1. #121
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by johnpwnage99 Go to original post
    I was wondering if there were any plans for full album releases. I understand that it would take longer and have to be done sort of in the background, while the weekly dlcs are being made, but it would be cool. As long as it was by a band that I like, it would be an instant purchase for me.
    Not on the table right now. The problem of putting all your eggs in one basket is what if you're not a fan of that basket? A dozen songs from one artist vs four 3-packs from four artists of varying genres or even 3-packs within a genre from three different artists (surf rock, 70s singles, etc) gives more people a chance to find something they like. It's more likely that a big artist might get multiple packs over time.

    Originally Posted by icypineapple Go to original post
    If an artist is in the top 40 requested can we expect multiple pack releases from them?
    Not in the plans, not out of the question -- but "expect" is a tricky word anyway. We're asking for permission from those 40 artists; that does not mean you should expect that those artists will say yes. Some may simply not be interested, as the chart explains.

    Originally Posted by beakers1966 Go to original post
    So I'll just say right now that I'll spend more time requesting songs and not worrying so fervently about whether they will make the game. In short, it can't hurt to request.
    That's the best attitude we could ask for. Requests take months to fill, but when we go asking for specific songs and putting together packs, we do look at the rquest data and say "well, 120 people asked for this song and 35 people asked for this song, but only 9 people asked for this song..." That is where the requests have the most impact.

    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Has there been any consideration of releasing guitar exercises as dlc 'songs?'
    No plans for it.

    Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    love the song graph / info - can you do that with requested features? - most requested ect...
    Just keeping a word document on that so that we have the feedback when the time comes to discuss it. New game features are not coming to RS2014; any significant changes to how the game works would be saved for The Mysterious Future. If there's another installment of the series, that's when those ideas and requested features would be considered.
    Share this post

  2. #122
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by johnpwnage99 Go to original post
    I was wondering if there were any plans for full album releases. I understand that it would take longer and have to be done sort of in the background, while the weekly dlcs are being made, but it would be cool. As long as it was by a band that I like, it would be an instant purchase for me.
    Not on the table right now. The problem of putting all your eggs in one basket is what if you're not a fan of that basket? A dozen songs from one artist vs four 3-packs from four artists of varying genres or even 3-packs within a genre from three different artists (surf rock, 70s singles, etc) gives more people a chance to find something they like. It's more likely that a big artist might get multiple packs over time.

    Originally Posted by icypineapple Go to original post
    If an artist is in the top 40 requested can we expect multiple pack releases from them?
    Not in the plans, not out of the question -- but "expect" is a tricky word anyway. We're asking for permission from those 40 artists; that does not mean you should expect that those artists will say yes. Some may simply not be interested, as the chart explains.

    Originally Posted by beakers1966 Go to original post
    So I'll just say right now that I'll spend more time requesting songs and not worrying so fervently about whether they will make the game. In short, it can't hurt to request.
    That's the best attitude we could ask for. Requests take months to fill, but when we go asking for specific songs and putting together packs, we do look at the rquest data and say "well, 120 people asked for this song and 35 people asked for this song, but only 9 people asked for this song..." That is where the requests have the most impact.

    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Has there been any consideration of releasing guitar exercises as dlc 'songs?'
    No plans for it.

    Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    love the song graph / info - can you do that with requested features? - most requested ect...
    Just keeping a word document on that so that we have the feedback when the time comes to discuss it. New game features are not coming to RS2014; any significant changes to how the game works would be saved for The Mysterious Future. If there's another installment of the series, that's when those ideas and requested features would be considered.
    Share this post

  3. #123

    how can i track my song requests?

    I handed in a lot of requests and would like to know that you got them for one thing and would like to able to track them (status of song and has anybody else suggested the song before).
    does any of it possible? can I track other songs that has been requested?


    thanks.
    assaf.
    Share this post

  4. #124
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by assafnroses123 Go to original post
    I handed in a lot of requests and would like to know that you got them for one thing and would like to able to track them (status of song and has anybody else suggested the song before).
    does any of it possible? can I track other songs that has been requested?


    thanks.
    assaf.

    I don't think we'll ever offer a real-time "top 10 artists requested" because then it does two things that I see as negatives.

    One, it becomes a popularity contest game where fans who have no interest in playing RS or buying DLC will simply see "my favorite band needs to win!" Then they come in and vote vote vote but it's not representative of the actual customer base, the people who are saying "I'll buy this if you make it." It has the potential to turn into a meaningless fan fight/popularity contest if it's too public, and that doesn't give us information we need to bring out successful DLC.

    Two, the artists can see that public list too. If we're asking Josie & the Pussycats for rights to their music and negotiating a fee, but they see "Wow, the fans really want us -- these guys must really be desperate," they could raise the price, which could easily take it out of our budget and squash the whole deal.

    So in this case, total transparency can have a very negative effect on our whole DLC licensing and request process.
    Share this post

  5. #125
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by assafnroses123 Go to original post
    I handed in a lot of requests and would like to know that you got them for one thing and would like to able to track them (status of song and has anybody else suggested the song before).
    does any of it possible? can I track other songs that has been requested?


    thanks.
    assaf.

    I don't think we'll ever offer a real-time "top 10 artists requested" because then it does two things that I see as negatives.

    One, it becomes a popularity contest game where fans who have no interest in playing RS or buying DLC will simply see "my favorite band needs to win!" Then they come in and vote vote vote but it's not representative of the actual customer base, the people who are saying "I'll buy this if you make it." It has the potential to turn into a meaningless fan fight/popularity contest if it's too public, and that doesn't give us information we need to bring out successful DLC.

    Two, the artists can see that public list too. If we're asking Josie & the Pussycats for rights to their music and negotiating a fee, but they see "Wow, the fans really want us -- these guys must really be desperate," they could raise the price, which could easily take it out of our budget and squash the whole deal.

    So in this case, total transparency can have a very negative effect on our whole DLC licensing and request process.
    Share this post

  6. #126
    There you go, on the list of most requested. Where is my Stevie Ray Vaughn?!?!?! Please DLC "Pride and Joy", I'd like to learn it for my daughter. Maybe i'll start a thread to gain more popularity.
    Share this post

  7. #127
    hi,


    first of, thanks for the answer.
    I understand now about the top 10 list.

    but, is it possible to know the status of songs that I requested? I don't mean if the artist agreed or such, I just want to know that my requests got to where they need and, cross my fingers, there's a chance they would be in the DLC.

    kind regards and thanks a bunch,
    Assaf
    Share this post

  8. #128
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by assafnroses123 Go to original post
    but, is it possible to know the status of songs that I requested?
    No, sorry. We are frankly busy doing other stuff on this side, and the current system doesn't tie into your profile beyond simply letting us know which Uplay member requested which songs. We'd like to add that visibility functionality if we can, but it's not going to be soon.
    Share this post

  9. #129
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by assafnroses123 Go to original post
    but, is it possible to know the status of songs that I requested?
    No, sorry. We are frankly busy doing other stuff on this side, and the current system doesn't tie into your profile beyond simply letting us know which Uplay member requested which songs. We'd like to add that visibility functionality if we can, but it's not going to be soon.
    Share this post

  10. #130
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by djdaverich Go to original post
    There you go, on the list of most requested. Where is my Stevie Ray Vaughn?!?!?! Please DLC "Pride and Joy", I'd like to learn it for my daughter. Maybe i'll start a thread to gain more popularity.
    Please don't use the forums for requests. Use the request application.

    Also, if the artist you want is on our top 40 most request artists list...we know you want it already.
    Share this post

  11. #131
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Studio SF, California
    Posts
    3,611
    Originally Posted by djdaverich Go to original post
    There you go, on the list of most requested. Where is my Stevie Ray Vaughn?!?!?! Please DLC "Pride and Joy", I'd like to learn it for my daughter. Maybe i'll start a thread to gain more popularity.
    Please don't use the forums for requests. Use the request application.

    Also, if the artist you want is on our top 40 most request artists list...we know you want it already.
    Share this post

  12. #132
    Amara_Tamlin's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    534
    Early Guitar Hero and Rock Band titles sometimes used in-house covers of songs for which they couldn't get licenses for the recordings. Has there been any thought of doing that for songs or artists that are particularly hotly requested, but not at all receptive to licensing to Rocksmith?
    Share this post

  13. #133
    Since Rocksmith makes money from DLC I would still think they would need to get permission to do so. I never got into the plastic guitar games but I do recall people saying there were in house versions of songs in the game so I am not sure what that is all about.
    Share this post

  14. #134
    What about the songs that are big but only 1 song from the band that people know
    and it is from Guitar Hero rock the 80s
    and most people known what song I was talking about because it was big
    Share this post