Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Is it suitable for the game?
    We have to be confident that the song will work well in the game in order to pursue it. First, it needs to have enough guitar parts that are interesting to play. Those guitar parts need to be fun and varied and interesting enough for guitarists of wide-ranging abilities. We try to avoid any special effects or uncommon techniques that can’t be represented using our interface. We also need to be sure that there aren’t any weird audio or tuning issues that will cause us any problems.
    Aww, no Peter Frampton?

Originally Posted by Greenbrick2 Go to original post
    Aww, no Peter Frampton?
    Nor Rocky Mountain Way.

Dan, I was wondering how the team feels about prog. The Rush pack is one of my favorites and is very fun to play, and it probably sold very well. Some of Iron Maiden's later stuff can also (arguably) be referred to as prog. Without actually requesting any songs in particular (I already did that ) have you guys given much though to prog in general? Both Dream Theater and Symphony X have songs that range from easy to extremely difficult, but prog is known for its time signature changes, which keeps the song fresh throughout. The only problem I see is that prog songs are usually very long. I don't expect to see 2112 or Octavarium in the game any time soon.

So yeah, I was wondering what thoughts you had about prog, since I think its often gets overlooked.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    This is so amazing Dan! Thank you for putting it together.

Hey Dan!
    Very helpful post & much appreciated.

Given that the second biggest reason a song is not released is that the audio master is not available, would it be possible to let us know which songs we're never going to see? That way we won't waste our or your time by requesting something that's never going to show

Or are there alternate means to get a track developed if the master has been lost/destroyed?

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by np2091 Go to original post
    Dan, I was wondering how the team feels about prog. The Rush pack is one of my favorites and is very fun to play, and it probably sold very well. Some of Iron Maiden's later stuff can also (arguably) be referred to as prog. Without actually requesting any songs in particular (I already did that ) have you guys given much though to prog in general? Both Dream Theater and Symphony X have songs that range from easy to extremely difficult, but prog is known for its time signature changes, which keeps the song fresh throughout. The only problem I see is that prog songs are usually very long. I don't expect to see 2112 or Octavarium in the game any time soon.

So yeah, I was wondering what thoughts you had about prog, since I think its often gets overlooked.
    I'd love to see some prog. Not sure I could ever play it. Almost seems like we need to conspire to pick a few top songs and all request them, rather than each person just requesting their favorites. But perhaps that would be frowned upon...

Also need to make sure (I imagine) to request songs without long keyboard solos where there's no guitar!

Julian-Mince's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    quick question

was next weeks song clue buried somewhere in all this (informative :-D)
    discourse ?
    I think it's going to be a bumper 40 pack with one song from each of the most requested artists. You read it here first folks! :-)

Good

Nice read,however there is a couple things here:1-Say I want the album version of some song rather than the single which is very different ,if I dont mention that on the app I might end up getting the single I dont like instead of the track I do want,that is why some specificity could be helpful me thinks and 2-Why cant we have some numbers about DLC sales at all?I mean,the record industry does SCREAM what record went gold and when or double platinum or whatever,why would that be an issue with RS?It d be interesting I believe.Anyway thanks for the work,your surf pack immediately got you guys my money,keep it up!

kidmeatball's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by biggribbly Go to original post
    Hey Dan!
    Very helpful post & much appreciated.

Given that the second biggest reason a song is not released is that the audio master is not available, would it be possible to let us know which songs we're never going to see? That way we won't waste our or your time by requesting something that's never going to show

Or are there alternate means to get a track developed if the master has been lost/destroyed?
    Living Colour couldn't find the master tapes for Cult of Personality for Guitar Hero or Rockband (can't remember which) so they re recorded the song. Obviously not every ban would be willing or able do do the same, but it doesn't rule out a song with missing tapes.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    That was because Guitar Hero and Rock Band need Audio Stems (separated audio tracks) Rocksmith doesn't need that which allows Ubisoft to get far more interesting content without this restriction.