and a statuette to get everything the game has to offer, it's just an anti-consumer business practice. "Oh, you want the sword that goes on that empty rack there? Sorry, but you'll need to buy the Aveline action figure to get that. Empty slot on the spear rack? That comes with the Ah Tabai figure. What's that? You're missing the outfit shown in the reveal teaser? It seems you'll need to purchase the Fearless Assassin statue to get it."

This skin costs pretty much 20 bucks.

I want it, but to get it I need to pay 15 bucks for the toy and 5 bucks for delivery. At the least. If I wanted the toy, fine, no problem, but I don't, I want that skin, and there's no other way to get it. I love Ubisoft, but the huge distribution of content between tons of little different things really annoys me.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    This is so true it hurts.

It's the principle, Jexx. If I pay for the game and the bloody Season Pass to boot (nearly $100 sunk into the game already), you're damn right I care about all the weapon skins, outfits, and dyes. I'm not buying AC toys, I just want the full f***ing game I paid for. You shouldn't have to buy eight action figures and a statuette to get everything the game has to offer, it's just an anti-consumer business practice. "Oh, you want the sword that goes on that empty rack there? Sorry, but you'll need to buy the Aveline action figure to get that. Empty slot on the spear rack? That comes with the Ah Tabai figure. What's that? You're missing the outfit shown in the reveal teaser? It seems you'll need to purchase the Fearless Assassin statue to get it."
    tbh I don't really care if they decide to plug exclusive weapon skins or outfit dyes into some toy. I only really care about getting things actually relevant to gameplay and missions.

SHADOWGARVIN's Avatar Senior Member
    Will these figurines be avaliable in Europe?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►