🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
  1. #61
    Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    888
    You or someone else should write a book about the process and how it works in a few years when maybe a few names can be named. This has been a really great thread. Thanks for the insight.
    Share this post

  2. #62
    Many thanks Dan for taking the time and effort to share this with us!

    Originally Posted by King of Sting20 Go to original post
    That way if the band said..."nah, not now" to Rocksmith when asked if they wanted to be part of the project...if they go back to that band (which Dan says they do) then Ubi can say...hey we know you said NO before but the fans are still requesting your stuff and your band is in the Top 10 of the most requested for 14 months running. Just to stroke their egos, I guess.
    I'd say it's more likely that Ubi can give them a reasonably fair estimate, backed up with numbers, as to how many downloads they would sell.

    If the band gets a percentage royalty per purchase (as per conventional music sales) this would give them a good indication of how much extra they'd earn over and above the license fee; if the band only earns a flat license fee and is asking something exorbitant, Ubi can point to the numbers to show what a reasonable fee could/should be in negotiations, although admittedly this is less helpful than the first scenario.
    Share this post

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    You can continue to request those artists, because none of us can control that part of the process.

    And votes aren't wasted anyway. There's no limit on the number of songs you can suggest. They just come in batches of three, but as other people have proven, you can request hundreds if not thousands of songs if you have the time, interest, and patience.
    Dan,
    I assume that if requests for scores of different songs by a certain band are made by only one (*cough*) or just a few people, this would carry less weight in the decision-making process than if the same amount of requests originated by many more people. Would you say that is so? Thanks.
    Share this post

  4. #64
    That graphic and information is awesome Dan - thank you very much for taking the time to share it with us.

    Now, the fact that you posted that ... I take it that's a DLC hint, so I will guess I'm Just a Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band)...I heard someone on here likes them - lol.
    Share this post

  5. #65
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Moodyblues57 Go to original post
    Dan,
    I assume that if requests for scores of different songs by a certain band are made by only one (*cough*) or just a few people, this would carry less weight in the decision-making process than if the same amount of requests originated by many more people. Would you say that is so? Thanks.
    You mean if more people request one song over another in the app, would that carry more weight? Generally, yes, but of course it's part of the process, not the only factor. We stay aware of the stuff that gets the most requests.

    403 people requesting the same song? More weight. One guy requesting the same song 403 times? Less weight.
    Share this post

  6. #66
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by Moodyblues57 Go to original post
    Dan,
    I assume that if requests for scores of different songs by a certain band are made by only one (*cough*) or just a few people, this would carry less weight in the decision-making process than if the same amount of requests originated by many more people. Would you say that is so? Thanks.
    You mean if more people request one song over another in the app, would that carry more weight? Generally, yes, but of course it's part of the process, not the only factor. We stay aware of the stuff that gets the most requests.

    403 people requesting the same song? More weight. One guy requesting the same song 403 times? Less weight.
    Share this post

  7. #67
    fatherrock's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,408
    quick question

    was next weeks song clue buried somewhere in all this (informative :-D)
    discourse ?
    Share this post

  8. #68
    pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,582
    1) What if a song has awesome guitars, but they use 5-string basses? Do you guys convert it to 4-string or skip it?

    2) since it's friday and this is the only post by Dan, I assume that next weeks DLC will be from the Top-40 list!!!
    Share this post

  9. #69
    toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    8,200
    311 uses 5 String basses
    Share this post

  10. #70
    fatherrock's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,408
    I use a 6 string bass that looks suspiciously like a guitar ...in bass simulator mode :-D


    lol Toy, checking our join dates, we have been around for like...forever
    Share this post

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    You mean if more people request one song over another in the app, would that carry more weight? Generally, yes, but of course it's part of the process, not the only factor. We stay aware of the stuff that gets the most requests.

    403 people requesting the same song? More weight. One guy requesting the same song 403 times? Less weight.
    Haha, got it Dan, thanks! I think I was making the mistake of assuming that a vote for a song by Josie and the Pussycats could also be tallied as a vote for that band in general. So, if I voted for all 400 of their songs, would that carry less weight for that band than 400 people requesting assorted songs by them? Never mind, I am confused. I've already voted for every song in the Josie and the Pussycats catalog anyway!
    Share this post