🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by danielf567 Go to original post
    Really? I'd be hard pressed to pay money for something that's already in the game?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_Head_(band)

ftr, Paul retweeted this on June 28th

https://twitter.com/w1lko/status/482984269703561216

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh. There's a band called Machine Head? I feel stupid now

Then again, I don't do metal, so it's hardly surprising I haven't heard of them.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by MentokMindTkr Go to original post
    I was hearing Watt as What & katydid as Katy did so it might be "What Katy did" [...] the Libertines song "What Katie Did" from the Libertines album so I'm thinking that ceestewart's original guess was correct
    Mentok, you are on a roll. Yes, it was a visual/homophone pun. Source images for Watt and Katydid. I had a fun helper clue in case nobody spotted it as a katydid, but I didn't have to use it.

But what of the "stripey" layer of the image? What does it mean? It is not random and it has relevance; it will help confirm the band. You have the answer, but you haven't solved the whole puzzle.

"What Katie Did" is one of three Libertines songs in next week's DLC, all of which are tuned to E Standard.

BTW, shared congrats to ceestewart, but I did not validate that guess because it really felt incomplete. I wanted to someone to put together the other parts, confirming that they'd actually solved the puzzle. Otherwise, every week's thread would just be a list of band names with question marks after them.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by MentokMindTkr Go to original post
    I was hearing Watt as What & katydid as Katy did so it might be "What Katy did" [...] the Libertines song "What Katie Did" from the Libertines album so I'm thinking that ceestewart's original guess was correct
    Mentok, you are on a roll. Yes, it was a visual/homophone pun. Source images for Watt and Katydid. I had a fun helper clue in case nobody spotted it as a katydid, but I didn't have to use it.

But what of the "stripey" layer of the image? What does it mean? It is not random and it has relevance; it will help confirm the band. You have the answer, but you haven't solved the whole puzzle.

"What Katie Did" is one of three Libertines songs in next week's DLC, all of which are tuned to E Standard.

BTW, shared congrats to ceestewart, but I did not validate that guess because it really felt incomplete. I wanted to someone to put together the other parts, confirming that they'd actually solved the puzzle. Otherwise, every week's thread would just be a list of band names with question marks after them.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

So, since I never guess correctly, my being sure that it was Machinehead put the kibosh on the possibility! OK, I am absolutely, 100% positive that the DLC for 7/15 will NOT be The Moody Blues.

I have to admit that What Katie Did is catchy in a Chelsea Dagger kind of way. Who knows, I may break the 1990 purchase barrier this week.

In other news, I started playing The Shins For a Fool yesterday, and am enjoying it as well.

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Libertines? Never heard of them!

...But "What Katy Did" is pretty catchy.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    No credit needed. I threw out a guess based purely on shaky insect identification and hope.

Originally Posted by Steel_Nirvana Go to original post
    Libertines? Never heard of them!

...But "What Katy Did" is pretty catchy.
    My feelings exactly. And Kate Moss bouncing around to the song is definitely not hard on the eyes.

Dmonster4's Avatar Banned
    I wish I had never heard of The Libertines, but living in the UK, I have had the unfortunate fortune of hearing Pete Doherty's 'dulcet' tones and for that reason alone, this week is a MAHOOSIVE miss for me!

I guess I'll just get some older DLC!

Libertines? Another pass for me...