🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

A Dumb Idea, Maybe, But it would help Ubisoft rep as of late.

If people want the Watch_Dogs e3 settings, why doesn't Ubisoft release an update to the PC version with the effects enabled (but as a separate option)? And add a "proceed at your own risk" option? (Unless the performance issues are so severe that you honestly think it would cause severe damages, to which case you could tone down the amount of the effect[s] instead of removing the effects altogether) You could also include a clause in the EULA agreement with that patch that renders you, Ubisoft, at no fault to damages or malfunctions to the end user's machine. You would win the PC community back, at least.
    No?
    Just a thought.
    But please do it.
    >

The E3 graphics are secondary and not hugely important right now and can easily be added by the user anyway, what is important is that they get the game running properly.

dilla69's Avatar Member
    I as a developer hosestly wouldn't add instable features even with such a notice to a game which is in fact instable enough.

Phat_Monkey's Avatar Member
    There will be no Stutter / FPS fix guys, give up, only fixes will be for PS4, all patches for PC will be minor if we are lucky, just don't PRE ORDER the new AC Unity until u see it working, no matter what pre order deal they give you, avoid the temptation cause remember, they never fixed with PHYSX problem in AC Black Flag lol.... see where i am going with this TREND

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by riseyboy Go to original post
    There will be no Stutter / FPS fix guys, give up, only fixes will be for PS4, all patches for PC will be minor if we are lucky, just don't PRE ORDER the new AC Unity until u see it working, no matter what pre order deal they give you, avoid the temptation cause remember, they never fixed with PHYSX problem in AC Black Flag lol.... see where i am going with this TREND
    FYI - The team are still investigating the cause of the stutter and are attempting to remove it in future updates.

Originally Posted by Mr_Shade Go to original post
    FYI - The team are still investigating the cause of the stutter and are attempting to remove it in future updates.
    I really hope so, I pretty much abandoned to play this game after the patch release. The game is just broken. It was better before the patch.

Please see post here (GeForce Forums): http://goo.gl/VFGKuB OR this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edFv7nN_ACI

Watch it to the end, that is what I am experiencing on a 3930k + TITAN (single) + 16GB + SSD system. 340.xx driver.

NO MODS, the game is STOCK.

djriful, the freezing you are getting looks exactly like mine does. If you disable SLI it doesn't do that anymore, you'll be back with the stuttering we had pre-patch although your overall framerate will take a hit.

Originally Posted by doodimus Go to original post
    djriful, the freezing you are getting looks exactly like mine does. If you disable SLI it doesn't do that anymore, you'll be back with the stuttering we had pre-patch although your overall framerate will take a hit.
    This is a single GTX TITAN, I don't even have a second GPU or SLI.

Load temperature 40'c GPU and 50'c CPU. Full custom watercooling.

Ah sorry, I only clicked on the youtube link and I thought the video was your gameplay. When I disable SLI it only freezes like that when driving, not when running around so I thought it may have been the same problem. It basically doesn't run well for the majority of the time on a single high end GPU, best to wait for the next patch. I'm playing some other games and will come back to this when(if) it gets fixed.

PremierSlayer88's Avatar Junior Member

Shuttering Problems

Glad i got this game on sale when i did but i hope they fix the shuttering issue soon, its crazy that all this is happening, but the game is still really awesome