SteveREMfan's Avatar Junior Member

bnExtra Lessons

[QUOTE=The_Working_Man;10096983]Has there been any consideration of releasing guitar exercises as dlc 'songs?' Since there'd be no licensing or rights involved, maybe a tracker could pretty cheaply and quickly make a pack of different exercises for strumming, finger dexterity, legato, arpeggios, or other techniques. If the 100% speed was quite fast, then users could slow them down in RR and gradually build up the speed and difficulty as they got better.QUOTE]

This is an excellent suggestion. I've been augmenting my RS play with You-tube "lessons" for this type of thing. I'd love to see these types of exercises outside of the guitarcade.

Mycall1983's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by elemenohpenc Go to original post
    http://blog.ubi.com/rocksmith-2014-song-request/

it was already posted cool little infographic.

surprised to see that Bullet For My Valentine was in the top 40 requested bands.
    Is this up to date?

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mycall1983 Go to original post
    Is this up to date?
    I think it is about a year old.

"Data taken from the Request-a-Song app over a 12-month period between spring 2013 and spring 2014"

Mycall1983's Avatar Member
    Would be awesome just to have an update in 2016 the list has changed a lot!

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

Cross Motley Crue off as well

Honoring the Prince

Dan,

I'm sure you've received multiple requests, however; in light of recent events, may we at least have confirmation that Ubisoft is at least working toward acquiring some of Prince's music for Rocksmith2014? Not asking for an specific dates as I understand the related difficulty. Just curios if you all are working toward it.

Yerbatera's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    SONG REQUEST & SELECTION FAQ

We love it when fans see that last one and say “How could that possibly be true?!” By all means, if you feel like telling your favorite artist "Hey, I'd love to play your music in Rocksmith” through fan channels, that’d be great. The artist may not agree, of course, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks for sharing Dan Too bad we can't have a complete ranking list but I understand why this can't be.

Just one question. If I ask my favorite artist if he was approached by Rocksmith to be part of the adventure and he tells me "not at all but I would love to be part of it", can I tell him to get in contact with you and you will gladly take his songs under consideration? Even if there are not 4 million song requests for this particular artist? I know that the artist I'm thinking of is not against music games as he had some songs in Rockband which I love to play on the drums (still no plans to include drums into Rocksmith? Really love your game and would love to play it on the drums too, but I guess the answer is no).

Any chance we'll see a new infographic for 2016? Love those.

Polls

Wouldn't it be a great idea if there was some sort of poll where other users could vote on particular songs? That way it's easier for you guys to see what most people want and what most people would want to buy. If there already is something like that, then please send the link to me

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DearerBasilisk Go to original post
    Wouldn't it be a great idea if there was some sort of poll where other users could vote on particular songs? That way it's easier for you guys to see what most people want and what most people would want to buy. If there already is something like that, then please send the link to me
    As you fill out the form, you'll see bands and songs populate as you type, so that will count as a vote. Works already that way, plus you get to type what you want.