Originally Posted by Atban06 Go to original post
    Begin the balancing with the Angel. This card is op as the Boneyard. Suggestion: less hp and "When this createre enters the battleground and there are at least 3 friendly cretures destroy all enemy ongoing spells."
    Jesus...itīs not even close to the op level of boneyard, itīs just a cheap but slow fatty with a highly situational ability. Slow enough so stronghold and inferno donīt care about him, situational enough for them. Too good vs enthrall based strategies? Haven still canīt play removals or high damage spell, just play your cloudshaper in front of him if you are worried about his stats...or play your banshees before you start playing entrhall...
    This card just starts giving us a chance to play haven, we still need better early game creatures to deal with those insanely good rushy creatures from stronghold and inferno...

Wait, do you main dham mass rage? I could see the problem then, and let me tell that Iīm not sad about this, you can still troll everyone else with your mass rage, stone shields, ur jubaal, arkathīs and so on...(if you play her). The 3 friendly creatures requeriment would make him unplayable against an already lost board where a random dark magic user has all your fatties and killed all your small creatures.

Btw, how long until we see the new sanctuary cards?

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    Fatties will be unplayable as long as they are vulnerable to Dark Magic, Broken Bridge, etc.

ulpsz's Avatar Senior Member
    nothing I like so far....

the angel seems well ballanced but his ability not so usefull...ongoing spells have never been such a big problem so far in standard..
    divine intervention seems like a far better choice imo...and why protector??? he does not protect anything...he dispels enemy spells...why not angelic purger or something along thet line...

the spell is ok..but they better had left sunburst in standard

the golem seems to encourage those construct decks I liked playing them so ok here but nothing more

how come you are so uncreative with enrage /bloodlust creatures...

bloodshark would have been a card for the old keltor who could work with bloodlust also...

why not give the enrage counters when he KILLS an enemy creature..that would make more sense wouldn't it???
    it's like you deliberately create this left handed stuff....

so far you guys seem very short on creative ideas

Sahaar Brute returns lol

Stoneofhelp's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Portios86 Go to original post

The angel is a very decent creature which will never come into play at turn 4 due to requeriments. Its ability is good but quite situational (we donīt know how GB meta is going to be like). Nice stats and decent ability, cheap but slow (due to requeriments). Overall a good card, but not all what we need.

Sunblaze...nice card, well designed, but way worse than it looks. To play a fast sunblaze, unlike firebolt, you will need to rise magic early, and sunblaze canīt kill almost anything, specially early rushers. It would be awesome against DA but we play against lava spawns and 1/0/5 enrage shoters. It can be very good in mid-late where creatures are fighting though. A nice card, a bit of what we need, but still not everything we need.

Keep the good work, guys, but please donīt forget to check main issues in this meta. We still need a decent early game shoter for haven and sanctuary. Crusader watchmen is a joke in standard (a very big one), new sister is awful, at least in the current meta. Sanctuary needs a 2 damage fast shoter too.
    Haven could get also better 3 drops, but mostly 2 drops (squire, sister and watchmen are very underwhelming and loyal griffin isnīt enough), crusader vanguard, sunrider and chaplain are decent but they lose to every 3 drop of every other faction, thatīs unfair.

Btw, I think you are designing angel protector as the "anti-dark magic late game" defense, because it fights enthralls. Itīs very nice, still not enough if haven is going to be a late game faction. Donīt know if itīs supposed to be late game faction though.

I like how it looks but I hope you really have something else for haven, not just mediocre cards or fillers. These cards arenīt the case, these cards are very nice, congratulations.

I totally agree. Angel is fine but situational. A nice counter for enthalls other than broken Bridges which is nice, And could maybe help vs mass rage. I am usure whether he actually need a dark ward or not. Would either have to decrease his stats or increase his costs for that. I likes the first reveal of this card a lot more tbh, except the cost might have been too high, hard to balance. Useful damage reduction and immunity to darkness magic sounded great! For that kind of magic requirement on the new version we could pack some divine intervention instead to deal with ongoing spells.

I agree with the problems with Sunblaze. It cant help clear any of the early threats and is too underwhelming for late game usefulness.

The Stonghold creature.... I can see threads coming where people complain about how this card encourages bloothirst creatures all all the stronghold heros only work with enrage counters. Anyway lets see what happens. Might have some interesting plays with sacrificial altar

gabusan's Avatar Banned
    Bloodshark warrior's ability looks it will never do anything. If he has 3 counters of him, I will want to attack and use them, not sit idly waiting to see if he dies. But for stats alone, he is playable.

Angel protector sounds more like a purger to me, not a protector. They cannot even get the names right.

Makeshift golem looks like a decent blocker (he can be placed in front of a melee turn 1 2/1/2, something Scholar was unable to do without having to run away after blocking the attack). Judging by stats, maybe they are envisioning a masafar deck that raises just magic and nothing else, putting only might 1 creatures into play at the beginning (Academy has a few good ones of these) and then big constructs later through his ability.

And Sunblaze looks like it will be used a lot by light heroes, if only because they dont have anything better in standard to deal damage cheaply.

The Bloodshark Warrior is basically the new verson of the Sahaar Brute... which disappoints Kelthor lovers everywhere. (When Kelthor's ability got nerfed with the introduction of Base Set 2.0 and Standard format, so that the ability could not be used on creatures that had only Bloodthirst and not Enrage, it had far more effect on game meta in my mind than even the cost increases of Pao Deathseeker and Blackskull Vulture Rider.)

I agree that sunblaze's utility will depend on what other cards come with it. It would be very interesting to see a set that focuses on giving light magic more offensive ability. Assuming that this set is the same size as HoN, that's only 3-4 spell cards to work with, but two direct damage spells then an ongoing buff could be an interesting setup.

I'm actually more interested in the new elemental creatures--the wind and earth creatures are definitely big parts in a lot of my decks, and the light one really didn't impress me. It'll be interesting to see what the next ones are (and which schools get them).

Originally Posted by cleverpun0 Go to original post
    I agree that sunblaze's utility will depend on what other cards come with it. It would be very interesting to see a set that focuses on giving light magic more offensive ability. Assuming that this set is the same size as HoN, that's only 3-4 spell cards to work with, but two direct damage spells then an ongoing buff could be an interesting setup.

I'm actually more interested in the new elemental creatures--the wind and earth creatures are definitely big parts in a lot of my decks, and the light one really didn't impress me. It'll be interesting to see what the next ones are (and which schools get them).
    Sadly, it doesnīt seem like they are going to release more light damage spells, 2 light damage spells in the same expansion looks weird, and light isnīt supposed to be very effective at killing. I hope they release other kind of interesting (AND good) light spells.

Anyway, as long as we get some decent creatures for early game we can live without more damage spells.

Btw this sunblaze doesnīt look so mediocre if you play morgan or zardoc (water and earth), but still, we need better 2 and 3 drops. I love this new angel and it helps haven in many ways, but we need better creatures for early game, canīt wait to see them (really, canīt wait xD )

So we have awesome earth, air and (not so awesome cause dark magic) light. Water, fire and primal are left? Canīt wait to see them, again.

Hey guys, question: How many of those protector angels are you going to play? We donīt know the future meta yet but what do you think? are 4 too many? 2? it has great stats for a low cost, even if itīs situational, but the requeriments make them a bit slow. With heroic destiny in a morgan deck, not so slow, but heroic destiny lowers your deck (while speeding your stats). I think we are going to see from 2 to 4 in every haven deck unless they release something else for that drop tier.

malkorion's Avatar Senior Member
    What was last night's reveal? The Angel that we already knew about?