🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

error code [1-0x00000202]

Keep getting this error code now with Watch Dogs. Fine upto last week now today it starts this nonsense.

error, code, [1-0x00000202].

Im getting really annoyed now by this and i am very close to chucking it in the bin. So please help.

CptSkyBear's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Start by testing your network connection with the following steps:

1. Start at the PS3 XMB.
    2. Scroll to Settings.
    3. Choose Network Settings.
    4. Select Internet Connection Test.

If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3, then you will most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers..

There are three possible NAT types

Open NAT (Green)
    - Open NAT has no restrictions and will be able to connect with any other players.

Moderate NAT (Orange)
    - Moderate NAT will have some restrictions and will be unable to communicate or play with users with a strict NAT.

Strict NAT (Red)
    - Strict NAT may not be able to join or communicate in certain game sessions. Average matchmaking wait times will be affected.

If your NAT type is moderate or strict, please try the steps below:

1. Restart your network hardware. Turn off your PS3, Modem, and Router and wait about 15 - 30 seconds
    2. Fully power up your modem
    3. Fully power up your router
    4. Turn on your PS3 and test the network connection again

At this point if you still have trouble then you may have a firewall interfering with your connection. Please configure the following network ports and enable UPnP through your router.

PlayStation Network Required Ports:
    UDP: 3658, 9103, 11000, 11001, 11002, 11005
    UDP: 3478-3479
    TCP: 80, 443, 5223

Finally, if this does not solve your problem, try establishing a direct connection to your modem (bypass the router) and retry.

I keep getting this error also. It is ONLY happening with my Ubisoft games. All of my other games connect to their respective servers/services just fine. If the services are down due to maintenance their should be a notice or something so we don't think that our systems/internet is broken.

My console has a direct connection to the router via CAT5 cable, and all need ports are open.

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey kender42, if you're still experiencing this, can you create a ticket with your ports? Comment the ticket number below so I can look into it. Thanks!

O servidor não funciona mais?

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by XIII_BR Go to original post
    O servidor não funciona mais?
    Hi XIII_BR, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for reaching out! I'm afraid that we're only able to provide support in English on these forums. Would you be able to translate your issue for me, in order for me to assist you further?

Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in your native language, you're welcome to contact us on our website regarding the issue. Thank you!

[PS3] error code [1-0x00000202]

when I go to play online services this error always appears: [PS3] error code [1-0x00000202]. Please resolve this error.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey karga-celso,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

Have you completed any of the steps in the post above?