Is there any point in requesting songs that are finger picked?
    Not sure if Ubi would release such tracks.

What kind of licensing hurdles would Ubi have to go through to release a cover of a song?
    ie... Great White covering Led Zep's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member
    "Ain't No Sunshine" is a great song for finger-picking.
    Go ahead and make your requests. We might get lucky!

Originally Posted by sizemic1 Go to original post
    What kind of licensing hurdles would Ubi have to go through to release a cover of a song?
    ie... Great White covering Led Zep's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.
    I'm not sure if I would want a cover, especially of Led Zeppelin. I would cry playing that song by any other band. It's either Led Zeppelin or nobody IMO. The thing is (although it would probably never happen) if Rocksmith was able to make Rocksmith: Led Zeppelin Edition, the sales for the game would explode. Literally.

Thanks for your response Dan! It means a lot, and I really appreciate everything. I do have one more question though. When it comes to thrash and death metal, are there any hopes of getting any old school thrash bands (that aren't the big 4, like Kreator, Testament, Exodus etc...) or old school Death metal, like Death, Carcass etc... Kreator's Violent Revolution, or Exodus' Blacklist, or Carcass' Heartwork. Or are you guys really only looking at bands who will make the biggest profit (like Slayer, Megadeth, which is understandable)?

I can see that Thrash and Death metal for the most part isn't liked by a lot of people, and something safer like Rise Against would probably be more profitable, but pure metal fans exist too.

Originally Posted by np2091 Go to original post
    I'm not sure if I would want a cover, especially of Led Zeppelin. I would cry playing that song by any other band. It's either Led Zeppelin or nobody IMO. The thing is (although it would probably never happen) if Rocksmith was able to make Rocksmith: Led Zeppelin Edition, the sales for the game would explode. Literally.
    I wouldn't want some bastardization of the song. The point is, if the masters are gone or a band is non-responsive to requests, is there a work around?
    Some songs are just too perfect for Rocksmith to be left out.

I have a question, I know you said, your mainly putting out new bands for dlc at the moment, but do you guys ever look at some of the top or better selling dlc, and say hey this one sold really well the band has a huge catagory, maybe we should see if we could put out more of there songs, as the is an obvious demand for them.

I only ask because as someone pointed out some bands deserve way more then a 5 pack, and to think you will never get any more songs from some of the bands/artists, because you guys are only putting out new ones each week, kinda sucks. I mean I just try to learn them outside riocksmith.

But great job,

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    There are a few fairly long songs in RS. Is there any song length over which the song simply has no chance of being in the game? Is, say, 10 minutes too long? 15? (Probably would have to release a "one-pack" that week! )

Steel_Nirvana's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, they released the short version of "Inna Gadda Da Vida" so that's probably a clue.

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Cuz excessively long drum solos make so much sense for a guitar tool!

jgrantham7's Avatar Senior Member
    There's a couple of 7+ minute songs.
    Go ahead and make your suggestions via the app.

They can't even see if it's available, unless they know what you're looking for.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by infocat1 Go to original post
    Cuz excessively long drum solos make so much sense for a guitar tool!
    Yeah but there's also a guitar solo we missed out on