🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    The more I look at the process the more I say
    hmmm

call, ask, wait.........

as a suggestion

would this be better?

call for an appointment
    fly there and meet face to face
    talk about their desires and concerns about offering their music as DLC
    close the deal

I personally think talking to these folks face to face will bring a better response.

that's just me
    I'm afraid it is just you. Again, there are many aspects of this process that we do not control, and choosing how to contact people who have the power to grant us permission to use their material is one of those elements. The people granting the license do not have the time or interest to meet with every potential licensee face to face, and showing up on their doorstep is not something they would welcome. The fact that we have more than 400 songs in the library is a strong indication that we are getting a good response with the existing, industry-standard methods plus the wisdom and professionalism of Ubisoft's licensing team.

In the same way that it might be preferable walking into a restaurant and speaking to the chef directly about how you want your food prepared, you are not actually invited into the kitchen -- and if you start expecting that kind of access, you'll be asked to leave.

Originally Posted by fatherrock Go to original post
    The more I look at the process the more I say
    hmmm

call, ask, wait.........

as a suggestion

would this be better?

call for an appointment
    fly there and meet face to face
    talk about their desires and concerns about offering their music as DLC
    close the deal

I personally think talking to these folks face to face will bring a better response.

that's just me
    I'm afraid it is just you. Again, there are many aspects of this process that we do not control, and choosing how to contact people who have the power to grant us permission to use their material is one of those elements. The people granting the license do not have the time or interest to meet with every potential licensee face to face, and showing up on their doorstep is not something they would welcome. The fact that we have more than 400 songs in the library is a strong indication that we are getting a good response with the existing, industry-standard methods plus the wisdom and professionalism of Ubisoft's licensing team.

In the same way that it might be preferable walking into a restaurant and speaking to the chef directly about how you want your food prepared, you are not actually invited into the kitchen -- and if you start expecting that kind of access, you'll be asked to leave.

Originally Posted by P308R Go to original post
    I was wondering with all the songs released, is there ever a thought been given to release some "lessons" by guitar teachers? Or license certain guitarist to give a teaching session and offer this as DLC?
    The lessons in the game are created by guitar teachers -- the entire notetracking team is comprised of working musicians, private guitar instructors, and composers/arrangers. Dig into the Lessons menu and see what's there. Additional lessons as DLC, however, is not in the plans, if that's what you're asking and maybe I'm missing your point.

Celebrity lessons? Not on the table right now either; our approach is music-based rather than personality based. If you'll notice, you don't even see people's faces in the lessons, because the focus of the game is you, not someone who already knows how to play guitar. We'd rather bring you their music.

Originally Posted by P308R Go to original post
    I was wondering with all the songs released, is there ever a thought been given to release some "lessons" by guitar teachers? Or license certain guitarist to give a teaching session and offer this as DLC?
    The lessons in the game are created by guitar teachers -- the entire notetracking team is comprised of working musicians, private guitar instructors, and composers/arrangers. Dig into the Lessons menu and see what's there. Additional lessons as DLC, however, is not in the plans, if that's what you're asking and maybe I'm missing your point.

Celebrity lessons? Not on the table right now either; our approach is music-based rather than personality based. If you'll notice, you don't even see people's faces in the lessons, because the focus of the game is you, not someone who already knows how to play guitar. We'd rather bring you their music.

P308R's Avatar Member
    Thanks DanAmrich for answering! Yes, it's what I wanted to know if the DLC - plans were only song related. I see I was not completely clear when asking

I was wondering if there were any plans for full album releases. I understand that it would take longer and have to be done sort of in the background, while the weekly dlcs are being made, but it would be cool. As long as it was by a band that I like, it would be an instant purchase for me.

If an artist is in the top 40 requested can we expect multiple pack releases from them?

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    Walter White knew best...

A noiseless patient spider,
    I mark’d where on a little promontory it stood isolated,
    Mark’d how to explore the vacant vast surrounding,
    It launch’d forth filament, filament, filament, out of itself,
    Ever unreeling them, ever tirelessly speeding them.
    Oh how I wish I could favorite this.

beakers1966's Avatar Junior Member

Thank you

I really appreciate all the information here, and between the post and the questions asked in the thread I pretty much had all my questions answered.

It's obvious that obtaining the DLC is a difficult process, as is everything concerning ownership/publishing/permissions where music is concerned. So I'll just say right now that I'll spend more time requesting songs and not worrying so fervently about whether they will make the game. In short, it can't hurt to request.

My personal wishlist consists of Beatle cover songs, and original Buddy Holly, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, and all that cool early stuff that led to the major boom in guitar music. But as I said, I'll just begin requesting and hope for the best!!

Thanks again!

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Has there been any consideration of releasing guitar exercises as dlc 'songs?' Since there'd be no licensing or rights involved, maybe a tracker could pretty cheaply and quickly make a pack of different exercises for strumming, finger dexterity, legato, arpeggios, or other techniques. If the 100% speed was quite fast, then users could slow them down in RR and gradually build up the speed and difficulty as they got better.

I've seen so many people criticize the guitarcade because we can't control what we are practicing, how quickly it progresses, or how long it lasts, and this might be a good complement to the games themselves. Is there any discussion of doing something like this any time soon?

fatherrock's Avatar Senior Member
    love the song graph / info

can you do that with requested features?

most requested ect...

Originally Posted by icypineapple Go to original post
    If an artist is in the top 40 requested can we expect multiple pack releases from them?
    Expect? Probably not... Hope for? Certainly...