Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member

Unity co-op will it need PS+ and Gold for consoles?

Cause if it does since I'm forced to buy a console I'm not paying what I pay for my ****ing cell phone bill monthly to have the privilege of paying extra to use Ubisofts servers that I already paid for when I bought the 60 dollar game.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    PS+ is only $50 a year

That's like.. one month of a individual cell bill

jmk1999's Avatar Moderator
    agreed... and the number of games you can get in that time for free, particularly on PSN is certainly worth it... especially if you got a PS3 and/or PS Vita. also, i enjoy it for the cloud save feature alone. i lost my save data when my old PS3 crashed and i haven't looked back since. real good investment when you wanna save your stuff.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    I too refuse to pay for a subscription fee just to play online with someone. Nintendo is the only one who provides free online on consoles nowadays.

60 bucks a year for 7 years (average life of a console) adds up.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    did I say anything derogatory to him?

I very rarely try to insult people.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    Don't hate on him jexx.

I too refuse to pay for a subscription fee just to play online with someone. Nintendo is the only one who provides free online on consoles nowadays.

60 bucks a year for 7 years (average life of a console) adds up.
    At least you can share games across different accounts on the one system

With steam you have to get the other account person to authorize it which is a pain, and you have to be online to play them. AND you need to do it all again if you restart your computer.

Seriously what's up with that, these games are on a system in my house, shouldn't matter what account bought them. They are on my computer and the only thing that is LOCKING CONTENT is Steam. Consumer friendly my arse.

Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    At least you can share games across different accounts on the one system

With steam you have to get the other account person to authorize it which is a pain, and you have to be online to play them. AND you need to do it all again if you restart your computer.

Seriously what's up with that, these games are on a system in my house, shouldn't matter what account bought them. They are on my computer and the only thing that is LOCKING CONTENT is Steam. Consumer friendly my arse.
    What does sharing games and steam have to do with anything? I didn't say anything PC master race related. I just said I prefer it the way Nintendo and Ps3 do things in terms of online. i.e. no subscription fees.

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    PS+ is only $50 a year

That's like.. one month of a individual cell bill
    It's the principal, why the hell should people pay to access a feature of their game that the devs didn't even charge them for? What is that ****?

Originally Posted by jmk1999 Go to original post
    agreed... and the number of games you can get in that time for free, particularly on PSN is certainly worth it... especially if you got a PS3 and/or PS Vita. also, i enjoy it for the cloud save feature alone. i lost my save data when my old PS3 crashed and i haven't looked back since. real good investment when you wanna save your stuff.
    As I said above, I'm not going to pay to access a feature that should have been covered in my fee to the developers for the game they made, **** I'm already paying for the internet, the console, and the game.

The nicest way I can put it is...

both companies can suck a ****.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Mayrice Go to original post
    What does sharing games and steam have to do with anything? I didn't say anything PC master race related. I just said I prefer it the way Nintendo and Ps3 do things in terms of online. i.e. no subscription fees.
    Nothing just a grievance I developed today when I created a new steam account only to realize steam was locking content that was on my computer. Also a disadvantage of PC in response to your criticism of consoles.

If Unity doesn't require PS+ I'll buy the game twice.

Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Nothing just a grievance I developed today when I created a new steam account only to realize steam was locking content that was on my computer. Also a disadvantage of PC in response to your criticism of consoles.
    omigod.

I wasn't critizising ALL consoles in general.

If I had that mentality, I wouldn't own a 360, ps4, and wii u.

I was agreeing with the OP and saying wii u and ps3 did it right. Don't confuse honest opinion over blind hate.

edit: which is somewhat ironic considering I did the same thing to jexx but that's besides the point! Anyway battery dying gtg.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►