AlloysiusGrunt's Avatar Senior Member
    Dan, I am truly impressed with your efforts to bring as much transparency to this process as possible. Thank you, and the rest of the Rocksmith Team, for this.

King of Sting20's Avatar Banned
    Just saw this...and I am board with everyone that said thanks!

This is simply perfect and should end any and all questions. In fact, this should not just be Stickied...it should be part of the process of registering for the forums. Please read this before you are allowed to post. Somehow, I am sure we would still get posts requesting songs.. those damn Jem and the Holograms fans will never learn!

Oh and most requested...Thrilled that Dire Straits was in there!

But to me the surprise was Scorpions...DEFINITELY NOT COMPLAINING...just didn't expect em in there.

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Kind of an odd thought. Now that we know the top 40 requested bands, and the fact that they've all been contacted, does it make sense to not request them anymore? Why waste our 'votes' on bands that either are already in the pipeline or not likely to ever be approved?

King of Sting20's Avatar Banned
    I do believe that Dan said that one request per song for your "fav" band is what would count.

So, if you are requesting B sides of your favorite artists...I would probably say go for it. That way if the band said..."nah, not now" to Rocksmith when asked if they wanted to be part of the project...if they go back to that band (which Dan says they do) then Ubi can say...hey we know you said NO before but the fans are still requesting your stuff and your band is in the Top 10 of the most requested for 14 months running. Just to stroke their egos, I guess.

Pure speculation on my part though.

Sh^t...I request a different Dire Straits and Tom Petty song every week, their catalogs are so large...it's not hard and I like most of their work

Edit: I don't ever request Tool...because...well that is NEVER gonna happen. Kinda feel the same way about Metallica.

BazzTard61's Avatar Banned
    great insight Dan, thanks

next, i'd like a 'How Sony Eu manage to F#CK up DLC releases" blog )

daddy_felix's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    next, i'd like a 'How Sony Eu manage to F#CK up DLC releases" blog )
    oh yes, that one would be very interesting as well

Julian-Mince's Avatar Member
    Thanks Dan - another excellent post. I'm with everyone else here when I say it's great that you're letting us in on the behind-the-scenes processes at Rocksmith. I reckon that you've got one of the best jobs in the world!! :-)

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by solidwhitemike Go to original post
    It didn't even occur to me that I can use the request app more than once (for different songs). I have some work to do! Lol at the guy that requested the same song 403 times. That is some dedication right there.
    Yea, I didn't either. It seems to indicate you only get to make your three suggestions and that's it. I'll have to see if I can break the other guy's record

Carl

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Are songs with profanity, like "Slayer - Criminally Insane" rejected based on that?
    No, but it's possible that no artist-approved "radio edit" exists. In that case we would have to ask for permission to alter it if we really wanted to use it.

Originally Posted by Master_Cylinder Go to original post
    Are songs with profanity, like "Slayer - Criminally Insane" rejected based on that?
    No, but it's possible that no artist-approved "radio edit" exists. In that case we would have to ask for permission to alter it if we really wanted to use it.

Originally Posted by infocat1 Go to original post
    Kind of an odd thought. Now that we know the top 40 requested bands, and the fact that they've all been contacted, does it make sense to not request them anymore? Why waste our 'votes' on bands that either are already in the pipeline or not likely to ever be approved?
    You can continue to request those artists, because none of us can control that part of the process.

And votes aren't wasted anyway. There's no limit on the number of songs you can suggest. They just come in batches of three, but as other people have proven, you can request hundreds if not thousands of songs if you have the time, interest, and patience.

Originally Posted by infocat1 Go to original post
    You can continue to request those artists, because none of us can control that part of the process.

And votes aren't wasted anyway. There's no limit on the number of songs you can suggest. They just come in batches of three, but as other people have proven, you can request hundreds if not thousands of songs if you have the time, interest, and patience.