DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Here's an imgur link for the infographic if anybody wants to pass it around as its own thing, but it's nice to have the context of the article surrounding it.

This FAQ and the infographic has been in the works for several weeks, but it grew out of a mutual desire from both the studio and the players to get more transparency. In the interim I saw a lot of people ask "So where is that data you promised" but I held out to work with the UbiBlog, as I knew we'd get a wider reach -- we're getting links from Ubisoft's official main Twitter and Facebook accounts from this today, so this will really help get the word out. But thanks for your patience and of course your interest.

And even though we said "alphabetically" I had someone assume it was a numerical ranking, and that therefore "Megadeth beat Metallica." Oof.

Here's an imgur link for the infographic if anybody wants to pass it around as its own thing, but it's nice to have the context of the article surrounding it.

This FAQ and the infographic has been in the works for several weeks, but it grew out of a mutual desire from both the studio and the players to get more transparency. In the interim I saw a lot of people ask "So where is that data you promised" but I held out to work with the UbiBlog, as I knew we'd get a wider reach -- we're getting links from Ubisoft's official main Twitter and Facebook accounts from this today, so this will really help get the word out. But thanks for your patience and of course your interest.

And even though we said "alphabetically" I had someone assume it was a numerical ranking, and that therefore "Megadeth beat Metallica." Oof.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Megadeth beats Metallica alphabetically every time. Seems the alphabet has a well known Megadeth bias, and the dictionary seems to agree with the alphabet too.. Hmm... But they both seem to like ABBA much better than both of these bands for some reason.

Great chart Dan, thanks for pulling that together.

Dan, I'm not sure if this has been asked before (if so I apologize) but are you guys open to releasing an artist version of Rocksmith, in the vein of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or The Beatles Rock Band?

Originally Posted by SynVanSambora Go to original post
    Dan, I'm not sure if this has been asked before (if so I apologize) but are you guys open to releasing an artist version of Rocksmith, in the vein of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith or The Beatles Rock Band?
    I think the team is more interested in doing one game for everybody rather than one game just for fans of one band. I won't say it's impossible, but I don't think that's where we're focusing.

Originally Posted by SynVanSambora Go to original post
    I think the team is more interested in doing one game for everybody rather than one game just for fans of one band. I won't say it's impossible, but I don't think that's where we're focusing.

gtench's Avatar Member
    Thanks Dan!
    This is very interesting. And now everyone can see the time and effort that goes into this process.
    I don't think any game company would go through all this.

Please thank everyone who work on this! It is greatly appreciated.

solidwhitemike's Avatar Member
    It didn't even occur to me that I can use the request app more than once (for different songs). I have some work to do! Lol at the guy that requested the same song 403 times. That is some dedication right there.

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Moodyblues57 Go to original post
    This definitely goes above and beyond what a vendor needs to provide its customers, and I appreciate it. Thank you, Dan. It also explains why The Moody Blues are not in the top 40 requested bands; the polling period was from Spring of 2013 until Spring of 2014, and I didn't start requesting until Spring of 2014.
    But you've made 403 requests since then, eh?

MoldyRhyme94061's Avatar Member
    Thanks Dan. You all are doing an amazing job with Rocksmith. I rarely play anything else nowadays.

Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member
    It is amazing how many of the top 40 artists we already have songs for. I guess people want more.

guitarman529's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice work Dan!! I at least have some hope because some of my favorite artist are in the Top 40.

Do you guys look at the bands that might not have been requested by alot of people but were huge in that era or genre and go after them too?

My other question is do you also look at songs from the artist and go, this song was a massive hit and try to obtain the rights? For example lets say band A has 4 albums and only one album had the most popular songs. One song is fast another one is slower and another is a ballad would still go after the ballad?

Just wondering