Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert

Why I love AC II so much

AC II made 2009 one of my favorite years in gaming. It was the follow up to AC I--that I loved so much--it expanded upon every mechanic that AC I had and then added some. The most compelling gameplay addition for me was the faction system. It added an extra new layer to infiltration and stealth and I liked that every faction was not just a reskin, each faction provided a different type of distraction, sure it was just aesthetic but great nonetheless.
    Another addition was the new side content. From tombs to Glyphs, it was always entertaining. the tombs were timed platforming puzzles and each felt different from the other one--lots of history and lore in each tomb too which provided for satisfaction in Gameplay and narrative aspects.
    The Glyphs provided insight to the bigger picture of the Templar-Assassin war, it was a conspiracy theorist's wettest dream come true--the puzzles were smart and varied and that made it all 20 puzzles nothing short of compelling.

The mission design is extremely varied, you wont find a set-up similar to another, except in a couple of instances which is okay considering the scale of the game. this is a huge step up from AC I that sadly only had a non-varied mission set up, everything felt too similar.
    A progression system that I loved so much was the Villa system, it was fairly simple but had a great impact visually. you'd watch as the Villa slowly revived again--weather change, buildings cleaned and opened up...etc. You felt a connection to this small town, it became your baby.

The story of AC II felt like an adventure, a long journey--not many games sadly give me this feeling of epicness and grandness. You meet lots of characters on your way who assist you in various different ways. A tale of revenge turned into fight for justice, you can slowly watch the conflict of the tale shift from this to that as you kill one Templar after the other.
    Ezio as a character was at the center of this progression, you watched him as he turned from a rich playboy to Master Assassin who fights for the Brotherhood. the shifts in his personality felt organic enough to not warrant a complete change and just enough to feel progression of the character--you can hear it, see it and feel it as you progress through the narrative.

The setting choice was wise from Ubi, a large shift from the first game would make players feel comfortable knowing that they're playing a completely new game. Venice's moistness, Florence's warmness--every city felt different and every city looked beautiful complimented of course by the amazing soundtrack.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Nothing is true

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Everything is permitted

Tenvern's Avatar Member
    This doesn't feel very sincere to me for some reason..

sem1rek's Avatar Member

Lost bet?

Originally Posted by Tenvern Go to original post
    This doesn't feel very sincere to me for some reason..
    Why? did I say something incorrect?

SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member
    Hmm..

I wonder if someone is plotting to make a "Why I love ACIII so much" thread , as it might cause chaos? O_O;;;

Tenvern's Avatar Member
    It's not like you said anything incorrect, it's based entirely around opinions, it's just seemed a little.. unsincere.
    I enjoyed AC2 alot but I did feel the mission structure began to run a bit repetitive at times.

Besides I was under the impression you weren't a big fan of Ezio's character development, I dunno, maybe I just misinterpreted some of your posts.

Originally Posted by Tenvern Go to original post
    It's not like you said anything incorrect, it's based entirely around opinions, it's just seemed a little.. unsincere.
    I enjoyed AC2 alot but I did feel the mission structure began to run a bit repetitive at times.

Besides I was under the impression you weren't a big fan of Ezio's character development, I dunno, maybe I just misinterpreted some of your posts.
    If you'd notice, I never mention the things i disliked about Ezio's character development such as his logical social direction in terms interaction with others
    I also never talked about how all the characters suck...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►